All Things Sephora

KiKi Kontour

Btdubs, the MAC MSFN in a shade lighter than your normal shade is the BEST highlighter for a traditional contour/highlight, "I'm referencing a face chart" experience. I use a lighter shade everything. Big swipes of it from cheek to ear, under brows, over brows, down the nose, everything. And when I'm doing a "my face but better" day with a sheer coverage powder (usually MSFN) I dampen my brush a bit and use it under the eye as a powder concealer/highlighter. I also sometimes set concealer with it.
that is actually an awesome idea and I will definitely try that!! I love msf's becuz they're so fool proof.

KiKi Kontour

Oooh Harmony, lemme see. I went out to brunch a few weeks ago and we sat there looking at all these chicks all done up full face contoured up and we were like, "But it's 3 o'clooccckkkkk" I mean lemme tell you, you need PROPER lighting to contour. I feel like some of these chicks apply their makeup in the dark...maybe with a night light.
blink.gif
lmaoooooo not the night light doh!!!
lolz.gif

novocainedreams

Mine too and since I'm not VIB or VIB Rouge with Sephora anyway I just placed an order with Ulta for my Becca Topaz SSP (10%) and some NYX stuff (20%) I've been eyeing... When the Sephora sale rolls around I'll get other stuff I'm sure.

Why do I want the Becca Blushed Copper One Perfecting Brush? I swear the Becca rep used the regular one on me and it seemed so convenient, lol. Oh wait, just read that it isn't metal?! WTF!
I'm VIBR so besides the Lorac palette I was eyeing from Ulta(which I can probably use my points on) I can get most what I want at Sephora with the 15% ad 7% cash back at mrrebates is a better deal and there was only a couple other items I was looking at(NYX) but I have a $10 off for NYX's site so I figure I'll just get them there. Ulta lost out this time around, LOL.

I haven't tried any BECCA items yet, was thinking of getting Moonstone highlighter.

dash4

What is the code? TIA.. I am out of town and just realized I left all of the info at home..
oh.gif

I found it.. never mind.

it is rougelove

montREALady

Yeah have you seen the Sephora videos for contouring deep skin tones? I was like, "Ummmm, can you blend it a bit better?" You can't send that poor woman outside looking like that!?!?

I tried the Cover FX Contour palette. I liked it but it's basically full coverage foundation and I only wear sheer to medium coverage so even though it's only for contouring/highlighting, it's on so much of your face that by the end of it all you are pretty much wearing full coverage. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was a little taken aback. It's a nice product, maybe I'll repurchase it in the winter, but it's way too heavy for me in warm weather and it transfers. So I'm back to keeping it basic. Powder please!
No I haven't!! LOL! I've dressed models at many fashion shows and often wanted to fix the black model's makeup or hair while I was at it. I don't get it how come we can see it but the "professional" can't?!

I was asking about that palette here a few weeks ago. I was so close to buying it but then I had to think about if I wanted it just for that awesome highlight or because I really wanted it. I think I was going with the N Deep. Oh man, yes, I find liquid contouring harder than powder. I don't mind liquid highlighting, but the contouring, give me powder. Plus it's more natural to me. That contour line I see on some women from not blending properly! It scares me. The parties I go to in the summer, I can't be doing full contour, most of them are outside in the sun during the day, evening. Hotsweatymess.com. You use powder to highlight? What? Twinkle_Twinkle you're my star...
pretty.gif

montREALady

Btdubs, the MAC MSFN in a shade lighter than your normal shade is the BEST highlighter for a traditional contour/highlight, "I'm referencing a face chart" experience. I use a lighter shade everything. Big swipes of it from cheek to ear, under brows, over brows, down the nose, everything. And when I'm doing a "my face but better" day with a sheer coverage powder (usually MSFN) I dampen my brush a bit and use it under the eye as a powder concealer/highlighter. I also sometimes set concealer with it.
I see what you highlight with here, disregard my other post.

There are MSFN's at the cco I go to. I was looking at Dark Deep...not for highlighting of course. I have to see their lighter shades when I go back. Sounds good.

montREALady

I'm VIBR so besides the Lorac palette I was eyeing from Ulta(which I can probably use my points on) I can get most what I want at Sephora with the 15% ad 7% cash back at mrrebates is a better deal and there was only a couple other items I was looking at(NYX) but I have a $10 off for NYX's site so I figure I'll just get them there. Ulta lost out this time around, LOL.

I haven't tried any BECCA items yet, was thinking of getting Moonstone highlighter.
Yeah so you just reminded me I have a $10 NYX coupon because they effed up once. Oops. The pressure! And I placed an order with them last week and forgot about it then too! OMG just checked, I had a $5 one for my bday that expired on Apr. 1st too. I'm a mess. Yeah, your deal is better with Sephora. I use ebates, Sephora offers 1% more but whatevs.

Try it, I like her stuff I recently realized. I want the Bronzing Skin Perfector.

novocainedreams

Ugh what the heck, I had the MUFE 50 shades blush palette in my cart for the sale and now it's gone, it's not even showing on my loves page as blank/out of stock, just disappeared completely. :-/

Twinkle_Twinkle

@montREALady you do NOT want that Becca Brush. No offense to any of you ladies & gents who have found love with it, but it shed like crazy on me. Here a hair, there a hair, everywhere a hair hair. For $49 I had to return it.
I see what you highlight with here, disregard my other post.

There are MSFN's at the cco I go to. I was looking at Dark Deep...not for highlighting of course. I have to see their lighter shades when I go back. Sounds good.
I use Dark Deepest with a little bit of Deep Dark on top as "my color". It seems counter intuitive, but Dark Deepest is actually a tad lighter and more golden than Deep Dark which is redder. If you look at them side by side you can definitely see it. I love both and Deep Dark is my "fix it" powder. If ever something isn't looking quite right, I dust a bit of Deep Dark on top and it's perfect. I've had many a Tim Gunn "make it work" moment with Deep Dark. And Dark is the shade I use as my all-purpose, natural highlighter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

How is the Too Faced Bronzer in Dark Chocolate working for you ladies with darker skin tones? Just curious.
I swatched this recently and it wasn't really that dark IMO. Honestly the "Chocolate Soleil" looked darker than "Dark Chocolate". It was the saddest thing because the SA had to go in the back to grab it because it was in stock but not on display so she watched me swatch it on my hand and then said "Blend it out, it's meant to be blended" and I blended, and we both just kind of looked at each other like "Welp…". Maybe it looks better on the face. I didn't have any hope for it after that swatch but I hope you have better luck!

Knowing myself and my bronzer addiction, I'll probably re-swatch it just to be absolutely sure that it's not for me, lol.

stephshopaholic

I'm VIBR so besides the Lorac palette I was eyeing from Ulta(which I can probably use my points on) I can get most what I want at Sephora with the 15% ad 7% cash back at mrrebates is a better deal and there was only a couple other items I was looking at(NYX) but I have a $10 off for NYX's site so I figure I'll just get them there. Ulta lost out this time around, LOL. I haven't tried any BECCA items yet, was thinking of getting Moonstone highlighter.
I recently got moonstone and blushed copper moonstone is very pretty but I was using the urban decay highlighters before and they are more in your face and glittery so moonstone is a lot more subtle to me I guess lol but I do like the sheen it gives my cheekbones. Blushed copper is so pretty I use it as a blush and it's the prettiest glowy blush. I want to get opal next.

montREALady

@montREALady  you do NOT want that Becca Brush. No offense to any of you ladies & gents who have found love with it, but it shed like crazy on me. Here a hair, there a hair, everywhere a hair hair. For $49 I had to return it.  I use Dark Deepest with a little bit of Deep Dark on top as "my color". It seems counter intuitive, but Dark Deepest is actually a tad lighter and more golden than Deep Dark which is redder. If you look at them side by side you can definitely see it. I love both and Deep Dark is my "fix it" powder. If ever something isn't looking quite right, I dust a bit of Deep Dark on top and it's perfect. I've had many a Tim Gunn "make it work" moment with Deep Dark. And Dark is the shade I use as my all-purpose, natural highlighter.  
Really re the brush. Bummer. You had the regular or le? It seems like my color but I was wondering if I "needed" it, lol. Do you use foundation as well? Or just these for everyday along with the Becca ssp?

montREALady

I recently got moonstone and blushed copper moonstone is very pretty but I was using the urban decay highlighters before and they are more in your face and glittery so moonstone is a lot more subtle to me I guess lol but I do like the sheen it gives my cheekbones. Blushed copper is so pretty I use it as a blush and it's the prettiest glowy blush. I want to get opal next.
Those UD ones were definite glitter bombs when I swatched them! Looove Blushed Copper! I have Opal from the Best of Becca kit from Ulta. I need to use it more. They sell the travel size if you want to try it btw. Sure you already know that http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11621005&skuId=2284473&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=330000200000215861&catargetid=330000200000189597&cadevice=m&gclid=CjwKEAjwjKOpBRChjsTyicbFy3QSJADP1gTNzF33L7RzTGj-tpY2ASTB85nThlyIWSr1xiOjLZoGRRoCPQXw_wcB#

purplerinne

yay order placed...not all exciting just got another kvd liner, dior lip balm, a travel size of the smashbox water primer and ole Hendrickson eye cream. I had more but placed the order with ulta since it was 20%

AnastasiaRuth

Ordered! I was eyeing some It Cosmetics for Ulta brushes but I decided to wait for them, and placed my order for Sephora, because it will come around again.