Alima Mineral Makeup

~Crystal~

Re: Alima foundation colour recommendations?

I'd say to go for a mixture of W2/3... maybe even 4? and N2/3. I'm asian too, and I thought the 'Golden' ones might work... but eek! Steer clear of those ones... unless you really are well... yellow. as in... -->
cutey.gif
this kind of yellow!!

chrissuen

Re: Alima foundation colour recommendations?

I'm an NC20, Asian(Chinese to be exact), and I wear N2. W1 is slightly too pale and yellow for me, and W2 is too dark and yellow (wonder if this actually makes any sense lol)

Basically, the warm tones of Alima are quite yellow, so you may want to order both N and W shades to try on. And yes, stay away from the golden ones!!! lol

sheila73

Re: A RAVE for Alima

I love everything I've gotten from Alima. I reach for my Alima colors more than my BE colors. The eye colors are so easy to blend and very wearable.

How are their eyecolors compared to other mineral makeup brands?
Heard alot of raves on the foundation but very few comments on the eyecolor :confused:

Winthrop44

I'm a raver about the foundation and the reason you won't hear me talk about the eye colors is that I prefer pressed eyeshadows. I don't do MAC pigments either. If you're interested in loose eye colors give the Alima ones a try; the samples are cheap.

eunicecheng

Alima or Meow Cosmetics?

I recently ordered samples from this two brands and I've found great matches from both of them. I'm new to mmu and I can't really feel the different between them. Can anyone please advise which brand is better to go for beginners? Thanks!

lil_kismet

Re: Alima or Meow Cosmetics?

It's really a matter of personal preference. How about experimenting by applying the Alima powder to 1/2 of your face and the other 1/2 of your face with the Meow powder? (be sure to give your brush a quick cleanse with a tissue/cotton pad lightly saturated with brush cleanser between applications to ensure you aren't mixing the 2 powders). It's a great way to directly compare the two and figure out which powder suits your skin best.

I've never used Meow makeup but I do use Alima. Before that, I used Bare Escentuals.

Use one brand several days in a row. Do you see any increased dryness or does your skin seem oilier than usual? Are you having an problems with breakouts? How long until you need to do a little touch up? How long will the makeup last without any touch-ups?

Then do the same with the second brand. Use each four or more days in a row to see how your skin reacts.

I loved Bare Escentuals compared with liquid foundations I was using. But compared to Alima, the BE left me oilier, didn't wear as well and it oxidized on me.

eunicecheng

thanks everyone ^^

I've tried both and I think I'll stick with Alima - Meow is too dry on me

eunicecheng

Alima foundation shade help. Thanks!

I'm Prescriptives B/R *slightly lighter than* Level 1 and GA LSF *slightly lighter than* #2, I've tried Alima foundatino in C-0 and C-1 and I couldn't decide between them. Both seems to look more natural on me than the other one under different lighting, which one do you think I should go for in this case? Or a mix of C-0 and C-1?

Thanks!

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I just got their samples in the mail, and yep, I have found my HG mineral foundation.

Did you wait longer to receive your samples? Is it like Fyrinnae, less than 2 weeks?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
Did you wait longer to receive your samples? Is it like Fyrinnae, less than 2 weeks?

It was really fast, probably faster than Fyrinnae.

lil_kismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza

I recently made a 2nd order for some full-sized items and both times my package arrived 2 days after making my purchase!

SagMaria

Grrrr!!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Okay, this is one of the reasons why I loved this company, you can order tons of samples to try out .... Now this from their most recent newsletter:

"Ordering Samples

As of May 4th we're limiting sample purchases to 4 samples per color per order. Samples are time consuming to create and stock, and we find that it's necessary to cut back a bit in order to keep up with increasing order volume. Many thanks for your understanding!"

I really hope Alima doesn't start raising prices of their products and cutting back on their wonderful customer service because they're growing as a cosmetics company. This statement in their newest newsletter really irked me. Anyone else agree?

Oh, and one other thing, how annoying is it, if you want 12 samples and you have to pay THREE DIFFERENT TIMES for shipping because of Alima's new rule. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please voice your dissapointment to Alima if you don't like this and hopefully they will change it. I already sent them a letter saying that this flawed their perfect track record.

Winthrop44

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but doesn't "4 samples per color per order" mean 4 samples of N1 foundation, or 4 samples of Wedgewood eyeshadow, for instance? Why would anyone want to buy more than 4 samples of any 1 color of anything?

user79

Yeah that's a bit confusing, I think they mean if you order more than 4 of each sample...but that doesn't make sense either. I don't see anything written on their website.

Winthrop44

I wrote to Kate after I saw this today and she wrote back already. My understanding was correct. I think the new policy is perfectly reasonable and am not disappointed at all. Here's what she said:

"We had to put this policy in place because we have been receiving huge group orders from overseas with 12 or more samples of various colors - 12 Apple Blossom Samples, 12 Honey Rose Samples etc. They cost a fortune to mail and take forever to fill.

We didn't want to say only one sample per color, because some people get an extra or 2 for friends and family, but we have to cap it at 4 per color. Of course we still want people to be able to try all of the samples that interest them."