Treo 650 - Smartphone

Indigowaters

Does anyone have any tips about using the Treo 650. Suggestion? Free downloads? Please put them here.
smiles.gif
I love mine.
eyelove.gif

MiCHiE

One suggestion I have for all Treo users is to place any applications on 1 at a time, make sure the Treo functions, then add another. That way, if your phone begins to act up, you can pinpoint the problem.

Indigowaters

Has anyone tried Target Assistant Lite for Treo 650? It's free (not a free trial) and I want to know if it's safe before I download it. TIA!

IslandGirl77

Never heard of that app. I love the program backup man that thing has saved me a few times. Lightwave is cool for managing your ringtones. I need to look through my Treo CD to see what programs I have.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Has anyone tried Target Assistant Lite for Treo 650? It's free (not a free trial) and I want to know if it's safe before I download it. TIA!

That one's safe. I don't use it, but it's available on the Palm site.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
my husband accidentally threw away my installation disk for the software for my treo
cry.gif

Aww. Not good. I haven't used mine yet. What does it do?

MiCHiE

It has applications for the phone and the info needed for computer syncronization. You need to run the disk so that your device will have backup support.

Shimmer

yeah I got most of it, but it doesn't have the realplayer and a couple of "extras" that the disk does.
I've got the basics, but that's ALL I had until I downloaded google maps yesterday.
I need an SD card too.

Indigowaters

My boss (who I thought hated me) just gave me an SD card for free! I have a question though. I just did my Hotsync and I want to know does it compromise information from your computer to other sites? I know this may be a silly question, but I guess I'm just paranoid cause I'm not used to it and it's new, lol.

meaghan<3

Hello everyone! I odered my Palm 750 and it should be here tomorrow. I'm so excited!! Are there any tips or tricks i should know before I get it??!?!?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Is there a site I can go to to download ringtones?

I'd use Cingular, if you have their service. The tones are good, reasonably priced, and won't mess anything up.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaghan<3
Hello everyone! I odered my Palm 750 and it should be here tomorrow. I'm so excited!! Are there any tips or tricks i should know before I get it??!?!?

Don't drop it and read the instruction booklet. Also, you can find online tutorials / tips / tricks that will give you a hand.
smiles.gif

meaghan<3

Thanks, Shimmer! I know, I couldn't believe that the PDAs are not insurable! So, I better not drop it! Is there any particular place that you go to find these tutorial websites? TIA.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Google.
smiles.gif
I use it for everything
greengrin.gif

Yeah, I know, and I was like...WTF YOU'RE KIDDING ME!?!??!

Nope. They were serious.

Dammit. I want a BlackJack this summer. I wonder if I can convince husband I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed one.
winks.gif