What do you use for cleansing...down there...?

SagMaria

This is a woman only question!!! What do you use for down there hygiene? I know there is a wash specifically formulated for the down there womanly spot (Lots of other words but I figure this is the best!) and I have used just regular cleanser to cleanse this area but I find it irritates me and dries me out. I hope this question isn't too personal but I am desperatley looking for something gentle enough with I guess the right PH, what do you women use?

:confused:
hmm.gif

ccarp001

just regular soap! the "special cleansers" can remove too much of the 'good' bacteria your body needs and make your problem worse! a regular hand soap or maybe a moisturizing one would be best imo. HTH lol

eastsidesunset

Cetaphil body wash. It's super gentle and won't cause any irritation. I mostly love the fact that target has a knock off, and I can get it for cheap. Stay away from cleansers specifically formulated for that (such as Summer's Eve), as they can cause infection and whatnot, and just aren't necessary.

ETA: regular soap is too drying. use nonsoap based cleansers.

liquidstar

I agree with the above posters...I took a Sex Biology class a few years ago and the professor(who was an gyno dr.) said that all you really needed was warm water...lol I didn't take his advice...I just use my regular body wash, never had any issues..lol

~Coco~

My Gyno said to use just Dove soap, original formula. Never antibacterial formula because it also takes away the good bacteria....ewww.

I have always done that and never had any issues. I also blow dry down there after a shower and apply cornstarch....umm have I crossed a line now with TMI?!!
hmm.gif
Sorry!

angi

'Simple' unscented refreshing shower gel is very good as it does not have any soap in it, it is moisturising, and is great for sensitive skin. I'm not sure if its just a UK thing though.

SagMaria

LOL!!
lmao.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Coco~
My Gyno said to use just Dove soap, original formula. Never antibacterial formula because it also takes away the good bacteria....ewww.

I have always done that and never had any issues. I also blow dry down there after a shower and apply cornstarch....umm have I crossed a line now with TMI?!!
hmm.gif
Sorry!

SagMaria

What brand?
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
'Simple' unscented refreshing shower gel is very good as it does not have any soap in it, it is moisturising, and is great for sensitive skin. I'm not sure if its just a UK thing though.

mallory

Whatever you do don't use Ivory soap. It irritates the heck out of my nether parts. I am always using different soaps like lush, villainess, etc. and some of those also irritate me. I'm going to try sensitive skin dove thanks to the advice in this thread.
clap.gif

dmenchi

i read a lot about different products and i feel that cetaphil or even walmart brand is the best. no fragrance and no irritating cleansing ingredients + u can use it as a shower gel( i don't- because it doesn't foam) or face wash( in the mornings without make-up) . also going from liquid showergel/special soap to bar soap is even worse for your skin!!!

Cinammonkisses

Quote:
I also blow dry down there after a shower

Quite alright, but I must say a girl using a blowdryer down there is a first. Make sure you hold the nozzle far enough away! Yowza!!!!
weeping.gif

dmenchi

Quote:

hmm.gif
Sorry!

actually that's healthier than having "high humidity" down there and also helps when you get waxed on a regular basis...helps to protect from skin irritation
smiles.gif