Who watched The Grammys?

MzzRach

Loved it? Hated it? Couldn't be bothered?

I watch for the musical performances. Loved Lady Gaga and Elton John!

iaisha26

^^^Lol, I had to tell my besties, she didn't even know they were on last night.

I watched, I just couldn't get into it...I kept walking out of the room. I heard that Pink was really good. I'll youtube that today.

MzzRach

Pink was amazing. A similar kind of theatrical thing that she did last year at the VMAs. And that girl can SING!

Boasorte

coudln't be bothered.
I only watch award shows for the performances, but I can't be bothered to sit and watch the same artist win every damn award ( in the grammy's case, Beyonce and Swift)
I'll Youtube it later.
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Pink was amazing. A similar kind of theatrical thing that she did last year at the VMAs. And that girl can SING!

I agree Pink was amazing! Being a fellow Canadian I have to give props to Drake as well. Liked his performance to close the show!! Overall though I found it kind of so so...

I watched it later from the PVR and watched the 3.5 hour show in less than an hour so there was not much that struck my fancy!

Shadowy Lady

yeah the Grammy's were lame this year. I did like Lady Gaga and Elton as well as Pink's performance but besides that not much stood out.

I know everyone's in love with Taylor Swift but I didn't like her performance at all.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
yeah the Grammy's were lame this year. I did like Lady Gaga and Elton as well as Pink's performance but besides that not much stood out.

I know everyone's in love with Taylor Swift but I didn't like her performance at all.

I think Taylor Swift is really over-rated. I have been a country fan for a long time and I hate how she always wins awards in that catogory. I used to be a fan but now her stuff just sounds like pop, which I am really not into.

I liked Lady Gaga's preformance with Elton John, though I also think Gaga is over rated, as well.
Pink was good but I liked the VMAs better.

Ugh i am so picky!
smiles.gif

I did like Bon Jovi's preformance though
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I know that a lot of awards were given and not broadcast. Did GaGa win anything? She should have, IMO.

Ria-xo

I thought Pink was amazing! She has such a beautiful voice and props to her for singing and spinning up in the air at the same time!
thmbup.gif

I also thought Beyonces performance was good, but I didnt get why towards the end of her performance she kneeled on the stage, shaking herself about and started spinning her head around practically making it fall off!
th_confused_new.gif

As for Gaga, I adore her and loved everything about her performance, but Im not a fan of Elton John at all so I didnt really enjoy their duo together.

And lastly, I really enjoyed the Michael Jackson tribute with Usher, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson & Smokey Robinson. I personally thought it was really touching without being too over the top.
smiles.gif

I cant comment on any other performances as I only watched up until the MJ tribute, but I LOVE The Grammys and watched it online with me being from the UK, I didnt want to wait until Tuesday when it airs here as they cut it down and dont show the whole show.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

I'm still trying to figure out why is she a "country" singer???
I like a couple of her songs, but I'd put her in the pop category!

Now Shania Twain, that's my girl!
thmbup.gif

fintia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach

It was great her performance but I was turned off that she used the same outfit
th_confused_new.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
It was great her performance but I was turned off that she used the same outfit
th_confused_new.gif

Her outfit for the VMA's was purple with cut-outs....the Grammy's was white with major cut outs.

Unless she performed twice?

1165Cheryl

I tuned in once and it was the beginning of MJ's tribute which I thought was great. I liked the way they had his voice mixed with theirs. There isnt anyone who could sound like him and thats one of my favorite songs...I think they did a great job with it. It's too bad it was recorded in 3D since people at home didnt have the 3d glass's.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I tuned in once and it was the beginning of MJ's tribute which I thought was great. I liked the way they had his voice mixed with theirs. There isnt anyone who could sound like him and thats one of my favorite songs...I think they did a great job with it. It's too bad it was recorded in 3D since people at home didnt have the 3d glass's.

The plan was for you to get the glasses at certain venues. Basically any where that you could have gotten the THIS IS IT DVD. I saw them at Target.

reesesilverstar

I thought it was lame... Gaga and Elton were cool. Pink's performance was deja vu for me, but still appreciated it. Besides that I found it quite blah...

Modmom

Anyone else think that the Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks performance was painful to watch? LOL I'm a huge Nicks fan, and I thought Swift doing 'Rheanna' (sorry about spelling) was good, but poor Nicks doing Taylor's 'You belong to me' ..... hahahahaha. She didn't exactly look comfortable doing the teenie bopper song. I felt for her.

Did anyone notice Beyonce almost fall during her performance when she rolled her ankle coming down the stairs?? That would have been a nasty one.