All Things Sephora

Ana A

I've skipped the last 3 ABH palettes this one will come home with me
love.gif

KiKi Kontour

Re: other correctors, I use Bobbi Brown's corrector in Very Deep Bisque. I like it; I find it makes concealer look more natural and conceal better. Now you all make me want to try the Becca Brightening Corrector but my worry is that it will be too light.

Edit:
And then I saw this:
http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2015/03/becca-ultimate-coverage-concealing-creme-becca-under-eye-brightening-corrector-review-swatches-dark-skin/

I love this woman's blog btw.
I got BB corrector too in honey (I think that's the shade) but I need to revisit it. its thick which I love but im tryin to learn more tricks to concealers these days!!

Prettypackages

Re: other correctors, I use Bobbi Brown's corrector in Very Deep Bisque. I like it; I find it makes concealer look more natural and conceal better. Now you all make me want to try the Becca Brightening Corrector but my worry is that it will be too light.

Edit:
And then I saw this:
http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2015/03/becca-ultimate-coverage-concealing-creme-becca-under-eye-brightening-corrector-review-swatches-dark-skin/

I love this woman's blog btw.
I've been trying to get one of throse concealers but could not find my shade match. THe one I wanted to try was always out of stock. but these two will be on my list for sure. I miss Becca's old concealers. The duos. They shade rage was great.

Prettypackages

I hope this helps to answer all the questions!
smiles.gif
sorry for the super long post!
thanks for the clarification. I found your blog a few years ago when I saw your post on undertones. Very informative. I need someone to do it on Black women now that I realized we can be olive too.
Can't wait to try these primers.

montREALady

Re: other correctors, I use Bobbi Brown's corrector in Very Deep Bisque. I like it; I find it makes concealer look more natural and conceal better. Now you all make me want to try the Becca Brightening Corrector but my worry is that it will be too light.  Edit: And then I saw this: http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor....ghtening-corrector-review-swatches-dark-skin/  I love this woman's blog btw.
Well the Becca rep mixed them and it totally brightened under my eyes. She said not to use it alone. It has light-reflecting particles in it. Kiki mentioned the thickness of each and I think if you mix them it will eliminate that. Rather than how I've been doing it. I also think I need that Sephora lighting to follow me around. Ha! Let me check out that blog. Update: great review and info. I like her tip on using the concealer then brightener for fine lines. When I'm done both sample I'll likely purchase but a little goes a long way so I have enough for about another 3 weeks to a month I think. Is Becca included in the sales?

montREALady

I'm sorry but how have you not purchased Topaz?!?! I can't. I can't even right now. I have worn Topaz, every single day since I got it. I have never been this committed to a color product. All of the powders are great. I love Topaz and Champagne Gold together. Also Moonstone is a gorgeous highlight and it seems to be underrated. Blushed Copper is great, I wish it were a little more sheer, but I still love it. I layer it over my contour and blend it up to outer edge of the temple. I sometimes wear 3 or 4 of the powders in one look. I wonder what the next LE SSP powder will be…  
I literally joined Specktra a month ago and have been exposed to a lot more than I used to bother with before. I've always been into makeup and I do makeup on others, but not heavily into bronzers/highlighters to spend $40 on them, lmaoo! I'm more of a "beauty on a budget" girl...two kids and living in NYC with shoe and clothing issues? Yeah, no. But I spend on something I like and believe in beauty-wise. Becca I never knew until the Blushed Copper revolution here tbh.

montREALady

I'm tempted. I like the convenience of palettes, not sure on those colors.  Great review. THey didnt seem to orange?  I remember when Becca was discontinued in Sephora. hated it.  She sold me too.  What color do you wear in prolong wear and tarte creaseless.  I can't find a good match for NOTHING! LOL  GIRL!  I'm going to do whatever I can to get my skin back to where it was.  My Mother has better skin than I do right  now.  I have a bag on one eye and lines on both.  I know part of it was the stress of this damn job. I think I've aged 8 years in 4.   I've been trying to get one of throse concealers but could not find my shade match.  THe one I wanted to try was always out of stock.  but these two will be on my list for sure.  I miss Becca's old concealers.  The duos.  They shade rage was great. 
In Becca concealers I'm Syrup. Cafe in mineral pressed foundation. NW45/NC43 in MAC. The under eye brightener has been sold out online for a while now. I love the colors in the ABH palette that's what lured me. My mother has great skin too hence why I was just hoping good genes would kick in. I've always had blemish-free skin I'm terms of no pimples, etc but always dealt with darkness around the mouth then now under the eyes and the bags. I suppose I could sleep more? I've also always had a bunch of beauty marks on my face thanks to my Dad but I don't mind them. My laugh lines are pissing me off too because I think my foundation settles in. Ugggh.

montREALady

lol shyyyyyyt i know i aint young no mo hahaha!! I really dnt use correctors honestly!! I just use a concealer 2 shades lighter n my normal tone on top basically. I only use my fingers for concealers tho!! I got BB corrector too in honey (I think that's the shade) but I need to revisit it. its thick which I love but im tryin to learn more tricks to concealers these days!!
I never did either, always MAC concealer that comes in the wand...Moisture Cover? With that I used the wand and then a concealer brush. With the Becca, my fingers. I know you gotta experiment with them a lot for that perfect coverage.

charismafulltv

In Becca concealers I'm Syrup. Cafe in mineral pressed foundation. NW45/NC43 in MAC. The under eye brightener has been sold out online for a while now. I love the colors in the ABH palette that's what lured me. My mother has great skin too hence why I was just hoping good genes would kick in. I've always had blemish-free skin I'm terms of no pimples, etc but always dealt with darkness around the mouth then now under the eyes and the bags. I suppose I could sleep more? I've also always had a bunch of beauty marks on my face thanks to my Dad but I don't mind them. My laugh lines are pissing me off too because I think my foundation settles in. Ugggh.
My mom has laugh lines too and she said those are wisdom lines ;)

Twinkle_Twinkle

lol shyyyyyyt i know i aint young no mo hahaha!! I really dnt use correctors honestly!! I just use a concealer 2 shades lighter n my normal tone on top basically. I only use my fingers for concealers tho!!

I got BB corrector too in honey (I think that's the shade) but I need to revisit it. its thick which I love but im tryin to learn more tricks to concealers these days!!
I didn't use the corrector for a long time after I got it because it just wasn't all together working for me. Then I decided to actually follow the instruction as apply it with my finger and it has made all the difference. Please share the tricks you come up with.

Ana A

Comes out on ABH website on Weds. Can't believe it sold out on Sephora! I want to hold out until Nordstrom gets it but I don't know.
From what I understand it didn't sell out, there was a glitch at both Ulta and Sephora and some were able to get their hands on it but its not due to come out til later this month (perhaps early may). I kinda want to hold on until Sephora releases it officially so I can get the points but then again as soon as people start posting about it on IG I'm gonna go crazy. lol :)

Icecaramellatte

I just returned from my Sephora expedition! The Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Radiant Bronze is exactly what I thought [hoped!] it would be. The SA wanted to try it on my face (so I didn't actually swatch it) and he applied it liberally to my my entire cheek area (nose to ear) and up through the temple, slightly around the brows, so a sizable portion of the face. It gives a very soft luminous glow that you'd expect from any of the Ambient powders. There are no visible sparkles once applied (what a relief right?!) and I think you could definitely use this all over the face as a finishing powder with a fluffy powder brush. For reference I'm NW45 in most MAC formulas. I think it gives a nice, subtle glow, perfect for Spring. It's definitely more subtle/soft/diffused than the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Powder in Topaz…. Speaking of Becca….

I've been on the Becca hype train since Becca's first go round in Sephora (any Sephora aficionados remember those days??) when they were d/c'd from Sephora and I had to run around Atlanta and Nashville trying to find small boutiques that carried the line. So yeah, way back. In the wake of the SSP international freakout, I dusted off my old Becca Bronzers in Calypso and Duende and I found that both, but Duende especially, work super well with the SSP Powders. They are the softer/golden brown cousins to Topaz's bronze. They have a pearliness to them, rather than a shimmer/sheen.

I like to wear Topaz over the entire cheek area and layer blush and highlighters over it and then sweep a small amount across the brows, but I wouldn't dare brush it on my forehead (I use the SSP liquid all over, under foundation, but not the pressed powder). Now I take Duende or Calyso and dust it all over and I achieve that same Becca "lit from within" glow on every part of the face. It's really gorgeous. If you can get your hands on either, snatch them up! ACW has Calypso and the two lighter shades. The website says it has Duende but it's actually out of stock, so don't get too excited. I think they are worth hunting down, especially if you can find them under MSRP.

Regardless of whether or not you can find the older bronzers take a look at the Becca Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector. I purchased it today after thinking long and hard about it for a couple of weeks. If you swirl the two colors together you get a shade that is more golden and a tad more subtle than Topaz so it can go where Topaz can't. The difference between Duende and the Bronze/Contour Perfector is that the latter has that sexy shimmer/sheen of the SSP's rather than the pearlescent finish of the Duende/Calypso. It's very pretty. So much pretty! I can hardly take it!!! so much for the rev
Thanks so much for the detailed review of the bronzer and use of highlighters. As for the bronzer, did you notice any difference between application of bronzer with more or less of the darker color swirled in? I'm wondering if I should look for a certain percentage of bronzer and highlighter color in the pan. So interesting mixing highlighters. I've never thought to do that. You are making me rethink Champagne Gold. It was panned here and I never even bothered to try it. Maybe as a mix.. . .

I am also a long time Becca fan. I was wearing the products even before they came to Sephora the first time. I have been in the same boat of running around searching for products. There was a time where I could only do mail order for their products. Becca has come and gone as a brand so many times around here. I'm kind of in a love/hate relationship with them now because they have discontinued 3 of my favorite products. Actually more than that. They have so many new base products in their range now that it is a little bit overwhelming. I've been buying a lot of their color products but as of yet am still slow to buy their base products that have replaced my favorites. I bought the under eye brightener but still haven't quite gotten the hang of it. I think I need the concealer to go with it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I literally joined Specktra a month ago and have been exposed to a lot more than I used to bother with before. I've always been into makeup and I do makeup on others, but not heavily into bronzers/highlighters to spend $40 on them, lmaoo! I'm more of a "beauty on a budget" girl...two kids and living in NYC with shoe and clothing issues? Yeah, no. But I spend on something I like and believe in beauty-wise. Becca I never knew until the Blushed Copper revolution here tbh.
Beauty [and everything] in New York is so hard.
I usually don't allow myself to splurge like this (I'm glad I did because now I have VIB) which is why I've not been on Specktra in a long long long while. But now that I'm not into every single MAC collection the way I used to be it's a lot easier to control my makeup spending. After I got into grad school I had to stop buying makeup all together in order to save and after a month or two one of my favorite MUA's at my favorite MAC counter called me to make sure I was okay because they were worried! When I moved abroad makeup was even more expensive, then I moved to New York where life is just expensive (I spent $6.15 on Captain Crunch and wanted to cry…) and I'm a full-time student. Thankfully I learned restraint. I'm basically restricting all major hauls to the Sephora November/April sales and just picking up one or two new items/as needed items in the 6 month gaps and Back2MACing for whatever lipsticks or eyeshadows I might want. So I'm right there with you on a beauty budget.

cheerleader.gif
Belated Welcome to Specktra!
cheerleader.gif

Ana A

I live in southern California and life here is expensive but New York... I have not idea how you guys do it, Specktra is a beautiful but dangerous place
devil.gif

patentg33k

I just returned from my Sephora expedition! The Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Radiant Bronze is exactly what I thought [hoped!] it would be. The SA wanted to try it on my face (so I didn't actually swatch it) and he applied it liberally to my my entire cheek area (nose to ear) and up through the temple, slightly around the brows, so a sizable portion of the face. It gives a very soft luminous glow that you'd expect from any of the Ambient powders. There are no visible sparkles once applied (what a relief right?!) and I think you could definitely use this all over the face as a finishing powder with a fluffy powder brush. For reference I'm NW45 in most MAC formulas. I think it gives a nice, subtle glow, perfect for Spring. It's definitely more subtle/soft/diffused than the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Powder in Topaz…. Speaking of Becca….

I've been on the Becca hype train since Becca's first go round in Sephora (any Sephora aficionados remember those days??) when they were d/c'd from Sephora and I had to run around Atlanta and Nashville trying to find small boutiques that carried the line. So yeah, way back. In the wake of the SSP international freakout, I dusted off my old Becca Bronzers in Calypso and Duende and I found that both, but Duende especially, work super well with the SSP Powders. They are the softer/golden brown cousins to Topaz's bronze. They have a pearliness to them, rather than a shimmer/sheen.

I like to wear Topaz over the entire cheek area and layer blush and highlighters over it and then sweep a small amount across the brows, but I wouldn't dare brush it on my forehead (I use the SSP liquid all over, under foundation, but not the pressed powder). Now I take Duende or Calyso and dust it all over and I achieve that same Becca "lit from within" glow on every part of the face. It's really gorgeous. If you can get your hands on either, snatch them up! ACW has Calypso and the two lighter shades. The website says it has Duende but it's actually out of stock, so don't get too excited. I think they are worth hunting down, especially if you can find them under MSRP.

Regardless of whether or not you can find the older bronzers take a look at the Becca Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector. I purchased it today after thinking long and hard about it for a couple of weeks. If you swirl the two colors together you get a shade that is more golden and a tad more subtle than Topaz so it can go where Topaz can't. The difference between Duende and the Bronze/Contour Perfector is that the latter has that sexy shimmer/sheen of the SSP's rather than the pearlescent finish of the Duende/Calypso. It's very pretty. So much pretty! I can hardly take it!!!
Did you get a senses of the color of the other Hourglass Bronzer? I'm NC15 and trying to decide if I need one (and which), or both. I went to my Sephora yesterday but I didn't see a display of these and assumed they were holding them back until they are available to sell to all.

I do remember the days of Becca's first round at Sephora. I bought my first SSP's as they were leaving the store, when they got marked down to some absurdly low price. I'm glad that they're back.

Twinkle_Twinkle

@Prettypackages
Neither bronzer turned orange on me.

@montREALady
Thanks so much for the detailed review of the bronzer and use of highlighters. As for the bronzer, did you notice any difference between application of bronzer with more or less of the darker color swirled in? I'm wondering if I should look for a certain percentage of bronzer and highlighter color in the pan. So interesting mixing highlighters. I've never thought to do that. You are making me rethink Champagne Gold. It was panned here and I never even bothered to try it. Maybe as a mix.. . .

I am also a long time Becca fan. I was wearing the products even before they came to Sephora the first time. I have been in the same boat of running around searching for products. There was a time where I could only do mail order for their products. Becca has come and gone as a brand so many times around here. I'm kind of in a love/hate relationship with them now because they have discontinued 3 of my favorite products. Actually more than that. They have so many new base products in their range now that it is a little bit overwhelming. I've been buying a lot of their color products but as of yet am still slow to buy their base products that have replaced my favorites. I bought the under eye brightener but still haven't quite gotten the hang of it. I think I need the concealer to go with it.
Yay another long-time Becca fan!!! I find that their neutral eye shadows (also on ACW) can't be beat!!

Why so much shade for Champagne Gold?!?! I saw a lot of Temptalia comments from people worried that it wouldn't work for their skin tone but I watched a lot of videos and read blog reviews from WOC who were excited about it and reviewed it favorably.

I think Champagne Gold is gorgeous. I can see the yellowness being off putting for fairer skin tones, but not so much for deeper ones. I mean I'd hate to recommend something that you go buy and then hate, but if you can try it in person, or if your online retailer has a good return policy, I think it's worth a try. Both b-glowing and Dermstore have them and both have a good return policy.

I don't so much think of Topaz as a highlighter, maybe because my skin tone is darker. I think of it as illuminating areas of the face and then I highlight with something like Moonstone or Champagne Gold. Champagne Gold gives a really nice subtle highlight for one of these "my-face-but-better"/ low key days where you might have a bold lip and/or eye and want to tone down the rest of the face, or if you just want a natural look for the day.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the Becca Light/Contour Bronzer or the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer. The Becca bronzer is split down the middle so you'll get equal amount of each shade. I didn't really notice too much of a difference when I patted my brush a little more in the dark half honestly, but I'll try experimenting a bit more. I used a very light, soft brush; the Stila powder brush which is not dense at all. A fan or duo fiber brush would work. I used very little product.

Regarding the Hourglass bronzer: It was applied heavily with some variation of a blush brush, and the SA applied it. The marbling is such that I don't think you'd be able to focus on the darker streaks more than the lighter streaks.