UK'ers did you feel the earthquake??

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLilith
I probably should have been asleep. But i wasn't. i'm still not asleep...
Hope your essay is going ok Nunu -you could always try 'but there was an earthquake!' as an excuse, but i don't think it'd work...

LOL, that would be a funny excuse since it wasn't major (thank god) hehehehehe

AppleDiva

I am glad to hear that you are ok and doing fine.
th_hug.gif

I had to check on relatives in the UK.

Jot

I was asleep but i'm also up north so probably too far away to feel anything. Glad you are ok Nunu x

theend

It woke me up. Big rumbling and shaking. Made my MAC lipglosses fall over! That what the extent of the damage though.

Pure Vanity

It woke me up at 12.58am I thought I was dreaming lol lasted about 15 secs.
Glad no one has been hurt and it was just a lil one.

Lissa

I slept right through
ssad.gif

My friend at work though woke up to find her bed and furniture shaking. She'd been discussing with a neighbouring villager at the weekend local haunted houses. She woke up thinking they had a poltergeist! She thought it had been waiting for her boyfriend to be away for the night and had decided to strike! Needless to say she didn't get much sleep after that, lol

neeshie

I'm in London and slept right through it too. I was surprised when I looked at the BBC website. I started looking round the house to see if anything had fallen!

glam8babe

OMG YES :|
i heard my boxes lightly tapping against my wall (they are on top of my chest of drawers) and i was like wtf:S and i kept looking at them for about 5 seconds then everything started shaking!! i was like woahhh
i thought the house was gonna collapse
then some girl i know who lives in a different area of the uk to me said on msn "did u feel that?" then i was like god. im glad im not the only one

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot
I was asleep but i'm also up north so probably too far away to feel anything. Glad you are ok Nunu x

im in the north east too... and i definately felt it :| it was horrible lol

jazza

not even a murmur. i'm in andover, which is white on the map. can't read what the chart says, looks like shaking says "nothing" to me.

i was watching a tv show in bed at 1am, the whole house was still as a mouse.

Jot

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
im in the north east too... and i definately felt it :| it was horrible lol

Yeah one of my friends said they felt it too! Glad you are ok x

girlstar

I was asleep on the couch, but the bf was watching tv next to me. He said he felt everything start to shake, and went to wake me up but then didn't cos he knew I would freak out!! He woke me up after it had stopped shaking, telling me that the couch had been moving and the plants on the windowsill were as well, I thought he was nuts! He was thinking that there was a structural problem with the apartment building and that it was about to collapse! So then I started freaking out as well!!! We ended up sitting in bed for the next 2 hours, on our laptops with BBC news on as well :O I was too freaked to sleep!

V15U4L_3RR0R

I was awake until about half two in the morning and didn't feel a thing. Though I am further south than London which I gather was the cut off for people in the south who could feel it.

Edited to add that there was an earthquake down here last year and I remember how scary it was. But the last earthquake I felt before that when I liked in stoke on Trent, I didn't feela thing because I was asleep.

MsCocoa

Wow, to be honest I didn't feel a thing it says Londons week but I'm assuming since I lover further south than flowerhead that might explain it. Glad you're ok though!