All Things Sephora

Shars

According to my friend that's a Derm PA, the most SPF anyone needs is 45 or 50. She says that people get too confident with SPF 100 and higher and don't reapply as often as they would with a lower SPF. She also said that after 50 the protection is about the same. So keep that in mind as you get your sunscreens. I'm lazy and my moisturizer has SPF in it already. I like not having to take that extra step.
Okay. Good to know. My (current) moisturiser and my daytime foundation have spf in them but I wouldn't mind something additional or with a higher spf. I don't need to reapply for my day-to-day for my body but I do need something high. I have that car arm tan! My driving hand is darker than the other.... so annoying! lol

phoebeloves

Marvelous Mauve BACK IN STOCK!!!
I ended up picking it up along with the cherry blossom stain to bump up my order to $25 to get the Sunday Riley Luna Oil sample. I'm more excited about the oil sample than the lip stains though. I guess I've waited long enough that I lost the excitement over marvelous mauve...

v0ltagekid

Do you have the same experience? I even tried mixing it with my moisturizer and still had to spend extra time working it into my skin.
my boyfriend always complains that this happens to him.
I haven't tried it on myself but he hates it.

On the other hand their BB cream with sunscreen that's waterproof is amazing, love it!

Monsy

for those not wanting white cast you should try clarins spf40 tinted. it comes in three colors light medium and dark. i love it during the day when i do not want to wear foundation. it gives light coverage and evens out skin tone. it's very lightweight

sagehen

for those not wanting white cast you should try clarins spf40 tinted. it comes in three colors light medium and dark. i love it during the day when i do not want to wear foundation. it gives light coverage and evens out skin tone. it's very lightweight 
Has this product been discontinued? I can't find it on the Clarins website.

Medgal07

cool I might try it.

REALLY? and you kept this from us this WHOLE time???

can't wait to try?

Clear sunblock? As in no white cast?

Thnks for all the sunscreen recs!
lmao.gif
You nut! I've always complained about them!!!
lol.gif

Shars

What kind of finish does it give? Is it dewy?

Shars

If anyone is interested, Stila is offering 25% off sitewide (excluding sale items) until 7pm EST i.e. for the next hour and a half with code "HAPPYHOUR" along with their usual free shipping over $50.

Ajigglin

According to my friend that's a  Derm PA, the most SPF anyone needs is 45 or 50. She says that people get too confident with SPF 100 and higher and don't reapply as often as they would with a lower SPF. She also said that after 50 the protection is about the same. So keep that in mind as you get your sunscreens. I'm lazy and my moisturizer has SPF in it already. I like not having to take that extra step.
I've also heard this, except the SPF was 30.

Rinstar

I just got a new sunscreen from Dermstore... Elta MD UV Clear, it's supposed to be clear zinc. I'll keep you posted on how I like it. Currently using Josie Maran SPF 47 and like it a lot, but I could see some people getting a white cast.

meka72

This is the sunscreen that I use. I buy it from DermStore or similar type site whenever there's a sale and free shipping. I think I pay $24-27. I really like it and only get a slight white cast if I use too much. I just mist with a moisturizing toner and completely rub it into skin. But like I said, I normally don't get the white cast. I'm NW45-NC50.
I just got a new sunscreen from Dermstore... Elta MD UV Clear, it's supposed to be clear zinc. I'll keep you posted on how I like it. Currently using Josie Maran SPF 47 and like it a lot, but I could see some people getting a white cast.

Gaiya

The "white cast" is most likely due to physical sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide... they provide a physical barrier between the skin and the sun (so the white cast makes sense). So I suggest avoiding these ingredients if you want something that doesn't cause a white cast.

I've personally used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch with Helioplex sunblock under my foundation. I like it cause it's not greasy. In order to get good sun screen benefit, you need a product that says "broadspectrum coverage" with at least SPF 35 (that is the minimum for manufacturers to claim "protects against skin cancer"). I don't know for certain if cosmetics with SPF are broad spectrum. There hasn't been much proven benefit going over SPF 50, but it's probably not harmful.

It is recommended to reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours... (no matter how high your SPF is) which isn't really practical when you're wearing makeup. I try to wear a wide brimmed hat instead of relying solely on the sunscreen.

Hope the information helps. Whoo pharmacy school.

Gaiya

Also side rant/question about being Rouge.

I'm really annoyed with the Rouge program. The free shipping isn't really a perk anymore due to the 2day shipping for a year thing for $10... and the only worthwhile perk I received during my two years of being Rouge was the full sized Dior lipstick I know not a lot of people were lucky to claim.

I've noticed some Rouge members get "just because" gifts for being active in the sephora community.
How active do you have to be to received gifts? If it's like 500 posts, nevermind lol.