All Things Sephora

KiKi Kontour

Has anyone tried Caudalie's Beauty Elixir and Grape Water? Is it worth getting both? I'm exchanging a perfume I got as a gift and I'm trying to find something to add on to what I'm already getting that's minimum $30CAD to match the exchange value. Any other suggestions?
i literally spritz both of em on my face before work lol. i cant give u an in depth review but i'll say the grape water is sorta how my evian one is (am i retarded for having those lol) so dont look for it to moisturize or anything and the beauty elixir i think i'll like becuz of the oils in them! i'll consistenly use em the rest of the week but i got the small $10 bottle for the grape water! it's honestly nothing i'd repurchase again tho.

speaking of skin care...has anyone tried supergoop? i was thinking of tryin a good sunscreen. i already use josie moran spf ONLY for my face but i need something for my arms n legs. ever since i entered the wonderful world of motherhood 8 yrs ago the sun tears me up to the point i go beyond sun burn n get sun **cue BBD song** POISON!!!
WTF2.gif
to the point i get tiny red bumps n need a cortizone shot.

does the armani code for the lip set still work? im gonna go head n order this infamous makeup rag remover to see if it's worth the hype!! i honestly dnt have anything else i wanna grab from sephora lately....i need another dmn sale to hurry up so i can try those givenchy lippies!

Medgal07

Have any of you ladies used the code VIBEXTRA or the MANUP one? These are the codes for the mini perfumes. If so, how were they? I'd love to hear your thoughts as I am debating about getting these...
heart.gif
I got the fragrance bags a couple of weeks ago----both, but I haven't yet touched them.

Medgal07

i literally spritz both of em on my face before work lol. i cant give u an in depth review but i'll say the grape water is sorta how my evian one is (am i retarded for having those lol) so dont look for it to moisturize or anything and the beauty elixir i think i'll like becuz of the oils in them! i'll consistenly use em the rest of the week but i got the small $10 bottle for the grape water! it's honestly nothing i'd repurchase again tho.

speaking of skin care...has anyone tried supergoop? i was thinking of tryin a good sunscreen. i already use josie moran spf ONLY for my face but i need something for my arms n legs. ever since i entered the wonderful world of motherhood 8 yrs ago the sun tears me up to the point i go beyond sun burn n get sun **cue BBD song** POISON!!!
WTF2.gif

does the armani code for the lip set still work? im gonna go head n order this infamous makeup rag remover to see if it's worth the hype!! i honestly dnt have anything else i wanna grab from sephora lately....i need another dmn sale to hurry up so i can try those givenchy lippies!
I can't decide which GLs I want!
sigh.gif
BTW, I use the Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid, SPF 50. I used the code for the Armani trio a week ago---you can
always try it---see if they have any left at this point.

Twinkle_Twinkle

WTF2.gif

Shiseido. I used to their Face & Body on my face only but if I could afford it I would use it all over. I used their Urban Defense on my face.

Howards End

I'm not sure I like the Shiseido sunscreen. It leaves a white cast on me that I have to really massage in.
I hate when sunscreens do that, that's why I switched to the Lancôme one. Also Estée Lauder had an excellent 50 SPF facial sunscreen (with also no white cast) but it seems to have been disc

Monsy

I never had problem with shiseido . lancome bienfait is phenomenal it's so lightweight and no white cast for sure.

DMcG9

Clarins has wonderful sun protection products. Both for face and body.
Hey Monsy,
I wanted to thank you for that awesome Lancôme Bienfait UV 50 SPF recommendation. I bought it and love it. It's exactly the weight I wanted for a sunscreen on my face. Pretty happy with it so far.

Shars

Do you have the same experience? I even tried mixing it with my moisturizer and still had to spend extra time working it into my skin.
Not with that particular brand as I haven't tried it but with others. I'm of a darker/deeper skintone so I really can't deal with a white cast since I tend not to wear full coverage foundations on a daily basis. The Shiseido one was recommended in this thread and I was going to buy it to try but now I think I may try the Lancome one recommended instead. I think I'm darker than you are.

Monsy

Hey Monsy,
I wanted to thank you for that awesome Lancôme Bienfait UV 50 SPF recommendation. I bought it and love it. It's exactly the weight I wanted for a sunscreen on my face. Pretty happy with it so far.

I am so so happy to hear this!!
nanaparty.gif

Yazmin

Not with that particular brand as I haven't tried it but with others. I'm of a darker/deeper skintone so I really can't deal with a white cast since I tend not to wear full coverage foundations on a daily basis. The Shiseido one was recommended in this thread and I was going to buy it to try but now I think I may try the Lancome one recommended instead. I think I'm darker than you are.
I'm NC50. IIRC, I thought you were also.

I will tell you the one sunscreen I've come across so far that I really like: Peter Thomas Roth's Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion. No white cast whatsoever. It's not as high an SPF as the Shiseido (SPF 30 compared to their SPF 50), I'll continue to use this one until I find one with SPF 50 and no white cast on darker skin tones.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'm NW45 and I don't have a problem with a white cast from Shiseido sunscreens. It absorbs pretty quickly without leaving a cast for me when I use it by itself or mixed with moisturizer. *shrugs* When I was searching for a high-end sunscreen a few years ago I did a lot of research and Shiseido consistently came up as a favorite. I like that it is very light and non-greasy, especial the Urban Environmental Oil-Free which dries matte which is some kind of sunscreen miracle.

Shars

I'm NW45 and I don't have a problem with a white cast from Shiseido sunscreens. It absorbs pretty quickly without leaving a cast for me when I use it by itself or mixed with moisturizer. *shrugs* When I was searching for a high-end sunscreen a few years ago I did a lot of research and Shiseido consistently came up as a favorite. I like that it is very light and non-greasy, especial the Urban Environmental Oil-Free which dries matte which is some kind of sunscreen miracle.
Oh nice. Maybe I'll try to get a mini and see. I think Sephora had an SPF code the other day that included the Shiseido one.

DILLIGAF

According to my friend that's a Derm PA, the most SPF anyone needs is 45 or 50. She says that people get too confident with SPF 100 and higher and don't reapply as often as they would with a lower SPF. She also said that after 50 the protection is about the same. So keep that in mind as you get your sunscreens. I'm lazy and my moisturizer has SPF in it already. I like not having to take that extra step.