All Things Sephora

Baby1black

Ordered online MJ bronzer and face 2 brush, Sunday Riley good genes, been hooked on the sample sephora sent last time, and Jose Marin argan oil. That's for now. Would really like a good smudging brush, need to check makeup for ever?

kimibos

In my opinion, the samples were not worth it. Nope.
werd.gif

DILLIGAF

I went to the event this morning and the only complaint I had has NOTHING to do with the actual event. The Sephora that I elected to go to is actually inside a mall. Not located near any major entrance. They never told anyone what entrance to use to gain early access to the store. I was going from entrance to entrance with a couple of artists ( one from Dior and one from Bumble & Bumble) trying to find a way in. (Complaint ends here) As a result I was the 1st customer in the store and I got a resounding greeting from the staff that was already there. I guess the person that checked my name off at the door told everyone else my name through the headset and everyone addressed me as such. There was coffee, juice, water and some pastries. Everyone was super helpful and the different brand reps were handing out samples.I meandered around the store talking to different reps and picking out items. I left with:

• Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water ( we all knew this was going to happen lol)
  • OCC Cosmetic Colour Pencil in Black Dahlia
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue ( Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Bought it specifically for my MAC Pressed Pigments)
  • UD Eyeshadow in X ( a peachy/gold duochrome)
  • Beauty Blender Cleaner Solid
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment)
  • NARS Kauai Eyeshadow Duo
  • Sephora Brow brush ( This is going back!!!)

I'm going to order a few more things from online especially since I have a gift card I was saving for this.

Audrey C

Lucky girl! i wanted the LM palette but they didnt have it. i know nordies a one but it doesnt have the same colors. :(
NO i do like the mirror alot tho. and the bag is ok but the samples uhh no.
The Nordie's one is a lot more expensive, too (for no good reason, IMO). I noticed last month that there were a couple of the palettes still on the shelf but I didn't really think too much about it. This one wasn't out, but I asked if they still had any in the back and I got the last one.

It's a great palette; I wear it all the time. She's done one for both of the last two holiday seasons, so maybe there will be another this year that you can get.

Alysse011

I didn't go t the event, but I've already placed an order. I got - Ole Henriksen Truh Serum Dolce and Gabbana Passion Duo lipstick in Delight #30 (excited to try this) NARS Douceur blush (excited for this too and hoping it's not too similar to Tarte's Exposed) I will return for the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water if it isn't on HauteLook. Which reminds me - ladies, Koh Gen Do is on HauteLook April 1. That is who I typically buy the spa water from. If I can't get it this time around, I will order it April 1 from Sephora.

Icecaramellatte

Lucky girl! i wanted the LM palette but they didnt have it. i know nordies a one but it doesnt have the same colors. :(
NO i do like the mirror alot tho. and the bag is ok but the samples uhh no.
I saw the mirror on another site and I'm wondering why I didn't get one.

califabulous

No rouge here but still VIB. My short list is Clarisonic brush head (sensitive), YSL sheer candy (2 OR 4) not both :), exfolikate travel size -never tried this but I've heard it's serious business. My MAYBE list is as follows:

Nars sheer matte
Boscia skin sample box
OLeH truth serum
nars e/s duo -i have no idea which. I still want the anniversary palette but I have decided to skip it. too inconsistent with respect to quality. I've swatched..not impressed but I fell in love the moment I saw it. ah well...

Bcteagirl

Went to the event this morning. Outside entrance and it was COLD. Only about half a dozen of us outside before it opened, and not overly busy. Went with a Specktra friend (yay!). We were given coffee/muffins.

I walked out with:

• MFU double sided brush
  • Naked 3
  • Smashbox primer sample size greenish
  • Tarte Lipstick in Blissful since I needed a coral for summer.
  • half a dozen of those shower gel caps, which they are going out of by the way.

Makeup bag is cute and surprisingly sturdy, just small. Would be perfect for purse. Got lots of foil samples, and a full sized Estee lauder double ended makeup thing (One end lipstick, one end pure colour gloss in light pink).

Since they were out of the Mattnificent pallette that I promised to buy for a friend I went up to another sephora that was holding one for me (Not online, and all the close stores were out). Grabbed that, and fell in love with the guerlian BB cream someone tested on me (Put a gel nail polish and BB cream Smashbox sample back, bought this instead). Actually got my Rouge compact here, some of you know I was sad about missing that.

Ordered the inexpensive tarte 2 piece (Blush stick, lipstick) online. G*d willing I will be well set until November now :p

shontay07108

I went to the event this morning and the only complaint I had has NOTHING to do with the actual event. The Sephora that I elected to go to is actually inside a mall. Not located near any major entrance. They never told anyone what entrance to use to gain early access to the store. I was going from entrance to entrance with a couple of artists ( one from Dior and one from Bumble & Bumble) trying to find a way in. (Complaint ends here) As a result I was the 1st customer in the store and I got a resounding greeting from the staff that was already there. I guess the person that checked my name off at the door told everyone else my name through the headset and everyone addressed me as such. There was coffee, juice, water and some pastries. Everyone was super helpful and the different brand reps were handing out samples.I meandered around the store talking to different reps and picking out items. I left with:
  •  Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water ( we all knew this was going to happen lol)
    [*] Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue
    ( Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Bought it specifically for my MAC Pressed Pigments)
  • UD  Eyeshadow in X ( a peachy/gold duochrome)
I'm going to order a few more things from online especially since I have a gift card I was saving for this.
That stuff is expensive, but it works very well. I bought it a couple of months ago and thought about returning it, but I really don't want to run the risk of not finding anything that works just as well. Going through my stuff I see my MUFE Liquid Lift foundation disappeared. I need another, but being the genius that I am, I can't remember my shade. I'll have to go into the store this week. I think I might end up hauling 2 or 3 times during this sale. I'm seriously considering the MUFE Flash Palette b/c of a youtube tutorial. I wish they had the foundation palette, though.

PixieDancer

I left with:
  •  Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water ( we all knew this was going to happen lol)
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue ( Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Bought it specifically for my MAC Pressed Pigments)
  • UD  Eyeshadow in X ( a peachy/gold duochrome)
Nice haul! I highly recommend keeping the TF Glitter Glue! It's a god send for those pressed pigments! I went from hating those things to loving them with that one product! And that skinny little tube has lasted me FOREVER! Just give it a good try before deciding to return it!! I think you'll really like it!

Gaiya

can anyone link a picture of the mirror? I didn't get one either. I tried a quick google search and all I get is the black mirror with "vib rouge" written on it.... but I think that mirror was given last year?

shontay07108

While I'm at it, any thoughts on that too faced chocolate bar palette? I'm not a big fan of too faced and I never paid attention to that thing in store but browsing the site it's caught my attention. I think it's the novelty of it all. I have Naked 1 and 3, but still. Is this thing any good? Anyone know?