What is this Message from Ebay Loss Prevention Department all about??

abbyquack

Ok, so I got this message from Ebay's Loss Prevention Dept stating the following:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 380008657904

Item Title - 2 BNIB MAC eyeshadows

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: eBay - Page Not Found

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (eBay Security Center: FAQ - Item Not Received Process)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (Accepted Payments Policy).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: Page Not Found - PayPal Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety"

First what does this mean anyways? Obviously they said they couldn't state why the seller was removed, but what do you think it means? Because I was pretty sure these were legit e/s (although who even knows anymore!!) and the seller was really great. Do you think she was stealing MAC products? I know what a Loss Prevention Dept is but why would ebay have one as they can't really have anything stolen! And I got this message like a month after I had received the item.
th_dunno.gif

[/FONT]

Simply Elegant

The seller might have been selling used items or something fake. Maybe they were ripping off other buyers and all sellers of their items got emailed or something, I don't really know.

makeupmadb

Maybe they were taking advantage of discounts or a pro card? And MAC contacted ebay about. I don't know =/ Hope it gets sorted out.

julie150463

Hi

I've no idea either
th_dunno.gif

I can tell you though Ebay are really cracking down on sellers. I've had limitations put on my account - not because I've done anything wrong - but to 'maintain a safe trading environment' as the items I sell are favoured by counterfeiters. It's a real pain in the bum as I've not been able to list a damn thing all day - can't even amend existing listings. I've spoken to other sellers and it's definitely affecting everyone
thmbdn.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Ok, so I got this message from Ebay's Loss Prevention Dept stating the following:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item Number - 380008657904 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item Title - 2 BNIB MAC eyeshadows[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: eBay - Page Not Found [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (eBay Security Center: FAQ - Item Not Received Process)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (Accepted Payments Policy). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: Page Not Found - PayPal Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]eBay Trust & Safety"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]First what does this mean anyways? Obviously they said they couldn't state why the seller was removed, but what do you think it means? Because I was pretty sure these were legit e/s (although who even knows anymore!!) and the seller was really great. Do you think she was stealing MAC products? I know what a Loss Prevention Dept is but why would ebay have one as they can't really have anything stolen! And I got this message like a month after I had received the item.
th_dunno.gif
[/FONT]

Who was the seller?

neezer

Quote:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 380008657904

Item Title - 2 BNIB MAC eyeshadows

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: eBay - Page Not Found

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (eBay Security Center: FAQ - Item Not Received Process)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (Accepted Payments Policy).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: Page Not Found - PayPal Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety"

First what does this mean anyways? Obviously they said they couldn't state why the seller was removed, but what do you think it means? Because I was pretty sure these were legit e/s (although who even knows anymore!!) and the seller was really great. Do you think she was stealing MAC products? I know what a Loss Prevention Dept is but why would ebay have one as they can't really have anything stolen! And I got this message like a month after I had received the item.
th_dunno.gif

[/FONT]

This basicaly means that whoever you recently bought something from probably sold something fake or got caught selling something he/she was not supposed to, so
A) you need to get your money back if you havent received it
B) you need to check and see if it is fake so that you can get your money back
C) if they try to contact you on your regular email and not thru the eBay system (which looks like they wont because they probably got kicked off) then DONT ANSWER and just contact paypal on getting your funds back.

The seller has probably been made NARU - no longer a registered user and it could be for many reasons. Her products may be fine, it might be for non payment of fees, a high percentage of negatives, or a lot of other reasons. The suspension might only be temporary, a friend of mine had her account suspended for a week because she used a company logo in one of her listings and they complained to Ebay. So it doesn't necessarily mean her MAC items are dodgy.

MACATTAK

^^ Agreed with the above. It could be a number of things. I've received one of those emails when I bid on used cosmetics. Ebay takes the listing down & sends those emails to the bidder. Selling used cosmetics is prohibited on Ebay.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Hi

I've no idea either
th_dunno.gif

I can tell you though Ebay are really cracking down on sellers. I've had limitations put on my account - not because I've done anything wrong - but to 'maintain a safe trading environment' as the items I sell are favoured by counterfeiters. It's a real pain in the bum as I've not been able to list a damn thing all day - can't even amend existing listings. I've spoken to other sellers and it's definitely affecting everyone
thmbdn.gif

Its an absolute RIOT that they are restricting you when we have numerous AU sellers selling SAMPLES on ebay - most of which are actually fake!!

Ebay SUCKS when it comes to AU MAC sellers, but they were quick to remove my listing when I removed paypal as an option for local buyers when I listed my daughters shoes
thmbdn.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
Who was the seller?

It was Christy0012, she sold mostly MAC, had a great rating, and I was happy with the product and service.

so the letter is saying i should go about getting my $$ back but the only reason i would want my $$ back is if it was fake which eBay is not really disclosing, and since i already left her positive feedback, there's really no case for me opening a dispute or claim against her, right? and she's not even registered.

i just wanna know why she got kicked off! haha.

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Its an absolute RIOT that they are restricting you when we have numerous AU sellers selling SAMPLES on ebay - most of which are actually fake!!

I noticed the influx of samples too and thought the rules must of been relaxed recently.

Ebay also resritcted the number of listing I can make and I sell NYX cosmetics, a drug store brand !!!

It is getting really annoying considering I see and report sellers like eBay Seller: buyaoting995: Makeup, Beauty, Health items on eBay Australia and ebay does nothing
angry.gif

abbyquack

Ok, so I decided to do the resolution thing on paypal just in case, but they said my item was not covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection, because they don't cover counterfeit items! I don't really care I suppose, but I better be more careful from now on!!

Then it said this:
"Please contact the seller directly to solve this case. We have to debit the reversal amount as well as a 5 EUR processing fee from your PayPal account." Umm What the..? What does this mean too? I am so lost.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Then it said this:
"Please contact the seller directly to solve this case. We have to debit the reversal amount as well as a 5 EUR processing fee from your PayPal account." Umm What the..? What does this mean too? I am so lost.

This is such bullsh!t. It seems like Paypal is money hungry for that "5 EUR processing fee". W.T.F. eBay and Paypal are so screwed up.

neezer

Quote:
Ok, so I decided to do the resolution thing on paypal just in case, but they said my item was not covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection, because they don't cover counterfeit items! I don't really care I suppose, but I better be more careful from now on!!

Then it said this:

i would call paypal and ask them about this..because my friend had a similar situation and she just called and they fixed everything

abbyquack

well they didn't charge me 5 eur yet, and i don't know what this reversal fee would be b/c they're not reversing anything right? and why euros? because i'm pretty sure i don't live in europe.

Divinity

I get these every now and then and it means that the items you bid on from the seller are FAKE and they got caught by eBay selling fake MAC.

ritchieramone

I received a similar e-mail from eBay's Loss Prevention Dept after bidding on a DVD recording of a concert. It stated that the seller had been NARUd and that I was no longer obliged to pay for the item and not to make contact with them as they were under investigation. I assumed that it was a copyright/intellectual property issue but eBay were so slow in contacting me that I had long since paid for, received and left positive feedback for the DVD by the time I got their e-mail. I knew exactly what I was bidding on and was happy with it but if it had been say, a fake item which I believed to be genuine, they certainly would have been weeks too late in intervening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Selling used cosmetics is prohibited on Ebay.

It's not completely prohibited; for some reason, ebay.co.uk allows the sale of used cosmetics whereas ebay.com does not.
th_dunno.gif

meland2lilones

i have purchased from this seller as well..christy0012..about a month ago..i thought she was great..wonder what happened.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
It's not completely prohibited; for some reason, ebay.co.uk allows the sale of used cosmetics whereas ebay.com does not.
th_dunno.gif

ebay.com.au wont allow used cosmetics either. Having said that are always listings for used cosmtics - AU ebay suck I tell you - they are the LAZIEST ebay employees ever.....

LittleDevil

I dont know if you want to do this, but there is a feature on e-bay where you can search for the sellers information, since you have bought something from them. It will give you their phone number and you can call her and work it out if you still want the product. I had to do this once before because someone sold me something and then disappeared but little did they know I got a hold of her phone number and called her and she was speechless. She of course lied and told me a bunch of B.S. so i filed a dispute and got my money back. hope this helps