Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

elegant-one

I tried on my Blush Nude yesterday & it's lost it's flavor/going bad
cry.gif
I haven't had it that long either. I have ancient Mac lipsticks & they are still like brand new.

Medgal07

I truly have an addition. I ordered 3 TF lipsticks already then added one more ... Paradiso. Had to order it from a UK website though. All the US websites were OOS. That's a lovely color, right?
It's gorgeous!!!! Great choice! I thought it was going to be perm now.

Medgal07

cry.gif
I haven't had it that long either. I have ancient Mac lipsticks & they are still like brand new.
OMG------take it back, take it back!!!!!! That was said to be an issue w/TF lippies but I've not yet had it!
icon_eek.gif

Vineetha

I tried on my Blush Nude yesterday & it's lost it's flavor/going bad :cry: I haven't had it that long either. I have ancient Mac lipsticks & they are still like brand new.
Nooooooo!! This seems to be a problem with TF lipsticks though!! There is some ingredient in it that goes bad pretty quick!! I had the same problem with Scarlet rouge from a while back but thankfully nothing since then!! :sigh:

elegant-one

OMG------take it back, take it back!!!!!! That was said to be an issue w/TF lippies but I've not yet had it!
icon_eek.gif

I don't even remember where I got it from..I'll have to investigate. It's probably been about 9 or 10 months
Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

Nooooooo!! This seems to be a problem with TF lipsticks though!! There is some ingredient in it that goes bad pretty quick!! I had the same problem with Scarlet rouge from a while back but thankfully nothing since then!!
sigh.gif
Oh crap no! Its the first one that I've noticed do this.

maeonsaturday

Is it really? I searched through all the US online shops and none of them have it, or they have a "Expected to ship no later than Date Unavailable" - which is just as good as OOS. Waiting for TF stuff gives me unhealthy palpitations so I just had to get it from UK online.
drools.gif

Is there already another similar color within the TF range? I have Flamingo, among others. Is it similar?

maeonsaturday

cry.gif
What!! I've heard someone else say that about TF lipsticks. I haven't had that problem and I live in a very humid environment. Have you tried putting your lippies in the fridge?

For me the only lipstick that turned bad on me (in less than a month) was Estee Lauder's Pink Dragon, very pretty color but doesn't last and urgh, those are not cheap either. I understand your pain. You should definitely ask for an exchange.

Sugar & Spice

cry.gif
Yes it's a common issue with TF, however I just checked the Frantic Pink lipstick I bought awhile back and it's still good.

Another reason I don't feel guilty for indulging in Christian Louboutin lipsticks as I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about them going bad.

ashievic

Is it really? I searched through all the US online shops and none of them have it, or they have a "Expected to ship no later than Date Unavailable" - which is just as good as OOS. Waiting for TF stuff gives me unhealthy palpitations so I just had to get it from UK online.
drools.gif

Is there already another similar color within the TF range? I have Flamingo, among others. Is it similar?
Ravenous Lip Shine and Electric Pink are the cousins at least to me.

elegant-one

Yes it's a common issue with TF, however I just checked the Frantic Pink lipstick I bought awhile back and it's still good.

Another reason I don't feel guilty for indulging in Christian Louboutin lipsticks as I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about them going bad.
sigh.gif
I can live with it, I guess. Such a shame for an expensive line.

Quote: Originally Posted by Missyrocks

Yup,me,too. A couple have gone bad including one of my Boys
icon_eek.gif
ohboy.gif
I hope it doesn't happen to any of the others I have. Have they addressed the issue publicly? And, are the newer one minus whatever ingredient is going bad?

ashievic

I have not had an issue with any TF going yucky. I keep them in a darken room, away from any source of heat. Such as the heat vent is on the other end of the room. Actually I have never had any makeup product go bad. Which is a good thing. Except for some mascara drying out.

Sugar & Spice

My makeup is kept in a dark cool place as well but 2 TF lipsticks still went bad after a month and I returned them. Aphrodisiac & Cherry Lush.

ashievic

i feel that is criminal, lets press charges. That is just so wrong!!!!! That truly would be Death by Lipstick!!!!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF]I've been so inthralled with CL that I've forgotten my other loves, like Tom Ford.  I have been wearing my duos and today my Ultra Shine Lip Gloss, Sugar Pink arrived.  I got to complete my 'PINK' uniform of the Pink Duo, Flamingo lipstick and Sugar Pink lipgloss.[/COLOR]
enjoy medgal I loveeee sugar pink it's my fave tf lipgloss I wear it a couple times a week It's going to be beautiful on u

Medgal07

I don't even remember where I got it from..I'll have to investigate. It's probably been about 9 or 10 months
Oh crap no! Its the first one that I've noticed do this.
It's worth finding out. they shouldn't go bad like that. I've had a couple of MAC lip glasses go bad---I guess it's the oil content but thenI've had lipsticks from various
brands that have lasted for years!!!!

shrugs.gif

Medgal07

drools.gif

Paradisco: http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-summer-2015-lip-color-sheers-reviews-photos-swatches

Flamingo is a cooler pink ----P has more yellow and on me it pulls more coral

Medgal07

They'd better not! I'm up to seven CLs and I would return one that goes bad in a heartbeat!!!!