WOC: Brunette Blonde Redhead

Blkbderfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake123
Blkbdrfly, love your haul video, lucky you. I think tomorrow may be my haul day.

Michmom, I noticed Femme Fi looks like Brule so that probably might look like Shroom too. I don't get to MAC often so I can't really tell for sure. You like Brunette MSF best? Does it show up red when on?

Tish, how'd you like Redhead MSF? Someone told me it turned mauve on them and I was hoping for more peachy tone. Does that happen to you or is she totally off or possibly talking about Blonde MSF?

I want the glow from within look. I want it to look natural but not too obvious and not mauve either, hehe.

Any swatches wearing it on?

Thank you Cupcake!
th_DANCE.gif

LuvinMyMAC

I added Redhead to my BBR collection. I really like the sheen effect and not so much glitter as some of the other MSFs. Alright ya'll, after this no Mac for a while. (Praying that I don't get the urge to buy the brushes!)

cupcake123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyMAC
I added Redhead to my BBR collection. I really like the sheen effect and not so much glitter as some of the other MSFs. Alright ya'll, after this no Mac for a while. (Praying that I don't get the urge to buy the brushes!)

:whispering: buy the brushes, buy the brushes
sneaky.gif

TISH1124

Quote:

Not buying the brushes
shockt.gif
Huh?? the 226
th_dunno.gif
Leaving the best brush ever
nope.gif

wonderdust

I'm really looking forward to this collection coming out in the UK. I'm so jealous hearing about all your purchases. This will be my first MAC haul as I'm a very recent convert into the world of MAC and makeup in general. I've already booked an extra night shift to cover the cost
lol.gif

My list of wants is

Redhead MSF
Blonde MSF
Brunette MSF

Marquise D L/S
B. Babe L/S

Soft wave L/G
Red Devil L/G
Live and Dye L/G
Peroxide L/G

214 Brush
226 Brush
214 Brush

Pincurl E/S
Flip E/S
Henna E/S
Knight E/S
Deep Shade E/S
100 Strokes E/S

Better get working to pay for this lot!!!!!!!!!

LuvinMyMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake123
:whispering: buy the brushes, buy the brushes
sneaky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Not buying the brushes
shockt.gif
Huh?? the 226
th_dunno.gif
Leaving the best brush ever
nope.gif

Ya'll are sssoo not helping! I can't lie though, I've stalked the hell outta that 226 brush since last week. I'll walk by the counter slowly and stare at it, pick it up, pass my finger through the hairs and brush it on my hand just to see how it feels. (I know I'm not the only one who does this
graucho.gif
) Then I put it down, hold on to my pretzel even tighter, walk away fast and ignore its call for me to come back and buy it.
lol.gif

How do you ladies like the 214?

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Ya'll are sssoo not helping! I can't lie though, I've stalked the hell outta that 226 brush since last week. I'll walk by the counter slowly and stare at it, pick it up, pass my finger through the hairs and brush it on my hand just to see how it feels. (I know I'm not the only one who does this
graucho.gif
) Then I put it down, hold on to my pretzel even tighter, walk away fast and ignore its call for me to come back and buy it.
lol.gif

How do you ladies like the 214?

Are you having an erotic intercourse with the 226 brush??!! LOL

LuvinMyMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Are you having an erotic intercourse with the 226 brush??!! LOL

If lovin that brush is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!!!! (In my best Arsenio Hall voice from Coming to America)
lmao.gif

Nothing erotic, just a severe case of the stalks.

MACa6325xi

Whew!! I haven't bought any MAC in a minute or posted on Specktra. I did buy the Brunette MSF, 100 Strokes, and the 226 and 214 brushes. I really like the Brunette MSF, but the 100 Strokes shadow and the brushes were less than impressive. I thought the shadow would be more pigmented. I also think that my NYX and Sonia Kashuk brushes are just as good as the 226 and 214. They are both "nice" brushes but to me they are not essential. In these hard economic times I would definitely check out the Sonia Kashuk brushes and NYX brushes.

TISH1124

LuvinMyMac

I love the 214 and the 226 ...and I swear the 165 is sweet as well..so I am of no help...But at least the 214 is perm so you can get that one anytime.....But stop molesting the 226 and buy the dang thing

berryjuicy

I finally got the chance to see this collection in person this weekend. I thought Top Notch and 100 strokes were pretty. The only thing I have is Brunette MSF from maccosmetics.com, but it doesn't seem too special so I'll be sending that back. I do want the 226 and possibly the two e/s mentioned earlier. I wanted to love the MSF so badly!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
I ended up getting the 226 after all.....does anyone else notice that it feels a little scratchy on the skin?

did you wash it first? A lot of MAC brushes feel that way initially...but they recommend you wash them prior to using it...

I am so over depottig for awhile...LOL but I wanted the B-Babe and Quick Tease so I depotted last night and picked those up today and another Chill snowscene l/g ....I Love B-Babe....Thanks to Erin....

HeavenLeiBlu

Well, I finally went to go play with this collection yesterday and as I expected, nothing really did it for me. I only got the (226? the crease/blending) brush and a brow set. The brow set is going back this weekend :-/

Prototype83

Quote:
did you wash it first? A lot of MAC brushes feel that way initially...but they recommend you wash them prior to using it...

I am so over depottig for awhile...LOL but I wanted the B-Babe and Quick Tease so I depotted last night and picked those up today and another Chill snowscene l/g ....I Love B-Babe....Thanks to Erin....

Yes, it's been washed. I also noticed that the MA's brush was scratchy as well. Maybe it's just me
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
Yes, it's been washed. I also noticed that the MA was scratchy as well. Maybe it's just me
th_dunno.gif

I don't know...try putting some conditioner on it and letting it sit on there for a few mins before rinsing it out

Prototype83

Quote:
I don't know...try putting some conditioner on it and letting it sit on there for a few mins before rinsing it out

Thanks! I'll try this when I get home
greengrin.gif

UPDATE: Thanks again TISH...the conditioner did work and I now love the brush!

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmoon
I was really suprised by how much I liked this collection and by how many items I purchased. I don't think I've gotten this many items since Cult of Cherry.

Haul #1:Flip e/s, Chignon l/s, Quicktease, Strawberry Blonde, and Red Devil l/g, and Blonde MSF.

For some reason the MA was trying to sell me on only Brunette items then I had to tell him I could wear what I wanted hair color really isn't a big deal. Afterwards he agreed with me but still didn't think I should even look at the Redhead MSF so I didn't. When I got home I realized I forgot to get Peroxide l/g so I went back for it another day.

Haul #2: Peroxide l/g, Marquise D' l/s, Brunette MSF & 226 brush. I tried the Redhead MSF but I didn't like it.

I agree with you that Brunette is pretty blah I was right to skip it the first time but seeing swatches and hearing the raves made me go back for it. I'm better off with a back up of Blonde MSF. Also go get Peroxide it really is beautiful as you can see I had to go back for it.

I'm still on the fence about whether I want to get Henna...I LOVE the name and I don't have Sumptuous Olive so I'm considering it. We'll see. The rest of the e/s were definitely a pass for me though. Also I'm not sure if I should keep Marquise D' I didn't feel it looked all that special on. I have way too much makeup to keep items I don't love or that aren't unique.

Okay, Im glad its not just me. I have been going back and forth ever since I got this MSF! I just dont love it. Its too dark, and I tried to convince myself I'd just wear it in the summer when I darken u, but yeah...I think its going back.