All Things Sephora

Starlight77

They took it down! I did see it up there before, if you type in summer to the top search bar, it is one of the options listed. But it disappears when you click through.

If somebody here added it to their wishlist, they can probably provide you with a link?
yeah i see it in the drop down but it disappears. BOOOO!!! (better for me it's gone) lol

kimibos

huh its gone. But i was skipping it since i already have that DL polish. i wished they had added some of the new DL shades in both sets. i have both girls just want to have fun and mermaid dream full size

Starlight77

P.S. I like your Frozen quote at the low buy thread
I DID!!!! I got 2 boxes and one on way. I had free shipping codes for the first 2 but this last one i spent over $50. i am not rouge but i did renew my VIB already this year (for me that was super fast).
which new lipsticks? i see 2-3 new colors but they were there yesterday too, are there more new? i see the BB cream ones i want to try"tawny" but i'm gonna wait a bit. Just saw the lash stash and i'm considering it. i wanted to buy the too faced one and glad i waited... for $25 i can try all those, than still get a full size.

i want to try cava but i'm thinking it may be too light. i received bouquet today LOVE IT!!! it's close to fig but more pink. can't wait for pepper!!

Bcteagirl

Thanks, I was thinking there would be no point in trying for Rouge if it was just for this year. I really just want it for the free shipping!
If anybody ordered it, they should let us know if they get it, or just an empty mysterious black box
WTF2.gif

I was thinking the same, but it is for all of the next year. So if you qualify during VIB in November it is good through the whole next year.

BrknFlwr85

I DID!!!! I got 2 boxes and one on way. I had free shipping codes for the first 2 but this last one i spent over $50. i am not rouge but i did renew my VIB already this year (for me that was super fast).
which new lipsticks? i see 2-3 new colors but they were there yesterday too, are there more new? i see the BB cream ones i want to try"tawny" but i'm gonna wait a bit. Just saw the lash stash and i'm considering it. i wanted to buy the too faced one and glad i waited... for $25 i can try all those, than still get a full size.

i want to try cava but i'm thinking it may be too light. i received bouquet today LOVE IT!!! it's close to fig but more pink. can't wait for pepper!!
If you are interested in cava, I highly recommend trying it in person first if you can. I got that one in a nudes set and gave it away to my sister, but I still have it in the lip library palette that came out a year or so ago. The lilac beige description is accurate, but the lilac turns into a grayish color that makes me look really ill. I am all about the nudes and can wear pretty light shades without looking awful, but cava just did not work for me at all. I think it is a unique shade with the hint of lilac and I really wish it would have worked for me. My sister doesn't have as strong of a yellow undertone as me and she is just slightly fairer, so it ended up being a perfect nude for her.

Starlight77

If you are interested in cava, I highly recommend trying it in person first if you can. I got that one in a nudes set and gave it away to my sister, but I still have it in the lip library palette that came out a year or so ago. The lilac beige description is accurate, but the lilac turns into a grayish color that makes me look really ill. I am all about the nudes and can wear pretty light shades without looking awful, but cava just did not work for me at all. I think it is a unique shade with the hint of lilac and I really wish it would have worked for me. My sister doesn't have as strong of a yellow undertone as me and she is just slightly fairer, so it ended up being a perfect nude for her.
yes i saw them all in person and forgot which was what. I know retsina would make me look dead. i swatched a whole bunch but they have a few different ones in my sephora than online. they also all seem to say rosey or pink yet they are so extremely different in swatches. i'm yellow toned so cava was probably one of the bad choices for me. i liked shiraz but i have too many in that shade. normally i don't buy so many of one brand but this stays on my lips for a super long time and passes the full cup of coffee test. did you notice how some look entirely different in the tube than how they swatch? one i remember was vigne, it looked like a pretty warm rose/berry and swatches hot pink

walkingdead

[@]starlight77[/@] I just ordered Centifolia for now. I had Damask in my basket but took it out. I didn't open my packages yet. I'll open it tomorrow after work to start off my 4 day weekend!! The lipsticks I got were: Bite Beauty: Pepper (for Modern Family fans-this lipstick always reminds me of Nathan Lane's character - Pepper LOL!!) Bite Beauty; lip balm in watermelon Too Faced Melt lipstick in Nude

PeachTwist

UPDATE:

Sephora package arrived.

A couple things:

Bite Beauty Lip Cream's wands look very weird to me. I know they're a lipstick, but pulling them out of the tube they look.. dry.

Secondly, Crush looks absolutely nothing to me like it does on T. It looks to be a completely different coral than I thought which kinda bugs me as the colour on her lips is the one I wanted and due to my low-buy I'm not buying Toying Around from Playland.

OCC Skin Conceal really is unbelievably pigmented and I can't imagine anyone ever using up a whole one.

The Sephora "Escape To Rio" lipsticks - I think Sephora sent me one of the wrong ones. Maybe, I'm not sure.

I ordered "Coral" and "Fuschia" and they only had the choice of the 4, the colours which can be seen in @PixieDancer's photos but the names don't correlate from the tubes to online. We assumed I'd gotten Flamingo and Hot Bikini as "Orange" (which we presumed was Samba) was sold out online.

Well in my package.. I got Samba and Flamingo. The thing is, when you look on the Sephora website, Fuschia looks more purple. Not pink. So I'm thinking they sent me a different one - though god knows which is wrong! I assume Flamingo.

I'll have to call them but because I'm an international customer I highly doubt they'll ship me out the correct item.

Bright side: I'm happy with the colour of Bordeaux Lip Cream swatched, though I'll have to test it on my lips to be sure. Musk is pretty, but I'm not sold on it being a must-have for me until I lip swatch. Shall have to see.

novocainedreams

UPDATE:

Sephora package arrived.

A couple things:

Bite Beauty Lip Cream's wands look very weird to me. I know they're a lipstick, but pulling them out of the tube they look.. dry.

Secondly, Crush looks absolutely nothing to me like it does on T. It looks to be a completely different coral than I thought which kinda bugs me as the colour on her lips is the one I wanted and due to my low-buy I'm not buying Toying Around from Playland.

OCC Skin Conceal really is unbelievably pigmented and I can't imagine anyone ever using up a whole one.

The Sephora "Escape To Rio" lipsticks - I think Sephora sent me one of the wrong ones. Maybe, I'm not sure.

I ordered "Coral" and "Fuschia" and they only had the choice of the 4, the colours which can be seen in @PixieDancer's photos but the names don't correlate from the tubes to online. We assumed I'd gotten Flamingo and Hot Bikini as "Orange" (which we presumed was Samba) was sold out online.

Well in my package.. I got Samba and Flamingo. The thing is, when you look on the Sephora website, Fuschia looks more purple. Not pink. So I'm thinking they sent me a different one - though god knows which is wrong! I assume Flamingo.

I'll have to call them but because I'm an international customer I highly doubt they'll ship me out the correct item.

Bright side: I'm happy with the colour of Bordeaux Lip Cream swatched, though I'll have to test it on my lips to be sure. Musk is pretty, but I'm not sold on it being a must-have for me until I lip swatch. Shall have to see.
It's so hard for me to trust T.'s swatches sometimes, her lips have so much more pigmentation than mine.
th_dunno.gif

PeachTwist

UPDATE:

Sephora package arrived.

A couple things:

It's so hard for me to trust T.'s swatches sometimes, her lips have so much more pigmentation than mine.
th_dunno.gif
I think part of it has to do with her lighting. I'm certain it washes some of the colour out. Crush is MUCH more of a deep reddish coral than it seems. Even her hand swatch is completely off to me. ( http://www.temptalia.com/bite-beauty-crush-cashmere-lip-cream-review-photos-swatches ) I'll try to take a photo of the swatch on my hand if I can manage to hold my DSLR with one hand but to me it's an entirely different colour which I admit has really left me disappointed as I wanted it to be similar to Toying Around by MAC so I could skip it.. now I have to force myself to stay strong and skip it even though Crush isn't the colour I wanted it to be.

novocainedreams

I think part of it has to do with her lighting. I'm certain it washes some of the colour out. Crush is MUCH more of a deep reddish coral than it seems. Even her hand swatch is completely off to me. ( http://www.temptalia.com/bite-beauty-crush-cashmere-lip-cream-review-photos-swatches ) I'll try to take a photo of the swatch on my hand if I can manage to hold my DSLR with one hand but to me it's an entirely different colour which I admit has really left me disappointed as I wanted it to be similar to Toying Around by MAC so I could skip it.. now I have to force myself to stay strong and skip it even though Crush isn't the colour I wanted it to be.
Ugh that is such a bummer. Please do take a picture if you can, I was really liking the color of that as well, would like to see what it looks like. You're right though, looking at her swatches they seem almost identical. I find a lot of the time her dupes don't end up being dupes to me. :-/

PeachTwist

Ugh that is such a bummer. Please do take a picture if you can, I was really liking the color of that as well, would like to see what it looks like. You're right though, looking at her swatches they seem almost identical. I find a lot of the time her dupes don't end up being dupes to me. :-/

The middle "pink" one is Crush by Bite. Left is Flamingo by Sephora. Right is Samba by Sephora. Dark colour is Bordeaux by Bite.

I took as many pics as I could. The first one is indoors, the other two are outside in slight over cast and as much sun as I could get my arm under, lol. Hopefully you'll be able to see that looking directly on, it's much darker than it is on her swatches. I'd love to know how she has her photos come out as washed out as they do. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate her work - but it's so misleading and I'm so disappointed by what's happened. I like the colour, but it isn't the colour I wanted it to be. Just glad I like it otherwise it would be $28 down the drain and I'm international so returning it wouldn't be worth the money.

novocainedreams

The middle "pink" one is Crush by Bite. Left is Flamingo by Sephora. Right is Samba by Sephora. Dark colour is Bordeaux by Bite.

I took as many pics as I could. The first one is indoors, the other two are outside in slight over cast and as much sun as I could get my arm under, lol. Hopefully you'll be able to see that looking directly on, it's much darker than it is on her swatches. I'd love to know how she has her photos come out as washed out as they do. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate her work - but it's so misleading and I'm so disappointed by what's happened. I like the colour, but it isn't the colour I wanted it to be. Just glad I like it otherwise it would be $28 down the drain and I'm international so returning it wouldn't be worth the money.
Bordeaux is beautiful. I agree, Crush doesn't look like the color she swatched, it seems much darker. I really like Flamingo and Samba though.

PeachTwist

Quote: Originally Posted by novocainedreams

Bordeaux is beautiful. I agree, Crush doesn't look like the color she swatched, it seems much darker. I really like Flamingo and Samba though.

It really is beautiful. I just hope it's the colour I want it to be on my lips.

So glad you agree Crush looks darker, I thought maybe I was going crazy and I was imagining it. Flamingo and Samba are pretty. Samba is my favourite out of the two

elegant-one

Those ALL look beautiful on your skin! I think I'll get Crush

PeachTwist

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
Those ALL look beautiful on your skin! I think I'll get Crush

Ah, a compliment from you is a compliment indeed! Thanks, darlin'. Glad you like 'em! Crush IS pretty, the only reason I'm coming across as complaining is because it wasn't how I wanted it to be. I'll still use it though. I never thought I'd see the day that I enabled you though!
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

Ah, a compliment from you is a compliment indeed! Thanks, darlin'. Glad you like 'em! Crush IS pretty, the only reason I'm coming across as complaining is because it wasn't how I wanted it to be. I'll still use it though. I never thought I'd see the day that I enabled you though!
girlhaha.gif
love.gif
awww
friends.gif
lol.gif

You have such beautiful skin! I'm sure they all look fab on you even if they weren't quite what you wanted. Maybe the shades will grow on you. They are really pretty