Why a seperate forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

The forum will be reappearing, but administration is still in discussion on what changes need to be made so that this subject does not affect it again in the future.

Indigowaters

Thanks
clap.gif
And thank you to everyone for their understanding and patience.
greengrin.gif

PigmentJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Regarding racism: racism can't end until people stop looking for racist motivations where there are none.

I thanked your post, but I just have to post that I couldn't agree more with this statement. IMO, this one sentence sums up the entire issue perfectly.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
As an aside, let me tell this story. Last week I printed out “Playing around with color placement“ Juneplum posted 8-27-06 and made up my eyes “using the same colors” she used! When I met my girlfriend/co-worker for lunch, she couldn’t stop complimenting me on my eyes. Although we are both engineers, the look was very professional on me. [She begged me to swatch her!] How sad and what a pity --- here we still get excited about make-up at our ages because we found someone who looked like us who has the beauty and make-up ideas we’re looking for.

Thank you for letting me have my say…..

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how humbled and flattered that you chose a look I did... This means so much to me. More than you will ever know.. Thank you SO much..

antirazor

I agree that it shouldn't be seen as negative. I was glad when I saw it, because all of the threads addressing dark-skinned cosmetic issues <b>do</b> get buried. and anyone who thinks that mac usage is fairly universal should try using ricepaper as a neutral/skintone shade on someone who is NC45.

Eemaan

my goodness, im really sorry, my original post was *never* intended to be inflammatory and the term racist never occured to me when posting. it was just a question on why this sub forum had been born really. it wasnt a challenge or a criticism it was a rationale i wanted, and thank you i have that now.
if there is a demand for a forum like this, then please let it stay.

ebonyannette

^ I know right?

I like the separate section only because its easier to find. Honestly there are alot of topic discussions on certain colors that just dont really apply to me. I love all of Specktra.net its not to say that I will "only go to that section" but its like why not? To deny that there is a difference in cosmetics lines when it comes to darker skin tones is false. Its not to offend lighter skinned people and its not to say that lighter skinned people cant read/post in the thread.

There is only reallu one thread right now devoted to people with darker skin tones, and that includes everyone in my opinion. Indian,Asian, White, Black in all honesty there are certain issues that people with darker skin tones have to deal with.

I know you guys didnt mean for it to turn out into this huge discussion but I personally like the section because its easy to get to, if I want an eyeshadow rec I can easily find it instead of searching to make sure it hasnt already been posted, and then post it and wait for a day or two for someone to catch it. I dont think it will turn into a "dark peoples club" we all skim through and post in all the sections anyways.

Thats JMO, I like it, I dont think its segregation Im sorry if it offends anyone, I dont see why it would. I think the general concensious is for it.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Those sub-sections don't potentially (based on member perception) have racist connotations. :/

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Well...I guess it's back to searching
ssad.gif

Totally.. I haven't been on for a few days, and this was a shitty first post to read. I see what you are getting at with those other sub-forums, and I think that shows just how absurd the initial post was. Us Westerners understand that those countries have different needs, as we darker women/men do.
Dang...

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Those sub-sections don't potentially (based on member perception) have racist connotations. :/

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Neither did the other sub-forum. But I loved your feedback Shimmer.

Shimmer

many thanks
smiles.gif
I'm glad the members of the site seem to support the idea of subforums that address specific needs.
smiles.gif

Janice

Forum is live again, thank you for your patience and understanding while we sorted the issue out.
th_hug.gif

Dreamergirl3

Awesome! I love that it's up. As a Latina, I tan VERY easily, and I also get paper white easily depending on the season (my bf calls me "chameleon") Come summer I get so dark, yet in the winter I'm nearly as light as snow! It's also very useful for women who love to fake tan (myself included). The colors that would normally look great on me in the winter look ashed out with a deep tan! Now I know where I'll be goin' when summer starts up again
smiles.gif

dacostas4

I agree this is sad and I hope the forum comes back. I am a latina and also have unique needs as well. I found it very helpful! I did not even get a chance to post yet!! :-( Please bring it back :) Thanks so much!

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Can we have a separate forum for Women of Non-Colour for us fair skinned gals?

lmao.gif
graucho.gif

rofl.gif
Clear Women... hehehe.
lmao.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.