What was/is your major in college and what is your job now?

juicyaddict

i have a degree in computer engineering from the Philippines. worked as a programmer/analyst there for 3 years and got hired for a job here as a consultant in the US. worked in 2 private companies as a programmer and now i work for the govt doing the same thing. people really are surprised when they learn i am a computer geek, looks are very deceiving. i wear makeup everyday and i am true fashionista, that's according to my 6yr old. it is sometimes tough trying to prove yourself in this male-dominated industry i'm in.

thestarsfall

I am working for my Kinesiology Bachelors degree...and then I am going to work towards getting RMT certification (registered massage therapist). Then, in my longterm dreams, I am going to work at a gym or a salon or something doing either physical training or massage and then take night courses or whatever and get random diplomas and certificates for stuff like makeup and hair styling and aesthetics and nails and whatever and then just kinda do everything.

Or if all else fails I will poke around and see if any piercers wanna take me in as an apprentice haha...

or if my boyfriend suddenly makes it big and gets rich and famous...then I am gonna go back to school for psychology and do something with that...haah

Dark_Phoenix

I'm going to Cambridge University as a finance/economics dual major with a concentration on Middle East and Far East economies. Full ride tuition, my parents are paying for room, board, and other expenses for my duration of college so I have no need for a job until I graduate. It pays to not screw around in secondary school.

I want to be an investment banker... nothing super creative, or artsy. I have a cruel addiction to economics news and watching CNBC. I made a 5 out of 5 on the Macro/Micro economics AP exam and a 5 out of 5 on the Calculus BC AP exam so I think I'm fit for the major. I'm very boring and proffessionaly minded and it's starting to show in my majors choices.

xiahe

currently i'm majoring in nursing but i'm thinking about doing a double major for now (nursing / respiratory therapy) in case one of them doesn't work out. sadly at my school those two programs are highly competitive and the waiting list for the nursing program is terrible...i'm currently on it right now and i'm expected to get in next fall but if i don't then i'll switch to respiratory therapy lol

oh, and i'm working on a nutrition minor as well
smiles.gif

Randy Rose

I'm currently getting a BFA in Musical Theatre. And my job now is . . . being an actor! I'm currently doing some summer stock work.

anaaliyahfan03

im in the same boat...my parents wouldnt let me go to mud in new york because they thought it was pointless..so now i am in college majoring in english and i hate it...but its a degree and it will something for me to fall back on...my passion is makeup, always has been and always will be