Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Yazmin

I got caught up in the hype and the packaging after my initial instinct to skip. While being able to see and swatch something in person is ideal to deciding whether an item is a must-have for me, blogger swatches help me picture how it may translate to my skin tone.

Unfortunately, the cream cheek color is too pale for me - lighter than the lightest cream cheek colors I already have in my collection. I do love it's iridescence though - but I can duplicate that with my Becca highlighters. I think I was getting the eye and cheek palette more for the packaging than the shades themselves, one or two of which I'm pretty sure wouldn't get much use, so for me $95 is a lot to spent for the three remaining colors I may or may not use.

Who knows though - at this time I haven't officially canceled my hold with my SA at Neiman's so I may use that as an opportunity to go in and judge for myself while not risking being SOL if everything sells out before I can.

Hope everyone else enjoys their purchases from this collection! I know they'll look beautiful on you!

Jaymuhlee

They are going to be so different--Terra is a matte, and the Hourglass are glowy... They won't be dupes for sure.  Maybe Gold Dust and the Ambient Powders would be closer. T looks so pretty in Golden Peach, I keep telling myself that the peachy trio that TF released 2 years ago is a dupe for the sparkly powder shade. I'm still not sure about this collection--I'm debating the oyster eyeshadow and cream blush. Still, the Sephora sale is coming up too.  What to do.. I may just wait on TF summer. I need the Gold Dust full size bronzer--I went through an entire one all the way to the last bit. It's a beautiful bronzer but perm so no rush. I'm hoping that in a few weeks CT will release her cream eyeshadows. Don't mind me I'm just talking thinking wondering...
I know they're completely different finishes and that's the problem! I don't know what I like/prefer yet. Very new to the world of bronzer and actually only own my four seasons bronzer and MAC Aphrodite's Shell. So far I've been looking at Hourglass, TF, Marc Jacobs, and Guerlain's other bronzers but I'm stuck!

elegant-one

In case anyone is interested and didn't read the comments on Temptalia:

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-pink-sand-cream-cheek-color-review-photos-swatches#comments

this is what TF told Christine was used in the promo image:

Intensive Infusion Ultra Rich Moisturizer/Illuminating Primer
Traceless Foundation SPF 15
Concealing Pen
Shade and Illuminate
Brow Sculptor in Taupe
Cream and Powder Eye Color in Naked Bronze
Cream: brush along lash line, over the lid and underneath the eye, blend up towards the brow
Powder shade: apply to inner corner of eye and over lid
Eye Defining Pencil in Metallic Mink
Extreme Mascara in Raven
Lip Color Sheer in Skinnydip
Cream Cheek Color in Pink Sand
Bronzing Powder
Shimmering Body Oil on body
Hmm, so its not Rose Soleil on the lips as posted earlier.

elegant-one

As has been stated previously when a review is given, it is their opinion of the product. Often one reviewer may view something totally different then you might feel about it. Perhaps it would be wise to see the majority of opinions before making a decision based on one person's review. I often find myself feeling a reviewer is wrong, at least for me and how I feel about a product. Think of it as Suzy said the color pink is ugly on you. So you will never wear pink because Suzy told you this in 1st grade?
Well then I DON'T like Suzy
blah.gif
cause PINK is ALWAYS pretty in my book
greengrin.gif

So, Naked Bronze is Spice?

ashievic

The two lighter cream eyeshadows are re-promotes. I was not given the prior colors names, sorry. But I was told the other two cream shadows are new. Not Spring 2015 re-promote. I was also told the lip stick worn by the model is the Rose. Again, I choose to believe who I actually know and have relationships with at TF over a reviewer. But, heck I could be wrong. This is not a earth moving moment. It is makeup.

Winthrop44

I thought Ernie said that RS was on her lips in the promo???
Yeah, I guess the TF rep who communicated with Christine had different info than the ones who communicated with ashievic and Ernie. For all we know they could be layered and then photoshopped to boot! lol. Kind of like the Chanel promo that used the orange looking glossimer that is super sheer irl.

ashievic

Yep, makeup and skincare are among the most YMMV things on the planet. What are you getting from this collection @ashievic ?
I have ordered the following:

eye/cheek palette
cream blush
all 4 eyeshadows
Rose Soleil
Skinny Dip
Shimmering Oil

I will purchase the Gold Dust bronzer next pay check. Since it will be permanent, in the smaller size. The large one is not airport friendly. Dior is coming out on 5/1 at Neiman's. So I need to spend some money there too. Yes, I know it is up at Dior now. But with what Neiman's did for my family with my Dad so ill, as in calls, texts, emails, cards offering to help in any way from the local store in Northbrook to the CEO in Dallas. I am loyal to them. You can purchase high end makeup anywhere. This entire corporation went above and beyond to help my family in any way they could. As in offer transportation from Ohare out to our house in the super burbs, food, bills, whatever. I don't know of another store who would care that much.

elegant-one

Yeah, I guess the TF rep who communicated with Christine had different info than the ones who communicated with ashievic and Ernie. For all we know they could be layered and then photoshopped to boot! lol. Kind of like the Chanel promo that used the orange looking glossimer that is super sheer irl.
So true!

I got SkinnyDip & NudeDip confused tonight
lol.gif
wacko.gif