All Things Sephora

Bcteagirl

I think it's silly for Sephora to have the event at 9 am on a Sunday morning.
They probably wanted to have it before the store opened, weekend so many can attend, and yet at a decent hour. Hence: Sunday. Saturday would have been far better (Excepting of course that screws it up for Friday night party girls :p) in terms of travel, but they likely already open earlier on Saturday?

MsGlossy

They probably wanted to have it before the store opened, weekend so many can attend, and yet at a decent hour. Hence: Sunday. Saturday would have been far better (Excepting of course that screws it up for Friday night party girls :p) in terms of travel, but they likely already open earlier on Saturday?
I still think it's silly. A lot of people attend church on Sunday morning. Secondly, Victoria Secret's and Nordstrom have closed events all the time AFTER the mall closes. I think 6 pm or 7 pm is more reasonable than 9 am. Just my opinion.

Bcteagirl

I still think it's silly. A lot of people attend church on Sunday morning. Secondly, Victoria Secret's and Nordstrom have closed events all the time AFTER the mall closes. I think 6 pm or 7 pm is more reasonable than 9 am. Just my opinion.
By that token, a lot of people attend synagogue on Friday night ;)

Although I do like the idea of an early evening affair. I assume they want the morning to restock the place, I certainly hope they do so.

MsGlossy

By that token, a lot of people attend synagogue on Friday night ;)

Although I do like the idea of an early evening affair. I assume they want the morning to restock the place, I certainly hope they do so.
That's great that lots of people attend synagogue on Friday night. That means they would've been able to attend an evening event since I talking about Sunday evening, not Friday night.

Audrey C

Well, I like Sunday morning. I'd be lounging in bed otherwise or driving my daughter to the rink. Now her dad can do it. LOL

kimibos

That's great that lots of people attend synagogue on Friday night. That means they would've been able to attend an evening event since I talking about Sunday evening, not Friday night.
they are a makeup company i doubt they care about what people have to do on sunday. a lot of people have to work on sunday too not just go to church. they simply dont care.

if someone cant go they are offering the code to shop online or go during a different hour.

shontay07108

I'm not a fan of events happening on Sundays or after the mall closes on any day. We all have different schedules and everything and there's no way a business can cater to all over us, but that's just me. I am open for mornings and early afternoons during the week. That's it. I've gone to Mac events at 6 or 7 in the evening, but that was only the couple of times where I truly wanted something badly and didn't want to wait or be anxious about not getting what I want after it's made available to everyone.

futurestrength

So my list right now is:
Marc Jacobs Face II Brush
Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Cleanser
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Taffy
Narsissist Palette (Still debating)

Also, quick generalized question for anyone: which makeup items help to minimize wrinkles the most? It's for my mom's birthday present next month, she's in her late 50s. Primer maybe? Not really sure.

MsGlossy

they are a makeup company i doubt they care about what people have to do on sunday. a lot of people have to work on sunday too not just go to church. they simply dont care.

if someone cant go they are offering the code to shop online or go during a different hour.
I honestly don't care if Sephora cares or not. It's not like I contacted their headquarters to file a complaint, I was simply stating my opinion.

Mayanas

I got my VIB 15% card today in the mail. the event is on Thursday :( I have 5 days off saturday to wednesday buuuuu

Spectacular

I read on another board that the gift cards went out to all members who spoke up or typed something, not just those observing. I do give them credit for that one, it was nice of them to at least consider those who took the time to attend (especially since it was during office hours on a weekday I believe) and try to pay them back.

I hope something good comes out of the forum, I think Sephora will have to bend a little more even if (for some reason) they thought they knocked the initial Rouge launch out of the park.

Also DILLIGAF I have to admit I've been staring at your username trying to puzzle out what it stood for. I am both ashamed and proud to admit after some time I managed to figure it out, lol.

Audrey C

Just Douceur for me; it's already been taken out of the physical stores and it's the only blush I've finished in well over a decade (and I did it in 18 months). I'm not going to open it yet because I have so many other neutral blush, but I had to have it.

Audrey C

I went this morning - it was fun. I ended up getting Electric and the store's last LM Artist Palette from the back. I have one already; this will be part of my green-eyed daughter's Christmas gift this year.

kimibos

i just came back with the kat von D lady bird palette, and a Becca illuminator for my mom.

From all the samples i got the mirror is my fave lol its very sturdy. they had alot of pastries and coffee. it was nice. not many people at my store.

i may order more stuff online. they didNT have the Too faced Summer set i wanted :(

cocodivatime

Made a Sephora trip today to buy the mars
i just came back with the kat von D lady bird palette, and a Becca illuminator for my mom.  From all the samples i got the mirror is my fave lol its very sturdy. they had alot of pastries and coffee. it was nice. not many people at my store. i may order more stuff online. they did have the Too faced Summer set i wanted :(
Would you say that the samples were worth it? I decided not to go. Today was my only day to sleep in before going to work

FrizzyKab

I went to the event. It was okay. Not many people were there and there was some coffee, pastries and water. I went to get a becca shimmering skin perfector but the sephora I went to didn't carry Becca--figures, right? I ended up getting ysl touché éclat foundation in 070 and 080 (I have to mix) and a couple of the ysl gel eye liners (the blue and bronze). It was worth it for the opportunity to shop a couple of hours earlier than the store opened while my son was in a happy mood and while the store was not crowded. I guess I will get the Becca stuff online during their friends and family sale.
9c1edbd9_image.jpeg
Here's a pic of the "goody bag".