WOC: Brunette Blonde Redhead

Sweexy985

not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but did anyone pick up All's Fair l/s? It's a blonde l/s, but I like the color and thought it would compliment my lips.

Blushbaby

Well I still love my Brunette MSF! I've been teaming it with a number of my blushes and am loving the look it's giving me. I don't have any other product that's similar to it in colour so the purchase was worthwhile for me.

TISH1124

^^ I agree it is better worn over another blush...The texture is so much better than So Ceylon that is what makes it worthwhile for me

wifey806

i should have tried Brunette on my face instead of just my hand. You've got me wondering when u mention "better texture than So Ceylon".

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Well I still love my Brunette MSF! I've been teaming it with a number of my blushes and am loving the look it's giving me. I don't have any other product that's similar to it in colour so the purchase was worthwhile for me.

I really have to agree..I like it on me esp after building it up..and highlighted it with Nars albatross...very pretty....

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I've only worn the MSFs once (when it was applied by the MA at the store), and it was just on foundation/bare face. (It was the end of the day, and I'd probably wiped the majority of my makeup off. The woes of oily skin.
ssad.gif
) I purchased Gold Desposit, and it looked great on me. I'm NW50 as well. I'll try it the way you do and report back though.

The MSFs didn't make me look ashy. Then again, I have very red undertones and oily skin so it's hard for anything to look ashy on me.
th_LMAO.gif
The Redhead and Blonde didn't seem vibrant enough to show up on my chocolatiness so I just tried Brunette and Gold Deposit.

By the way, you are so pretty! Do you have an album or something where I can see your different makeup looks?

Thank you very much!
amuse.gif
I don't have an album for makeup....maybe when I get a better camera...

We may be skin twins
lol.gif
My skin is also very oily, even with Studio Fix liquid, I can only go a few hours before the shine comes through
th_dunno.gif

Definitely try the MSF w/ the blush, I used my Brunette w/ a blush that is slighty darker than my Sweet As Cocoa, gave me a nice glow. I will definitely be keeping it!

wifey806

is anyone using the smudgey brush? What kind of look does it give? (sorry, dumb question, i know! but i want something to use under my lower lashes with e/s)

TISH1124

^^ I love the 214...it is so soft and creates the best smudge ever!! It is soft yet precise....I am glad this one is perm....I am sure I will buy another one later

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I don't know...try putting some conditioner on it and letting it sit on there for a few mins before rinsing it out

Thanks Tish, I was gonna post the exact same problem. I will try your conditioner thing tonight
smiles.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweexy985
not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but did anyone pick up All's Fair l/s? It's a blonde l/s, but I like the color and thought it would compliment my lips.

i did. it's a beautiful raspberry color. i love it.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
Thank you very much!
amuse.gif
I don't have an album for makeup....maybe when I get a better camera...

We may be skin twins
lol.gif
My skin is also very oily, even with Studio Fix liquid, I can only go a few hours before the shine comes through
th_dunno.gif

Definitely try the MSF w/ the blush, I used my Brunette w/ a blush that is slighty darker than my Sweet As Cocoa, gave me a nice glow. I will definitely be keeping it!

It does sound like we're skin twins.
th_DANCE.gif

I just wish I could find some tutorials by NW50s.
ssad.gif

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I agree...Brunette is not my favorite MSF by any means ...love the other two...But Brunette is a can live without for real

So yeah, I exchanged my Brunette for Redhead and I love it! Unlike anything I own, its beautiful. This is the first MSF I've ever purchased, now I need to pick some more!

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
is anyone using the smudgey brush? What kind of look does it give? (sorry, dumb question, i know! but i want something to use under my lower lashes with e/s)

The 214 is my favourite of the 3 brushes... have used it everyday since I got it for smudging/smoking out my eyeliner. It's firm and dense but it's the softness that makes it magic

babycoconut

th_dunno.gif
I went to the MAC store today and...*gasp* I didn't like anything from the line. But I am looking forward to the HK line...yeah I'll save up for that instead.

ExquizitDiva

Well, I didn't get everything... I only got the MSFs.... but I plan to get 100 Strokes, Henna, Flip, & Top Knot after watching a few WOC YT tuts.

sdtjefferson

I picked up only Brunette MSF at first. I went back for an eyeshadow and got French Cuff and immediatly took it back. It was too close to Expensive pink on my skin and I had to work too hard to get any to stay on my eye. I got Flip instead. It is so pretty. I may get Soft Wave later but I'm trying to stay away from the LE stuff and start getting more things from the permanent line.

OT - I saw one of the CreamSheen Lipglasses (or whatever they are called) at my MAC counter today. It was called Fashion Scoop. GORGEOUS soft pink. I can't wait for that!

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806

I wanted to add ...

I'd say the 214 smudgey brush is not really one of those basic essential eye brushes but it's definitely a super awesome specialty brush (ie. for smudging lower eyeline) especially if you like to do that technique a lot