WOC: Sugarsweet

LatinaRose

That promo pic sucks!! Why couldn't they make her look hot?? Instead of a makeup what not to do.

Anyway, I want St Germain and probably an MSF. I'm trying to limit my makeup purchases until I get my boobs and I'm rather bored with MAC anyways. So if I do buy makeup up until I get them, I'm trying not to buy more freaking MAC. And those glosses are gross!!! No sophistication whatsoever, I am not that into gimmicky shit.

MissResha

man what the fudge is wrong with MAC!

the promo pic.

um, homegirl looks constipated as all heck. that wig. ok i know what they're TRYING to do, with the stark color contrasts. she's got gorgeous brown skin and they're trying to show how bright the colors are. i get that.

but why the hell does she have to look like Aunt Esther??

ugh.

that said, i'm only curious about the shadesticks. the rest of that stuff looks like hot garbage. pass.

makeba

Man i was a bit disturbed about the promo pic for this collection!!! there are so many underlying images in the pic its hard to see something positive. i think i might pass on this collection

jilliandanica

Perfect topping MSF and a few of the shadesticks look promising. The tricolor lipglasses look cheap and gross. Reminds me of the kiddy stuff they sell at claires or the 99cent store!

MissResha

yea i'm not feelin the glosses at ALL. they look like a 3rd graders art project. but they also remind me of the ones VS came out with. i dunno, i guess cosmetic lines are gonna start doing that 3tone/shade lipgloss stuff. wack.

im still mad at her Aunt Esther wig though..

TISH1124

^^^ Even Aunt Esther would not wear a green ass wig...sorry you fish eyed fool
th_LMAO.gif

MAChostage

lmao.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Even Aunt Esther would not wear a green ass wig...sorry you fish eyed fool
th_LMAO.gif

perfecttenn

This collection is really exciting to me. I don't know if its the fun names of the products or the promo images. The lipglasses look especially interesting, and that MSF w/ the purple in it looks great for the summer. I know I'll definitely be getting some products from this collection.

NLoveW630

I think the promo is fitting for the colleciton....MAC is not about trying to make fun of wowen of color..She's a CUPCAKE..the green wig is the frost on the cupcake and the rest of her look is the cupcake...that's why it's called Sugarsweet..I think if this look was done on a white model, there would not have been any talk..I think her black skin is flawless and lovely..Look beyond what you see and take in the beauty of our color..that sista is rocking that HOT BRIGHT Lipstick...

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLoveW630
I think the promo is fitting for the colleciton....MAC is not about trying to make fun of wowen of color..She's a CUPCAKE..the green wig the frost and the rest of her is the cupcake...that's why it's called Sugarsweet..I this look was done on a white model, there wouldn't been any talk..I think her black skin is flawless and lovely..Look beyond what you see and take in the beauty of our color..that sista is rocking that HOT BRIGHT Lipstick...

Thank you.

TISH1124

I can see the cupcake theory .....But she looks butt ugly in that lipstick IMO ... She is not rocking it by any means by my 20/20.. I have also purged any green frosting that looks like this from my diet...My hips will be thankful.

seriously
SugarsweetPromo.jpg

DirtyPlum

I am not feeling this collection at all... I saw most of the products at Update and its all too pastelly and light to look comlimentary and well blended on anyone over nc/nw 40 IMO.

The msfs were too light as were the lipsticsk. Also, dazzleglass did nothing for me so the new glosses are meh.

The promo picture would have been bearable, had they not put saint germain on her lips with what looks like cork lipliner. odd.
oh and if she looked more happy and cutesy...

My fave mac visual model has still gotta be the WOC from Barbie loves MAC. she is lush
barbie-loves-mac.jpg

sdtjefferson

I honestly feel that the model in the Barbie promo pics is your typical mainstream idealized version of beauty. Yes, her make up is hot, but even the colors she is wearing could be be considered hard to pull off on on someone who is nw45, 50 and etc. I feel that the model in the Sugarsweet pic was chosen because of her skin tone. What better way to show off true color than on a high contrast back ground? That's what she provides for the colors applied. I love Scandalous Beauty's video on the Heatherette lippies because she starts out wearing Fleshpot. We know this lipstick is a hot mess alone but she worked to suit her. And that's what ANY woman wanting to wear the products from the collection would do.

Ange1

Personally, I think the promo pic looks high fashion and different. I'm not offended. I'm thinking of getting Triple Yum l/g and Lemon Chiffons shadestick.
Nothing else seems must buy.

MrsPackMan

you've gotta be kidding me?????!!!! this is all mac could come up with???
angry.gif
this is riduculous looking. how is that promoting the products???

TISH1124

^^ I agree with that...because there is no way in Sam Hell that picture correctly reflects any products in this line..at least I pray not anyway...But I like the Lash N Dash....it was really a pretty photo...nope the lashes were not like that...but the photo was awesome... and it looks like adlersmommy :smile:

lashanddash.jpg

SugarsweetPromo.jpg

Nope this one doesn't compare....so fuggly

How about looks like this even on a darker skinned model.....Chanel Iman (High Fashion Crazy but nice)
chanel.jpg