What do you use for cleansing...down there...?

SparklingWaves

One last point, on the stink thing. When I worked in a hospital, I could literally walk in a room with a woman patient and could tell she needed a douche. She was bathed and obviously didn't have sex in the hospital. Her crotch literally stunk up the room. I would have to call the doctor and tell him, I can take the stench anymore. The woman didn't have an infection either. That thing gets nasty and needs a cleaning peps. I don't care what those things say. Let them work in a hospital with the stench of the female crotch. ((throwing up))

Staceypie0616

Soap and water- Olay creme ribbons- outside only of course. I shave pretty often down there so I need something moisturizing. Still working on getting laser hair removal-need a few more treatments... Never wash internally and pat dry. If you get sweaty down there shower am and pm to prevent yeast or infections.

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
For the ladies who don't make their man use condoms, there is an nasty smell to their semen too. You can clean on the outside, but there is that bad nasty smell still there that will linger.

I think if there is a "nasty smell" to semen, there's something wrong with the guy's diet. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think semen has to smell bad, and (I know this is going to sound bad
graucho.gif
) all of the semen I've encountered smells fine. And same goes for the vagina... I don't ever douche and mine doesn't smell bad. If you keep the outside clean, the mucus produced will clean the inside pretty quickly by moving whatever was inside to the outside. I would be more inclined to question sanitary practices, diet, and health issues (ie STDs or bacterial infections) before I go assuming that all vaginas are nasty and smell, and need to be douched in order to be remotely attractive. While I agree with you that I could never be gay (vaginas scare me!), if I were I'd be a lot more creeped out by going down on someone and smelling fruity freshness then smelling, well, vagina. I think most people expect vaginas to smell like vaginas.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
I think if there is a "nasty smell" to semen, there's something wrong with the guy's diet. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think semen has to smell bad, and (I know this is going to sound bad
graucho.gif
) all of the semen I've encountered smells fine. And same goes for the vagina... I don't ever douche and mine doesn't smell bad. If you keep the outside clean, the mucus produced will clean the inside pretty quickly by moving whatever was inside to the outside. I would be more inclined to question sanitary practices, diet, and health issues (ie STDs or bacterial infections) before I go assuming that all vaginas are nasty and smell, and need to be douched in order to be remotely attractive. While I agree with you that I could never be gay (vaginas scare me!), if I were I'd be a lot more creeped out by going down on someone and smelling fruity freshness then smelling, well, vagina. I think most people expect vaginas to smell like vaginas.

Actually, semen does smell. It doesn't smell too bad when it's "fresh" so to speak, but the day after, take a good wiff of a used condom and you will be gagging. It's actually semen that smells like a rotting fish, not women's vaginas. So, I can definitely understand why some women want to really clean well down there, if they are on the pill and not using condoms. The smell from less-than-fresh semen does tend to linger.

But I've found soap, water and a good scrub down there on the outside works fine. The showerhead method using only water is effective as well for some women to get rid of the semen smell from inside.

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Actually, semen does smell. It doesn't smell too bad when it's "fresh" so to speak, but the day after, take a good wiff of a used condom and you will be gagging. It's actually semen that smells like a rotting fish, not women's vaginas. So, I can definitely understand why some women want to really clean well down there, if they are on the pill and not using condoms. The smell from less-than-fresh semen does tend to linger.

But I've found soap, water and a good scrub down there on the outside works fine. The showerhead method using only water is effective as well for some women to get rid of the semen smell from inside.

I was under the impression that we were talking about "fresh" semen (although that phrasing makes me giggle a bit
lol.gif
). I second your cleaning method, it's what I've always done and I've never actually encountered this day after smell, so I guess it works.

Indigowaters

Off topic: I use that too! For some reason it reminds me of Atlanta. Yes, I associate smells with places, lol.
lmao.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels823
I use my normal bodywash (Oil of Olay w/ Shea Butter). Then I apply cocoa butter to the outer areas to keep it from being dry. No probs so far......

Indigowaters

I'm surprised no one else said this before. I use the same thing around "that time" lol. I tried to use soap as a kid down there and would always burn myself, so I knew I needed something a little less abrasive as I got older.
lmao.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by janwa09
I use Summer's Eve for sensitive skin.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Off topic: I use that too! For some reason it reminds me of Atlanta. Yes, I associate smells with places, lol.
lmao.gif

Just had to add that I was using that body wash for awhile. And I associate smells with places, seasons, people, etc.

Anyways guys, I have used everything down there. When I was little I used whatever was in the shower, and I used to spray perfume and stuff down there (how dumb and pointless that was...but c'mon I was like 7 or 8)

Ever since I was like 16 and started being somewhat sexually active...I started being very careful. I would use body wash and never have a problem. Then I started the Summers Eve wash, which didn't do anything.

Now I've been using bar soap (zest) and my new gynecologist just informed me that I should get Dove or Aveeno unscented white bar soap. and that washing your underwear with dyed and fragranced detergents (including fabric softener) is also horrible for your vaginal health.

Good to know...
smiles.gif