WOC: Sugarsweet

Yasuzeyalose

I am SO excited about this collection. The visual is inspired around a cupcake..hence to dramatized coloring. I cannot wait! Kinda reminds me of Sweetie Cake collection from a few years ago, but I am sooo excited!!
mac_haul.gif

hello_my_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I can see the cupcake theory .....But she looks butt ugly in that lipstick IMO ... She is not rocking it by any means by my 20/20.. I have also purged any green frosting that looks like this from my diet...My hips will be thankful.

seriously
SugarsweetPromo.jpg

youre right, nothing says cupcake to me here. when i first saw the promo pic, i thought "oh my". but i think the reason why this collection isnt so spectacular is because it's a prom collection. thats the theory my MACMA told me. gotta love Daria!

iadoremac

I like this collection but not looking forward/anticipating it and i only plan on picking up 1 msf,1 l/s and 1l/g.
As for the promo pic well i guess you can say its creative!

Ladyvirtuous

Okay ladies, I just saw pics on a favorite blogger of mine (this site won't allow me to type the name) but she got the pics from Bjooti.com.

Here are the pics:

ETA: Check out Tish's post...it didn't work for me.

Okay so ladies, what's your verdict so far?

I can't front, I like the Simply Delicious lipgloss.

sinergy

o great here we go again, with me wanting everything i cant afford right now!
lol.gif

i want a few shadesticks, especially the red one, one review i read somewhere said they seem to be creamier than the old formula, and that a few of them are very similar to older ones also. i want the eyeshadows because i do not have any of those, believe it or not, and of course i want one msf..and the lipsticks! def. want st. germain and lollipop lovin...

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtjefferson
I honestly feel that the model in the Barbie promo pics is your typical mainstream idealized version of beauty. Yes, her make up is hot, but even the colors she is wearing could be be considered hard to pull off on on someone who is nw45, 50 and etc. I feel that the model in the Sugarsweet pic was chosen because of her skin tone. What better way to show off true color than on a high contrast back ground? That's what she provides for the colors applied. I love Scandalous Beauty's video on the Heatherette lippies because she starts out wearing Fleshpot. We know this lipstick is a hot mess alone but she worked to suit her. And that's what ANY woman wanting to wear the products from the collection would do.

I understand what you are saying and agree to some extent. But, I think the main difference in the Barbie visual and the Sugar Sweet one is the overall look. Barbie was very stylized. The makeup was bold but it looked good. It made you think, "I can wear that." I don't get anything like a, "I can wear that" vibe from Sugar Sweet. The woman in the promo looks like a clown. It's the very definition of making a color work for you (Barbie) versus blindly applying a color with no regard for what it will take to make it look good on you (Sugar Sweet). The whole thing just looks sloppy.

TISH1124

and if she didn't have on the crop picker pajamas...Maybe ... The entire look is unappealing to me...Hair, lips, eyeshadow, facial expression and attire..Not to mention her neck looks like she hasn't eaten in about 3 weeks

laguayaca

^^^ haha so true! I can't wait for MSFs ooh I don't know much of this collection yet but Im here to join the fun!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
and if she didn't have on the crop picker pajamas...Maybe ... The entire look is unappealing to me...Hair, lips, eyeshadow, facial expression and attire..Not to mention her neck looks like she hasn't eaten in about 3 weeks

LOL...right! I love the way you phrase things.

As for the collection itself I think I'll pass. I have like 19 shadesticks and don't need these. The MSFs look like they will be ashy. The glosses look like they will be too sheer and overpriced.

TISH1124

yeah I am leaning mainly towards the Lavender MSF and the Red Shadestick...only because these are colors I don't have

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
LOL...right! I love the way you phrase things.

As for the collection itself I think I'll pass. I have like 19 shadesticks and don't need these. The MSFs look like they will be ashy. The glosses look like they will be too sheer and overpriced.

I think the glosses will be too sheer as well.

I said in the big Sugar Sweet thread that the only thing I would get is the shadesticks, but I looked at them again in the swatch thread and thought "Naw...that's ight!" I have a hard time working with them applying them to my lid, and I'm not going to spend time warming it up between my hands, no ma'am! Not worth it.

Now if this collection had some paint pots to replace the shadesticks, then we're talking!!!

aziajs

I actully wouldn't mind the shadesticks if the colors were more interesting or unique. When I looked at the swatches they were similar to the shadesticks I already had. I love to see some with more of a pearl finish or metallic finish instead of a frosted or shimmery one. I also would love to see one that looked like Cornflower pigment or something similar to blue brown. Maybe some duochrome shadesticks. I have lots of ideas.

TISH1124

Yeah I like the shadesticks too....But different colors would be great....even some of the paint pot colors in a stick would be great! I think that is why the Red is the only one on my list...The only one remotely different from everything else they make....I think you need to submit your ideas...they are obvioulsy running out of them