Alima Mineral Makeup

SagMaria

Has anyone tried this line?
hmm.gif

jenii

Yeah, they're great! I love the foundation (for reference, I'm an NW20 and I'm a C2 in Alima's shades), and though it's a bit expensive, it's worth it. Really lovely texture. And don't get me started on the blushes! Dianthus must be one of the prettiest blushes I've ever used.

I also tried Guava blush, and that was cute, but Dianthus was the amazing color.

I haven't tried any of their eyeshadows yet, but I had a sample of their Illuminating Shimmer Powder in Amrita (unfortunately, got discontinued before I could get a damn full-sized jar!), and it was beautiful. I'm sure their other shades are just as nice. I want to try Luna next.

user79

I just got their samples in the mail, and yep, I have found my HG mineral foundation.

I've tried BE and Everyday Minerals and Alima is so much better than either. BE irritates my face bc of the bismuth, and EM is just so chalky and unnatural looking and none of the shades really matched me from my sample kit.

I've found a good match with Alima, their colour rage is really good and their sample pictures are quite accurate to the actual product. The samples are not free, but it's worth it to get a few different ones because the nuance differences can be quite subtle. The yellow toned shades are quite yellow, I think they are geared more towards Asian ladies, so that might be a thing to keep in mind if you're caucasian.

The consistency is really great, it's very finely milled and it looks really great on. The only thing is that they only have 1 finish for their foundation, which is a satin matte. I wish they'd make a semi-matte finish, but I don't mind because this product is so excellent!!

Definitely worth trying out, you won't be disappointed! I got it because of the great reviews Alima gets on makeupalley.com, and I'm glad I tried it.

I'm an N-1 (Chiffon) in Alima.

Winthrop44

Alima is great. I have uber sensitive skin and have been using it for about a year now. Love it! I'm an NC15 in MAC and I wear N1 in Alima, although I could also wear W1 or a mix of the 2. The brushes are also excellent for sensitive skin -- the selection is pretty limited, but it's supposed to be expanding. Their shipping time is amazingly fast too!

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I just got their samples in the mail, and yep, I have found my HG mineral foundation.

I've tried BE and Everyday Minerals and Alima is so much better than either. BE irritates my face bc of the bismuth, and EM is just so chalky and unnatural looking and none of the shades really matched me from my sample kit.

I've found a good match with Alima, their colour rage is really good and their sample pictures are quite accurate to the actual product. The samples are not free, but it's worth it to get a few different ones because the nuance differences can be quite subtle. The yellow toned shades are quite yellow, I think they are geared more towards Asian ladies, so that might be a thing to keep in mind if you're caucasian.

The consistency is really great, it's very finely milled and it looks really great on. The only thing is that they only have 1 finish for their foundation, which is a satin matte. I wish they'd make a semi-matte finish, but I don't mind because this product is so excellent!!

Definitely worth trying out, you won't be disappointed! I got it because of the great reviews Alima gets on makeupalley.com, and I'm glad I tried it.

Thanks very much for this review, I'll definitely check this brand out as I'm trying to find some mineral foundation too!
But where did you see the other reviews on Makeupalley, I can't find them. I tried to search by brand but it's not referenced
hmm.gif

Makeuplovingal

This would be my HG foundation but it made me itch something terrible and break out!! I thought it was because of the high titanium dioxide in it. However, I'm thinking it is the mica because I can use Youngblood (my HG now, thanks so Shawna here on the boards) which has bismuth and a high amount of titanium dioxide.

Alima is worth a try because it does have great coverage and is a nice foundation, but it didn't work for my sensitive skin!
weeping.gif

You can find reviews on Makeup Alley by just typing "alima" in the search for area. It is under the brand "unlisted brand" BTW.

HTH!

--Lori

SagMaria

Thanks for the review! Is the finish VERY matte or a natural looking matte? What is your skin type? Mine is combo leaning towards being oily and I have been wanting to try this line since you mentioned it! Does it do well with pores, mine aren't exactly small so I don't want anything to accentuate them? Is the coverage good while still looking natural? Have you tried their blushes or eyeshadows? I'm lemming their spring box, the colours look so pretty, have you or anyone else tried these colous?

hmm.gif
:confused:
hmm.gif

Quote:

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuplovingal
This would be my HG foundation but it made me itch something terrible and break out!! I thought it was because of the high titanium dioxide in it. However, I'm thinking it is the mica because I can use Youngblood (my HG now, thanks so Shawna here on the boards) which has bismuth and a high amount of titanium dioxide.

Alima is worth a try because it does have great coverage and is a nice foundation, but it didn't work for my sensitive skin!
weeping.gif

You can find reviews on Makeup Alley by just typing "alima" in the search for area. It is under the brand "unlisted brand" BTW.

HTH!

--Lori

Thanks a lot, I've found them
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagMaria
Thanks for the review! Is the finish VERY matte or a natural looking matte? What is your skin type? Mine is combo leaning towards being oily and I have been wanting to try this line since you mentioned it! Does it do well with pores, mine aren't exactly small so I don't want anything to accentuate them? Is the coverage good while still looking natural? Have you tried their blushes or eyeshadows? I'm lemming their spring box, the colours look so pretty, have you or anyone else tried these colous?

hmm.gif
:confused:
hmm.gif

Well, to me it is matte but it's not like a chalkey super powdery matte, so I think it looks good. I sometimes put a dusting of Shimpagne MSF or this Illuminizing powder I have from Estee Lauder on top to get it a bit more shimmery, but to me it looks really natural. The coverage I'd say is light to medium coverage, although I think it's buildable....

I don't have large pores so I can't say anything about that, but I do have some broken capillaries on my face and it does a good job of covering those up and evening out red patches on my skin.

I was sent a free sample of one of their blushes but I didn't like the colour they sent me at all, but I didn't order samples of any of their blushes or eyeshadows myself because I wasn't interested in them. I prefer pressed blushes and eyeshadows.

hnich

Going to try this now...BE looked 'sweaty' on me, and EM had perfect colour match, but noticing now that I'm looking a bit chalky on bad days...

SagMaria

Just curious, what sample colour of blush did you order? Because I ordered some and I hope the colour if I did order it will work for me as we are equally as fair...

Quote:
Well, to me it is matte but it's not like a chalkey super powdery matte, so I think it looks good. I sometimes put a dusting of Shimpagne MSF or this Illuminizing powder I have from Estee Lauder on top to get it a bit more shimmery, but to me it looks really natural. The coverage I'd say is light to medium coverage, although I think it's buildable....

I don't have large pores so I can't say anything about that, but I do have some broken capillaries on my face and it does a good job of covering those up and evening out red patches on my skin.

I was sent a free sample of one of their blushes but I didn't like the colour they sent me at all, but I didn't order samples of any of their blushes or eyeshadows myself because I wasn't interested in them. I prefer pressed blushes and eyeshadows.

SagMaria

A RAVE for Alima

I got my package so quick and their customer service is A++++. All their products I ordered were awesome and they responded to any inquiries I had promptly. HIGHLY recommend ordering from this great, small company!!!
thmbup.gif

lil_kismet

I just ordered a bunch of samples, but I am terrible/inexperienced at colour matching.

Are there any MAC NC25-30 ladies who use Alima in here? Which Alima shades would you recommend?

lil_kismet

Alima foundation colour recommendations?

Hi! I'm MAC NC25-30, light-skinned asian, with yellow (I think?) undertones.

Which shade(s) would you recommend I try?

Winthrop44

Re: Alima foundation colour recommendations?

I am an NC15, light-skinned Caucasion with yellow undertones and I wear N1, although I can also wear W1 or a mix of the 2, if that gives you a starting point. You might also try writing to them thru the web site for suggestions, and if you can include your picture that would probably be a big help.

rosiean86

The website says that they're out of brushes...does anyone have any idea when they're going to get any in? I really wanted to try out their foundation brush...=(

~Crystal~

Re: A RAVE for Alima

Oh wow... I just have to second that. I ordered samples perhaps on the Wednesday of last week..? Then we had the easter long weekend (good friday, easter sat, easter sun, easter monday), and I got my package on Tuesday?
And it was an overseas shipment to Australia?

Frankly, I was amazed
smiles.gif