whats your favorite moisturizer?

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Did she say why it's the worst lotion? I've been thinking about buying it for a long time 'cause I've only heard good things about it, now I'm not so sure again, heh.

it has something to do with its first ingredient being mineral oil. i dont know i'll ask her for you

afterglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
i have combo skin too where do you get yours at?

I'm not HeartOfSilver, but I do know that you get it from the store, called Lush. Or you can get it through their online store. Their website is just www.lush.com

mel0622

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow
I'm not HeartOfSilver, but I do know that you get it from the store, called Lush. Or you can get it through their online store. Their website is just www.lush.com

oh thanks! i just checked and we dont have a store here.
ssad.gif
i guess i'll just order online tho. thanks again!

jeweleye11

Clinique's SuperDefense for Normal/Dry is my savior.

I HATE HATE HATE Clinique's Dramatically Different Lotion/Gel. It made my face super greasy yet really dry at the same time. Is that even possible? I'm never going back to that again=\

bellaetoile

chanel's precision line. i just started using it daily about two weeks ago, but my face is doing AMAZING with it. i'm using the rinse-off cleansing foam, the oil-controlling lotion (more like a toner), and the age-delay spf15 "rejuvenating" lotion, which is basically a moisturizer. my only drawback was this 3-step program costs upwards of $150 and the bottles are none too big. still, better than anything else i've used and i've used shiseido, lancome, mac, some drugstore brands, paula dorf, clinique, you name it.

Ambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
it has something to do with its first ingredient being mineral oil. i dont know i'll ask her for you

Oo, mineral oils can clog your pores/cause pimples for some people, I've never had that problem with products that contain mineral oils though so I'm gonna try it, thanks :]

fabbyabby

I went to school for esthetics and Clinique was one of two brands my instructor told us never to use. (the other was Neutrogena.) We did a pH test on their toners (all 3) and they were more acidic than some of the exfolliants we used. My instructor actually took off her nail polish with number 3. Their bar soap is highly alkaline and stips your skin. The lotion doesn't do a lot to hydrate. I've heard a lot of great things from La Mer, but you are paying a lot for packaging. (Glass bottles and three separate colors silk-screened on them.) Personally I use Dermalogica (a professional brand sold in salons.) I love this brand. Can't say enough good things. I use two different cleansers and two different moisturizers, a daily exfoliant, and their salicylic acid to control my acne. The other great brand I love is called DDF. It's sold in Sephora and CO Bigelow. They have a wide range of products and you have to know a little about skin care to pick out the right stuff. Oh, my other expensive habit is SK II. Their essence is a miracle toner. It's pricey but worth every last cent.

Latest posts