Urban Decay: ALL NIGHTER

Ingenue

I just picked it up yesterday. It's supposed to set your makeup, and hold it for 16 hours. It's non-aerosol and vegan, which is what got my attention:
348.jpg

Has anyone else tried it? I sprayed my makeup today... we'll see how it holds. If it works, I'll use for my night shoots 'cause the temperature changes (hot lights vs. cool night air) tends to put the makeup through the paces.

bellaboomboom

Yes, I got it last week and I do think it works. I definitely see a difference in how my makeup looks at the end of a LONG day
sleepy.gif

Ingenue

Cool! I'll check my makeup at the end of the day and see if it holds up for me. I'm very oily, so I'd be interested to see what it does to keep that oil in check!

Ingenue

This didn't work for me today. I'll try again tomorrow with a different foundation and a primer. If it doesn't hold up tomorrow, it's going back to the store.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
This didn't work for me today. I'll try again tomorrow with a different foundation and a primer. If it doesn't hold up tomorrow, it's going back to the store.

I haven't tried the All Nighter, but I tried the spray for oily skin and it did nothing for me. I actually think it made my skin look worse so I returned it. Hopefully you have better results.

bellaboomboom

Maybe it does not work well on oily skin? My skin is dry so that may be the difference.

I also use fix+ as a setting spray and I think that is just as good as the All Nighter.

Smf16

I have been wondering would this help my oily skin too! I have not been willing to spend the money if it won't work...glad I saw this post!

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondavancouver
I heard some girls on youtube give this stuff bad reviews... 16 hrs?! That's a VERY bold claim! Try the sprays from skindinavia! Skindinavia - Skindinavia makeup finish for 16 hour makeup hold. I own the "no more shine" and it works wonders! I give it about 8-10 hours of impeccable wear!!!

I think this one IS from Skindinavia... in collaboration with Urban Decay. I'm wearing it again today. It set very nicely. It held until I broke a sudden sweat (I thought I'd left my wallet in a restaurant)... but now it's dry and settled again. I'm not going to blot or touch up or anything. I want to really test its staying power.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondavancouver
I heard some girls on youtube give this stuff bad reviews... 16 hrs?! That's a VERY bold claim! Try the sprays from skindinavia! Skindinavia - Skindinavia makeup finish for 16 hour makeup hold. I own the "no more shine" and it works wonders! I give it about 8-10 hours of impeccable wear!!!

It's the exact same formula. The UD products are made by Skindinavia - I guess they are just repackaged for UD.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
I think this one IS from Skindinavia... in collaboration with Urban Decay. I'm wearing it again today. It set very nicely. It held until I broke a sudden sweat (I thought I'd left my wallet in a restaurant)... but now it's dry and settled again. I'm not going to blot or touch up or anything. I want to really test its staying power.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it's the same product. I compared the ingredients and they are word for word the same for the various formulas. So if you don't have luck with this one, I wouldn't try the Skindinavia.

Ingenue

That's what I thought. I just checked it; after breaking into a FULL ON SWEAT... I now have a dewy 'sheen' to my skin, but the makeup is holding. It looks dewy... not oily. Us oily girls know the difference. lol

It's been 4 hours.

SmokeSignal16

That's a bummer some of ya'll aren't having good results with this! I'm an oil slick but so far this has been helping extend the wear of my foundation quite well!

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
That's a bummer some of ya'll aren't having good results with this! I'm an oil slick but so far this has been helping extend the wear of my foundation quite well!

SS I'm giving it the ol' college try! lol

My makeup has creased a bit, and I had to matte it down again with blotting tissue. I'm wearing Chanel Mat Lumiere.

The jury is still out... I may keep it. But it's $30. For that price, I'm going to need it to work.

beautywithbre

Quote:

My makeup has creased a bit, and I had to matte it down again with blotting tissue. I'm wearing Chanel Mat Lumiere.

The jury is still out... I may keep it. But it's $30. For that price, I'm going to need it to work.

You'll have to let us know what you end up doing. I've had my eye on this for a while so it's a bummer if it doesn't work.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:

Yeah I used the Dance formula of the Skindaniaka....whatever it's spelled lol for College with this Maybelline foundation thats long wearing since it covers some but isn't full coverage or anything, and then I use the Oil Slick one for work and summer time. I wear Teint Idole in Lancome which is a pretty long wearing foundation anyway, well on me at least lol. I've never tried the Chanel one so I have no idea how it would wear on it's own. But I understand when your spend money and it doesn't work you should def get your moneys back!

shadowaddict

I have been thinking about trying the Oil Slick one as I am very oily. For summer I have been using MUFE Mat Velvet foundation and that has been working better but it could use a little help. It is so very humid here in Tennessee.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:

Exactly. Especially because you have to spray it before and after applying foundation/makeup. That's a lot of spraying! I almost felt like spraying it before might be undermining the effectiveness of my primer. Right now my de-slicking routine is to use an oil-control primer, blot with with blotting tissues when I get oily, and then follow up with blot powder.

Ingenue

It's going back to the store tomorrow. It simply doesn't work. The foundation ends up sticky with just a little temperature change. That's not good. I picked up MUFE Mist & Fix today. At least that's a tried and true product. I feel like UD needs to go back to the drawing board on this one.