All Things Sephora

thefbomb

No matter how much I prepped and moisturized my lips they dried them out and they were difficult to apply. I didn't buy any of the glosses. I tried them on and they felt good but the shades I liked had to much glitter. I have 2 Sephora liquid lipstains and I love them. They don't dry out my lips and are easy to apply. I just picked up the new Too Faced Melted Metals and I don't have a problem with them either.
I seriously need to try some of the sephora ones. A few of them will definitely be coming home with me tomorrow

montREALady

@Prettypackages Neither bronzer turned orange on me.  @montREALady Yay another long-time Becca fan!!! I find that their neutral eye shadows (also on ACW) can't be beat!!  Why so much shade for Champagne Gold?!?! I saw a lot of Temptalia comments from people worried that it wouldn't work for their skin tone but I watched a lot of videos and read blog reviews from WOC who were excited about it and reviewed it favorably.  I think Champagne Gold is gorgeous. I can see the yellowness being off putting for fairer skin tones, but not so much for deeper ones. I mean I'd hate to recommend something that you go buy and then hate, but if you can try it in person, or if your online retailer has a good return policy, I think it's worth a try. Both b-glowing and Dermstore have them and both have a good return policy. I don't so much think of Topaz as a highlighter, maybe because my skin tone is darker. I think of it as illuminating areas of the face and then I highlight with something like Moonstone or Champagne Gold. Champagne Gold gives a really nice subtle highlight for one of these "my-face-but-better"/ low key days where you might have a bold lip and/or eye and want to tone down the rest of the face, or if you just want a natural look for the day.  I'm not sure if you are referring to the Becca Light/Contour Bronzer or the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer. The Becca bronzer is split down the middle so you'll get equal amount of each shade. I didn't really notice too much of a difference when I patted my brush a little more in the dark half honestly, but I'll try experimenting a bit more. I used a very light, soft brush; the Stila powder brush which is not dense at all. A fan or duo fiber brush would work. I used very little product.  Regarding the Hourglass bronzer: It was applied heavily with some variation of a blush brush, and the SA applied it. The marbling is such that I don't think you'd be able to focus on the darker streaks more than the lighter streaks. 
Y'all VIB and VIB Rouge's don't buy out all the Becca Topaz before I get a chance (bwahahhaa, I know why would you? I'm the late one!) I was waiting for the sale, I just remembered why I don't have it yet, plus I wanted to try them...I have my "loves" waiting and ready. I want that Clinique Cola blush too (need to see more swatches on WOC). Maybe I need another job before all this. Help. Can't remember what Champagne Gold looks like, oh the limited. I see it in a liquid trio on HSN. Looks like the WnW Fergie Hollywood Boulevard one. I have the Rose Gold powder and Opal liquid from the Becca kit. The Becca rep said she uses Topaz on her forehead and I think you said you wouldn't dare? Why? If I had to get one, do you recommend the powder or liquid in Topaz? I think I want the liquid.

montREALady

From what I understand it didn't sell out, there was a glitch at both Ulta and Sephora and some were able to get their hands on it but its not due to come out til later this month (perhaps early may). I kinda want to hold on until Sephora releases it officially so I can get the points but then again as soon as people start posting about it on IG I'm gonna go crazy. lol :)
Ohhh is that what happened? Kudos to the people that catch these things. They're good. Yeah me too. May just try to get it on Weds.

montREALady

Thanks so much for the detailed review of the bronzer and use of highlighters.  As for the bronzer, did you notice any difference between application of bronzer with more or less of the darker color swirled in?  I'm wondering if I should look for a certain percentage of bronzer and highlighter color in the pan.  So interesting mixing highlighters.  I've never thought to do that.  You are making me rethink Champagne Gold.  It was panned here and I never even bothered to try it.  Maybe as a mix.. . .    I am also a long time Becca fan.  I was wearing the products even before they came to Sephora the first time.  I have been in the same boat of running around searching for products.  There was a time where I could only do mail order for their products.  Becca has come and gone as a brand so many times around here.  I'm kind of in a love/hate relationship with them now because they have discontinued 3 of my favorite products.  Actually more than that. They have so many new  base products in their range now that it is a little bit overwhelming. I've been buying a lot of their color products but as of yet am still slow to buy their base products that have replaced my favorites.  I bought the under eye brightener but still haven't quite gotten the hang of it.  I think I need the concealer to go with it. 
Have you been using the brightener with any concealer?

montREALady

Beauty [and everything] in New York is so hard. I usually don't allow myself to splurge like this (I'm glad I did because now I have VIB) which is why I've not been on Specktra in a long long long while. But now that I'm not into every single MAC collection the way I used to be it's a lot easier to control my makeup spending. After I got into grad school I had to stop buying makeup all together in order to save and after a month or two one of my favorite MUA's at my favorite MAC counter called me to make sure I was okay because they were worried! When I moved abroad makeup was even more expensive, then I moved to New York where life is just expensive (I spent $6.15 on Captain Crunch and wanted to cry…) and I'm a full-time student. Thankfully I learned restraint. I'm basically restricting all major hauls to the Sephora November/April sales and just picking up one or two new items/as needed items in the 6 month gaps and Back2MACing for whatever lipsticks or eyeshadows I might want. So I'm right there with you on a beauty budget.  :cheer: Belated Welcome to [COLOR=4B0082]Specktra[/COLOR]! :cheer:  
Thanks! I complain about the price of cereal ALL THE TIME! Rite Aid had cereal for $1.97 last week, if I lived in a bigger place I would have went nuts! Makeup makes me happy so I justify it that way. I must be in my makeup phase now. I bought 4 pairs of sneakers since Jan so I'm good there. Maybe back to clothes for spring/summer. I obsess in intervals, lmaooo!
I live in southern California and life here is expensive but New York... I have not idea how you guys do it, Specktra is a beautiful but dangerous place :devil:
I wonder how I do it sometimes too. I would love to live in CA if it's anything like I've imagined. Yes Specktra hasn't been helping my pockets. It's the swatches and pics of the women wearing the products that get me!

Prettypackages

My mother has great skin too hence why I was just hoping good genes would kick in. I've always had blemish-free skin I'm terms of no pimples, etc but always dealt with darkness around the mouth then now under the eyes and the bags. I suppose I could sleep more? I've also always had a bunch of beauty marks on my face thanks to my Dad but I don't mind them. My laugh lines are pissing me off too because I think my foundation settles in. Ugggh.
so do you mix the brightener with concealer, or put the brightener on and then the conceaer.

Icecaramellatte

@Prettypackages
Neither bronzer turned orange on me.

@montREALady

Yay another long-time Becca fan!!! I find that their neutral eye shadows (also on ACW) can't be beat!!

Why so much shade for Champagne Gold?!?! I saw a lot of Temptalia comments from people worried that it wouldn't work for their skin tone but I watched a lot of videos and read blog reviews from WOC who were excited about it and reviewed it favorably.

I think Champagne Gold is gorgeous. I can see the yellowness being off putting for fairer skin tones, but not so much for deeper ones. I mean I'd hate to recommend something that you go buy and then hate, but if you can try it in person, or if your online retailer has a good return policy, I think it's worth a try. Both b-glowing and Dermstore have them and both have a good return policy.

I don't so much think of Topaz as a highlighter, maybe because my skin tone is darker. I think of it as illuminating areas of the face and then I highlight with something like Moonstone or Champagne Gold. Champagne Gold gives a really nice subtle highlight for one of these "my-face-but-better"/ low key days where you might have a bold lip and/or eye and want to tone down the rest of the face, or if you just want a natural look for the day.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the Becca Light/Contour Bronzer or the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer. The Becca bronzer is split down the middle so you'll get equal amount of each shade. I didn't really notice too much of a difference when I patted my brush a little more in the dark half honestly, but I'll try experimenting a bit more. I used a very light, soft brush; the Stila powder brush which is not dense at all. A fan or duo fiber brush would work. I used very little product.

Regarding the Hourglass bronzer: It was applied heavily with some variation of a blush brush, and the SA applied it. The marbling is such that I don't think you'd be able to focus on the darker streaks more than the lighter streaks.
Thanks for the response. I was talking about the Hourglass bronzer.

msvluvsmac

I seriously need to try some of the sephora ones. A few of them will definitely be coming home with me tomorrow
I have Marvelous Mauve (which is my favorite) and Strawberry Kissed. You should definitely try get a couple. They are definitely better than ABH.

msvluvsmac

Y'all VIB and VIB Rouge's don't buy out all the Becca Topaz before I get a chance (bwahahhaa, I know why would you? I'm the late one!) I was waiting for the sale, I just remembered why I don't have it yet, plus I wanted to try them...I have my "loves" waiting and ready. I want that Clinique Cola blush too (need to see more swatches on WOC). Maybe I need another job before all this. Help. Can't remember what Champagne Gold looks like, oh the limited. I see it in a liquid trio on HSN. Looks like the WnW Fergie Hollywood Boulevard one. I have the Rose Gold powder and Opal liquid from the Becca kit. The Becca rep said she uses Topaz on her forehead and I think you said you wouldn't dare? Why? I had to get one, do you recommend the powder or liquid in Topaz? I think I want the liquid.
I didn't like Champagne Gold on my NC50 skin. I have Topaz in the liquid and I use it almost daily, especially in the summer. Some people don't like the liquid but I have dry skin and it works better than the powder on me. It gives a nice glow when I mixed it with my liquid foundation in the warm weather. Rose Gold is pretty too. I'm almost out so I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle tomorrow.

pandorablack

Went to my local Sephora today to exchange a Kat Von D foundation. I had light 42 and I needed light 44. Well, I'd prefer a shade in between those two but light 44 is closer than light 42. I've been obsessing over my foundation looking too light for a month and I finally made the exchange. I love that I can exchange a product at any Sephora easily. It's so much more convenient than doing an online return.

While I was there I checked out the new Shade and Light: Eye palette by Kat Von D. I think it's a skip for me.

montREALady

Yes.  I just wanted to see how it worked with the Becca concealer.
I've been experimenting and I like how it works best with the Becca one. Today I tried the NYX dark circle corrector with the Becca concealer. I'll see later if it still looks good. Thank goodness for samples, lol.

montREALady

I didn't like Champagne Gold on my NC50 skin. I have Topaz in the liquid and I use it almost daily, especially in the summer. Some people don't like the liquid but I have dry skin and it works better than the powder on me. It gives a nice glow when I mixed it with my liquid foundation in the warm weather. Rose Gold is pretty too. I'm almost out so I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle tomorrow.
I'm definitely leaning towards the liquid. Do you ever mix it with your moisturizer?

patentg33k

Here's a review from the Beauty Professor on the new Hourglass Bronzers...

http://www.beautyprofessor.net/2015/04/hourglass-ambient-bronzerssunlight-in.html

patentg33k

Sabrina The Beauty Look Book has posted her reviews of the Houglass Ambient Bronzers as well...LOTS of comparisons....

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/04/hourglass-ambient-lighting-bronzers.html

boschicka

Went to my local Sephora today to exchange a Kat Von D foundation. I had light 42 and I needed light 44. Well, I'd prefer a shade in between those two but light 44 is closer than light 42. I've been obsessing over my foundation looking too light for a month and I finally made the exchange. I love that I can exchange a product at any Sephora easily. It's so much more convenient than doing an online return.

While I was there I checked out the new Shade and Light: Eye palette by Kat Von D. I think it's a skip for me.
What makes it a skip for you?