Alima Mineral Makeup

nTrain

Booo. Down with EDM! Do you like your MAC brushes better than the Alima buff brush for applying blush?

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTrain
Do you like your MAC brushes better than the Alima buff brush for applying blush?

For sheerer blushes, Alima's buff brush is great because it deposits a bit more color than a MAC brush would. The head's also smaller, so I feel like I have a bit more control over where color goes on my cheeks.

But, all in all, both Alima and MAC brushes are equally useful to me.

greentwig

I want to try this.

Q: Do any of you use this over you put this powder over your MAC foundation?

I wear NC 20.

Esperanza

I got my Alima's order on Thursday but I wasn't at home until yesterday... I finally tested my foundation samples this morning and I really like the finish and the shades (I've made a mix between Satin N2 and Pongee N3) although I think I'll need to put some loose powder on top of it.
I've got combination skin that tends to become a bit oily and I find that with the Alima foundation, my skin has a tendency to shine a bit more than when I'm not wearing anything. I know that I probably don't have the right brush to apply the mineral texture (I'm using the little pink brush made by Guerlain for the Meteorites) or maybe I've put too much foundation on, I don't know... this is the first time I use a mineral brand and maybe I have to improve my application technique!!
I had some free samples too (the illuminating shimmer powder and 2 e/s) but they come in small bags that are definitely not convenient at all!!

Winthrop44

Try a kabuki or the Alima 25 brush. It does take a little practice too!

Has anybody else noticed that the colors on the Alima web site have changed? Maybe it's my monitor but everything looks darker to me and more off vs real life than before. I'm not on there alot but I first noticed this weekend.

Esperanza

You're right, that's weird... It's the same with my computer & my bf's
th_dunno.gif

SagMaria

Seeing as ALIMA'S eyeshadows are on sale right now and their shadows haven't been discussed much in thid thread does anyone have any recs and/or favorites? I actually ordered the summer set, has anyone ordered it too?
smiles.gif

martygreene

To me they look more accurate. Before the level 1 and 0 shades LOOKED like they would work for me, but in real life were much darker.

Now it looks right.

suijuris

Re: eyeshadows. I got a few samples recently and I have got to say they are brilliant. Really finely milled and more pigmented than EM eyeshadows, and the shimmer is actually shimmer, not chunky glitter. My favourites so far are Grace (it's a lilac-taupe shade, not a bronzed plum as described on their website), Chai (a champagney taupe with a hint of peach), Taupe (a kind of warm champagne brown), and Black Orchid (a deep shimmery burgundy which looks amazing foiled).

Oh, and I know their eyeliners aren't on sale, but I got a sample of Nightingale (dark navy) matte eyeliner for free and it's just gorgeous. I never thought I could wear blues on my eyes because my eyes ARE blue, but it looks really nice for day or night and it's very easy to apply (I am a total klutz at applying eyeliner).

dirtyMartini

Hey guys I just want to warn anybody before buying shades "Lily: C-0" in the matte foundation, and "Porcelain" in concealer. These two are literally PAPER-WHITE! So just make sure you get samples before you buy.

I have a bad habit of always picking the lightest shade because most foundations look too dark on me.. Well, not this one, and I already ordered the full size stuff
ssad.gif
So, learn from my mistakes..
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhorgan
Q: I'm a NC20.....if you are also which Alima powder do u use?

TIA! =D

I'm NC15 with yellow undertones and wear N1. I would recommend you test samples in N1, N2, (maybe N3?), W1 and W2. Most people consider the W shades to be very yellow, but I can wear W1 and lots of people mix shades. Some NC wearers have also ended up with Olive shade O-0, which is not on the web site. If you want to test that one give Alima a call or order a different sample and write in your request in the Notes section during checkout. HTH!
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyMartini
Hey guys I just want to warn anybody before buying shades "Lily: C-0" in the matte foundation, and "Porcelain" in concealer. These two are literally PAPER-WHITE! So just make sure you get samples before you buy.

I have a bad habit of always picking the lightest shade because most foundations look too dark on me.. Well, not this one, and I already ordered the full size stuff
ssad.gif
So, learn from my mistakes..
smiles.gif

If you have not opened the products, meaning you have not removed the seal over the sifters, you *might* try calling Alima and asking very nicely if she will consider exchanging for you. I doubt it because that's why she offers samples, but it might be worth a try. Good luck!

greentwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm NC15 with yellow undertones and wear N1. I would recommend you test samples in N1, N2, (maybe N3?), W1 and W2. Most people consider the W shades to be very yellow, but I can wear W1 and lots of people mix shades. Some NC wearers have also ended up with Olive shade O-0, which is not on the web site. If you want to test that one give Alima a call or order a different sample and write in your request in the Notes section during checkout. HTH!
smiles.gif

Thanks Very much =D

nTrain

Does anyone have any idea when she'll be getting the foundation brush? I've been seeing this brush in my dreams!

Winthrop44

I think that's anyone's guess since they're in the midst of switching brush suppliers. I am anxious for the new skunk brush they're working on as well.