We have experienced a grave loss *UPDATED*

Demosthenes

I've been away, and I'm so heartbroken that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye. She was the sweetest and most helpful person... I'm tearing up, I just did not expect this at all. I'm so sorry, and you will be missed Janice.

Jillith

Janice

I'm at a loss for words, but I wanted to post that I will really miss Janice's kind, encouraging presence here at Specktra.

Pink_minx

I didnt know her that well on this site, but it is very sad to know that this had happened. I've seen some of her posts and especially of her daughter. She will be missed, and shall rest in peace. Much prayers to her family and friends.

alt629

This is very sad and unexpected news. I haven't been able to log on for a while, so I just found out. I am truly shaken, but I will think of her very fondly. I also just found out that the challenge for this month is one we had discussed - my bird, Niles - and I'm so happy and honored to see that it came to fruition. Even a small thing like that really means a lot.

I know this news is heartbreaking, but it's a consolation to know that she will live on in our memories of her. It's devastating to lose someone so special, but I guess we just have to remember that it's her time to rest.

God bless her.

Amy

may_cup

ssad.gif
I haven't logged on in a while, but I'd like to add my condolences and great memories of Janice to everyone else's coments. She will be greatly missed.

caffn8me

It's Ciara's eighth birthday tomorrow. It's just so sad that Janice didn't get to be there. My thoughts are with Ciara and the rest of the family, hoping that she has as happy a birthday celebration as she can have under the cirumstances.

Kathytoo

To say I am absolutely stunned would be an understatement. Janice was my first "trade" here on Spectra. Why my "tokens" never transferred with the move is beyond me.

I knew Janice was chronicly ill from our emails. She was an absolute sweetheart through and through.

My Mom passed away Sept 4 and I have been pretty scattered since. I haven't had a chance to comb this site for awhile so I guess that's why I am reeling. The verse on the memorial page is the one we had printed on my Mom's memorial cards. Needless to say, I am bawling...again

I feel blessed to have known her and send my condolences to her family, and friends. Sorry this is so scattered, I am sitting here in disbelief.

niecypiecy

I just saw this now as I was on vacation the last week+ and was not on here much - I don't know how I missed this before now but I am soooo sad about this. She was such a sweetie and always had a kind word. I just had a look at her profile and realized that she was still using the icon from the pic I posted that she loved so much. I remember how excited she got over the funky makeup pics I posted. My prayers go out to her family and her sweet little girl *hugs*

hazelinsight

happy belated birthday ciara!!! and i just saw your picture you are so pretty. Always remember that your mommy had a passion for makeup and it was a natural gift. She truely has had an effect on all of us. I hope that you know that if there is anything that you need that all of us are here for you!!!! much love sweetie~~~ Rachel

Christina Victoria

That is so heartbreaking.. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. My sincere sympathy and compassion goes to all of her family and friends.

Colorqueen

I feel sad too. I had not been on in a while so I missed this post for a long time.

I know it has been over a month and it is very old news, but I still wanted to post condolences as well.

We just lost a dear friend this weekend suddenly and it is like a punch in the gut. His wife is left alone and she is a dear sweet person- so giving.

I am so very sorry to hear of Janice's passing even though I only talked with her a few times.

Jan sis

Ciara's Birthday

Hello everyone,
I am Janice's older sister Beth. I try to keep up with the postings & my family and I still cannot get over the outpouring of emotions for my sister! She was truely blessed to have so many friends & this environment to share her talents with!

Ciara is living with our family (I have permanent guardianship), including her "sister"- her words, not mine- our 4½ year old daughter. She is doing well & she had a wonderful birthday! We took her to her favorite restaurant McD, with some friends & had a little party that night & then I followed Jan's wishes & had a party & sleepover for 5-8yr old girls. I know my sister will bless me for many years for doing that!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my family has read & continues to read these posting & it is very much appreciated.
Thanks to you all for enriching her life & know that Ciara is doing really well!
Beth

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabiegurl
This is Janice's long time boyfriend. I created this account to stay in touch with all the wonderful people she loved to be with. Janice will always be mybabiegurl. She was so happy to be part of such a fine community of people who shared her passion for mac.

I finally sat down and went over all the posts. I just want to say thank you for all your kind words. Janice was such a giving person who was always willing to help anyone, even me. Its how we meet over 5yrs ago.
She was the only one I let call me Tommy. I miss her, we all miss her.
I'm deeply touched and I thank you for making Janice feel loved and appreciated for the time she was a member here.
You can reach me at [email protected]
Youre all awesome people!

God Bless,
Tom

My deepest sympathy going out to you and your family (((((hugs and prayers)))))) that you can find a way to find peace during this holiday season. (((((Hugs))))))) I can't imagine your loss.

anniewayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan sis
Hello everyone,
I am Janice's older sister Beth. I try to keep up with the postings & my family and I still cannot get over the outpouring of emotions for my sister! She was truely blessed to have so many friends & this environment to share her talents with!

Ciara is living with our family (I have permanent guardianship), including her "sister"- her words, not mine- our 4½ year old daughter. She is doing well & she had a wonderful birthday! We took her to her favorite restaurant McD, with some friends & had a little party that night & then I followed Jan's wishes & had a party & sleepover for 5-8yr old girls. I know my sister will bless me for many years for doing that!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my family has read & continues to read these posting & it is very much appreciated.
Thanks to you all for enriching her life & know that Ciara is doing really well!
Beth

thanks for letting us know.
I joined the forums recently and never had the chance to chat with janice but i've seen a lot of her old posts around & i always wondered how her daughter was doing since janice had a birthday counter for her in her signature. I'm glad you were able to help her have a happy birthday.