MAC - Sugar Sweet Discussion

michthr

helllloo everyone

so i was able to go to my store today and they had the collection released!

here are my thoughts..nothing really blew me away... all the colours were pretty but nothing was a MUST have (good for my wallet
smiles.gif
)

the shadesticks were really creamy and i did like butternutty, so i might go back for that one, but the other ones didnt really stand out to me as i dont really use shadesticks for bases.

the tri coloured lipglosses didnt appeal b/c they were all really sheer and not worth the money here

the eyeshadows didnt appeal to me either! (i think that something is wrong with me :S ) sugarshot looked like another highlighter, dear cupcake (which i thought i was going to get) i didnt b/c i dont think that it would be a colour that i will wear that often, i have club and stars and rockets is permantent so i can get it later and aquavert is very similar in colour to a colour that i have in the smashbox artists muse palette (if i didnt have that palette though, i would have proabably gotten aquavert as it did have awsome payoff!)

the lipsticks, i passed on as i have LL already, St germain i would NEVER wear even though the colour is HOT! Bubbles i might look at again only becasue it seems so unique and i can layer stuff over it... and i honestly cant remember what the other colour are , so that should tell you guys something haha

the msf's are the only things that i got... i love them! they are not at all glittery more frosty IMO. i can wear refined as a blush (im NC30) b/c i made sure to get one with alot of dark veining and perfect topping is gorgeous! again, i made sure to get one with LOTS of purple in it!!
smiles.gif
so its a perfect highligher.

okay it think taht is everything.. and the nailpolishes i wasnt really interesed in either.

hope this helps!

clslvr6spd

Well, I haven't had a enough time in the past few days to play catch-up here!

But, this collection is LOVE for me!

I got all the shadesticks, except for Penny. Cakeshop is my new friend!! They are all DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Cupcake, Aquavert & Sugarshot. They are all great, TBH. But, Aquavert is the only OMG e/s. HG status there!
Passed on the lipglass....
I did get Bubbles & Lollipop Loving. It seems a wee bit brighter than the previous one.
I got both of the MSF's.....& WOW, I love how smooth they are. I love the coloring, perfect I say!

mac_haul.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I still don't have Soft and Gentle.
icon_eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
shockt.gif
Is right!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i have an extra one from gratis that i don't need.
winkiss.gif

I have Soft & Gentle but don't use it very often. It is not my first choice if I want to wear a MSF
winks.gif

RayannaBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by starberry28
Here's what Refined & Perfect Topping look like on my skin at least. I think Refined is a bit peachier IRL but the lighting in my room plays tricks on me so I could be wrong...

8191d1237437465-mac-sugarsweet-swatches-mar-09-msf.jpg

Now I want Perfect Topping.

starberry28

Go for it!! I think Perfect Topping is going to make a sweet highlighter. I'm going to try it out tomorrow over Tickle me pink cream color base
yahoo.gif
Talk about a shot of spring!!

romi79_2008

Moxy I`m NC 20 too and Soft&gentle it`s the last msf I choose if I`m using one, I`m using it because I paid for it, lol. Too glittery

starberry28

Ok here is my quick swatch comparison between the lightest stripe in Blonde MSF and Perfect Topping

Attachment 8192

Left: Blonde Right: Perfect Topping swirled

I think they are pretty close, but blonde is a tad bit lighter than perfect topping. Also, blonde seems a tiny bit cooler in tone than perfect topping. It could just be the particular swirls I hit or the flash washing everything out but hopefully that helped someone! I still think Perfect Topping is pretty enough to be a justified buy!
th_LMAO.gif
(<--That's pretty my wallet laughing at me for thinking I need the same color in different "shades")

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by starberry28
Ok here is my quick swatch comparison between the lightest stripe in Blonde MSF and Perfect Topping

Attachment 8192

Left: Blonde Right: Perfect Topping swirled

I think they are pretty close, but blonde is a tad bit lighter than perfect topping. Also, blonde seems a tiny bit cooler in tone than perfect topping. It could just be the particular swirls I hit or the flash washing everything out but hopefully that helped someone! I still think Perfect Topping is pretty enough to be a justified buy!
th_LMAO.gif
(<--That's pretty my wallet laughing at me for thinking I need the same color in different "shades")

Woah. Perfect Topping seems rather pink... I was hoping to use it as a neutral highlighter but hmm... May have to rethink that.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
Did anyone get sugarshot? Any comment on it a must or just keep it moving.

I love sugarshot! Maybe I have not made that clear yet!
winks.gif

Today I am wearing sugarshot all over the lid, with satin taupe in the crease, mylar on the brow bone, and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero. Even my Dad said (and I quote), "I like what you did with your eye shadowy things." So it must have looked good!
lol.gif

I picked my stuff up at the Nordstrom counter today. I ended up with sugarshot, Refined, & Perfect Topping. I limited myself to the things that I knew that I would actually use. I am proud of myself but I still am kind of lemming bubbles, sweet thing, and lemon chiffon.

I am glad that everyone is enjoying their sugarsweet stuff!!
smiles.gif

staceykath

I didn't get a chance to read all 130+ pages so I'm sorry if my question has been asked and answered. Are refined and perfect topping diferrent enough from soft and gentle to get both?

Soft and Gentle is the only MSF I have as they had none of the BBR in stock when I made my first MAC purchase when HK was released. Gold deposit was too much for me. I was considering So Ceylon and still am but I'm wanting these two new ones.

Any advice, or comparisons from those who have all of the above. I don't use MAC foundation but I use Bare Minerals Fairly Light right now, and darker in the summer. I'm more warm toned than cool if that helps.

I'm also probably going to get Aquavert and Lollypop Loving since these seem to be the most original, not as easily duped, LE colors, and ones I would use.

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

michthr

^ i think that it really depends on if there is a lot of the purple veining in your msf... there were some that i saw that had very little purple veining and it was definitly not as pink as ones that had more purple.. if that makes any sense....

starberry28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Woah. Perfect Topping seems rather pink... I was hoping to use it as a neutral highlighter but hmm... May have to rethink that.

Mine has a lot of dark veining in it which I think makes it pinker than it could be..I swatched the lighter swirls on my hand just now and it looks more like a cream color with a hint of pink. I guess it's the luck of the draw on what you end up with when it comes to these swirly MSFs..I guess if you are only looking for a pinky color like the one I swatched before and you have Blonde msf then you can skip this one!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I love sugarshot! Maybe I have not made that clear yet!
winks.gif

Today I am wearing sugarshot all over the lid, with satin taupe in the crease, mylar on the brow bone, and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero. Even my Dad said (and I quote), "I like what you did with your eye shadowy things." So it must have looked good!
lol.gif

I picked my stuff up at the Nordstrom counter today. I ended up with sugarshot, Refined, & Perfect Topping. I limited myself to the things that I knew that I would actually use. I am proud of myself but I still am kind of lemming bubbles, sweet thing, and lemon chiffon.

I am glad that everyone is enjoying their sugarsweet stuff!!
smiles.gif

Not yet
winks.gif

Enjoy yours!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Not yet
winks.gif

Enjoy yours!

Sorry Susanne and everyone else that has not gotten Sugarsweet yet! I feel like a giant jerk for forgetting that not everyone has the collection at the same time!
ssad.gif

pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Patty! Be strong, only get what you don't have. Say no to the backups!

Adina thinks its a bad sign when Patty starts talking about herself in the third person.

Patty thinks that you and ALMOST everyone is right with LL. No more backups for me.
smiles.gif

Patty also thinks that talking in the third person is only necessary when she is confused about things. :p hhah

(at least with this collection
tong.gif
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Patty, unless you use LL consistently on a weekly basis, don't bother with a back-up. As for Bubbles, try it over a liner, i bet it'll look pretty over Cream O' Spice.

hmm... cream o' spice?! I think I shall try.. I'm kinda excited to see what magic I can work with using Bubbles! thanks for the tip
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^^^HAHAHAHA - Patty - I love her, she is so cute & funny!
tong.gif

aw mama elegant. You made me smile after saying that...

I had a crappy day and the BF wasn't being nice.
ssad.gif

Thanks a lot
smiles.gif

My "to take off list" consist of LL and Sweet Thing... other than that.. I'm going crazy hah

spectrolite

I ordered:

Refined MSF
Perfect Topping MSF - Sif I could resist buying both lol.
Red Velvet shadestick
Cakeshop shadesick
Aquvert e/s
Dear Cupcake e/s
Sugarshot e/s
Tasty Lipglass
Sweet Thing lipstick

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!
yahoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
th_roll1.gif
<-- me rolling around in all my MAC like Scrooge McDuck rolls in his money!

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246

It is not pink at all in person, very neutral.

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceykath
I didn't get a chance to read all 130+ pages so I'm sorry if my question has been asked and answered. Are refined and perfect topping diferrent enough from soft and gentle to get both?

Soft and Gentle is the only MSF I have as they had none of the BBR in stock when I made my first MAC purchase when HK was released. Gold deposit was too much for me. I was considering So Ceylon and still am but I'm wanting these two new ones.

Any advice, or comparisons from those who have all of the above. I don't use MAC foundation but I use Bare Minerals Fairly Light right now, and darker in the summer. I'm more warm toned than cool if that helps.

I'm also probably going to get Aquavert and Lollypop Loving since these seem to be the most original, not as easily duped, LE colors, and ones I would use.

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

Hi Stacy,

I think Perfect topping and refined are so different then any of those you have mentioned above, especially if you do not have the BBR ones. These are most comparable to bbr as they are very sheeny and not glittery or frosty. I have been loving refined and using it as an all over powder, that SLIGHTLY warms me up!

Gold deposit....talk about a glitter bomb
blinks.gif
I have no idea why I bought that one
th_wallbash.gif
ANyone have this and like it? What can I use this for???