All Things Sephora

ShareeA

Update on the MUFE Smoothing Primer. It worked like a charm :) Blurring and mattifying. I would also say that it kept my face slightly moisturized (I had moisturizer under it) as well because with the setting spray I use my foundation can get a little dry feeling. I wore the smoothing primer for about six hours and only had to blot after four. I will say that I like the way it applied and felt better than the mattifying but I'm going to pay for the mattifying before getting the smoothing because I am oily and I didn't have to really blot with the mattifying primer. Next I will try the nourishing. Anyone mixed these yet?

thefbomb

Can't wait to see everyone's hauls! I'm about to leave for the event and I'm excited to get my hands on some goodies

montREALady

I had the regular Becca brush, not the LE one, but the only difference is the color of the handle.  I use the MSFN as foundation. I buff it in with a dense brush (I use the black handled Sonia Kaschuk blush brush - I have so much love for that brush - but a kabuki or the like works well) and it gives slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. In the past when I've had foundations or powders that didn't quite match I used Deep Dark to "fix" them. I imagine that you could also use them over a BB or CC or over TM for more coverage. I guess whether or not you need it depends on what you like in terms of coverage. I really tried to reduce my foundation/base products in the last couple of years and so I get a lot of use out of them, but that's just me. I tend to grab them when I'm running low on time but I want something on my face, and for me using a powder is always faster than using a liquid. I also use them to blend out boo-boo/oops areas where I messed something up. If you don't like sheer/light coverage I would probably skip them or just get Dark as an all-purpose natural highlighter.
I use that brush for my current mineral powder. Well from her le purple/gold set. I stopped with heavy coverage nearly 10 yrs ago, moving to mineral, bb creams, mousses and tinted moisturizers (mainly Avon). I like a powder for a light dusting to get rid of shine after those products so I may try the msfn's.

montREALady

I like it because you get cash for points instead, right now I have 400 points which equal $12. I'd rather have that than some tiny bottle of hand cream or something. Same with Nordstrom, for every 1000 points I get on my card I get a $20 note.
I agree on both counts. I have about 300something Ulta points. I'll cash out for something expensive that I want.

khhmakeup

Can't wait to see everyone's hauls! I'm about to leave for the event and I'm excited to get my hands on some goodies
How was the Eaton Centre event?? I guess I made the wrong call with Bloor Street.... although I was right about it not being busy, they also gave NO samples or gift with purchases. The SA's are?were super nice at that location but I was hoping for something more. We had Starbucks coffee and some quinoa cookies (which I didn't eat, but they were there for the taking).

Vineetha

So I went to the Rouge event! It was okay, pretty crowded but compared to the Holiday one
noworry.gif
They did have a brow bar and then a hair styling booth etc but I didnt hang out for long since I made most of my purchases online except for some skincare. The sample bag had few random shampoo and perfume samples and a full size formula X Polish!!

montREALady

now THATS a deal I can appreciate!!! Sephora needs to take notes. I dnt shop ulta often cuz I do Sephora but I think i'll start venturing off there for those kinda perks!!
I didn't do Ulta often because there isn't one in Brooklyn or Manhattan but you best believe I found the closest one in Queens to get that Becca kit and realized it's not too far so I'll be shopping there more often. Also their free shipping min is $50 and sometimes I just want a few things. So that irks me. But if I know I'll spend over that I'll order from there, Sephora to use my flash shipping and quick things I need since they're all over the city.

montREALady

How was the Eaton Centre event?? I guess I made the wrong call with Bloor Street.... although I was right about it not being busy, they also gave NO samples or gift with purchases. The SA's are?were super nice at that location but I was hoping for something more. We had Starbucks coffee and some quinoa cookies (which I didn't eat, but they were there for the taking).
Quinoa cookies?! I'm sorry but that's an oxymoron to me. I'm like mad about it. Lol. I miss the T-Dot. Haven't been since I moved from Montreal.

Jaymuhlee

I ordered a few things but nothing too crazy this round. A cologne for my husband's upcoming birthday, MUFE #128 Powder Brush, the Kaplan MD lip duo, and YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat. Mrrebates has 7% cash back so don't forget to use it! Ebates is only 4% at the moment.

montREALady

That's basically what I do. I just bought a elf brush that looks like the MAC face brush that just came out in the MIB collection. That works nice with blending it out. My routine isn't intense either. I bought the fx contour kit but I took it back. Nice but too much work for everyday. Plus the warm weather is coming and I wear less because it just gets too hot for all that makeup. It feels like your face is melting. Lol.
The long blending one? I never noticed an elf one like that. In their studio line?

Twinkle_Twinkle

I didn't do Ulta often because there isn't one in Brooklyn or Manhattan but you best believe I found the closest one in Queens to get that Becca kit and realized it's not too far so I'll be shopping there more often. Also their free shipping min is $50 and sometimes I just want a few things. So that irks me. But if I know I'll spend over that I'll order from there, Sephora to use my flash shipping and quick things I need since they're all over the city.
Oooo Queens, see now that's not bad!! When I put in my zip looking for the nearest location all of these NJ locations popped up and I was wondering if Ulta was like Walmart in that NYC was just not about it. I know those location finders are just trying doing what they are supposed to do but I find them very unhelpful living here. I am not going to take a crosstown bus to the UES ever, I'd rather (and have) go to BX or BK than take that bus so whenever I see E. "fill in the blank" St. it's like "Annnnttt wrong!" and then I always get 5 NJ locations before I see one I can actually get to in the fastest and most convenient way, lol.

I think I might start shopping at Beauty.com. They have 5% cash back, you can also check out with drugstore.com, which pretty much as Target prices, free shipping over $35 and Temptalia always has a $15 of $75 first order coupon.

boschicka

Oooo Queens, see now that's not bad!! When I put in my zip looking for the nearest location all of these NJ locations popped up and I was wondering if Ulta was like Walmart in that NYC was just not about it. I know those location finders are just trying doing what they are supposed to do but I find them very unhelpful living here. I am not going to take a crosstown bus to the UES ever, I'd rather (and have) go to BX or BK than take that bus so whenever I see E. "fill in the blank" St. it's like "Annnnttt wrong!" and then I always get 5 NJ locations before I see one I can actually get to in the fastest and most convenient way, lol.

I think I might start shopping at Beauty.com. They have 5% cash back, you can also check out with drugstore.com, which pretty much as Target prices, free shipping over $35 and Temptalia always has a $15 of $75 first order coupon.
If you use Mr Rebates for Beauty.com, they have been offering $11 off $55 too! Doesn't have to be your first order.

thefbomb

I think we had the same cookies but we had David's Tea and water bottles. I didn't get any gifts with purchase but I got some good samples. I got samples of Philosophy Hope in a Jar, Rollerlash, Urban Decay prep spray b3 or whatever it's called and the TF Hangover RX!

Ernie

I got a lot of them too!  Just Cuivre and Dore were gone instantly.  A number of them now say Only A Few Left.  It's ok.  They aren't too expensive and I can get them at Barney's still.
Do you have some already? I use the Z palette to store them, the empty palette Surratt has is expensive and doesn't hold a lot.

Ernie

Oooo Queens, see now that's not bad!! When I put in my zip looking for the nearest location all of these NJ locations popped up and I was wondering if Ulta was like Walmart in that NYC was just not about it.  I know those location finders are just trying doing what they are supposed to do but I find them very unhelpful living here. I am not going to take a crosstown bus to the UES ever, I'd rather (and have) go to BX or BK than take that bus so whenever I see E. "fill in the blank" St. it's like "Annnnttt wrong!" and then I always get 5 NJ locations before I see one I can actually get to in the fastest and most convenient way, lol.  I think I might start shopping at Beauty.com. They have 5% cash back, you can also check out with drugstore.com, which pretty much as Target prices, free shipping over $35 and Temptalia always has a $15 of $75 first order coupon. 
I live in Queens, I don't like the Ulta in Rego Park, but there is a fairly new one in Glendale that is fantastic. I drive there because it is out of the way.