Barbie loves MAC Discussion

girlstar

Well.. I am one of those people who collects Barbie, and has a basement full of Ltd. Edition ones still in the box... *blush* so.. I am kinda looking forward to this. I mean, if they use vintage Barbie as the inspiration, I think we will get a lot of highly coveted items.

.VivaDiva.

^ Yup me to I have my barbie collection in storage.. I still have my Barbies from the 80's. vintage Barbie is hot and Im pretty confident that MAC will make do a good Job.

~VD

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
hmmm... i thought MAC was all about representing 'alternative' beauty, people who are gorgeous, yet not cookie-cutter gorgeous. i feel like barbie totally contradicts that.

this is a little disappointing, to be honest...

You're so right! I would probably just buy the blush if it was hot pink. I bet the packaging will be cute.

Sophia84

Maybe they will be TLCs like the Disney ones, or some new lipglosses, I don't know why but I smell lipglosses for this Barbie collection.

YvetteJeannine

I think it's kinda' a fun idea! It certainly isn't anything we've ever seen before
winks.gif

Aprilrobin

When I worked for Demeter, "Barbie" attempted to partner with us and thus the packaging was my job. The deal never made it to complete fruition but, Mattel tried to keep the consumer of the product in mind, not so much "barbie fans".

My guess would be this line will mainly be centered around some deluxe retro style girly packaging.

katie_070405

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
judging by how barbie has released dolls in the past when working with designers... the barbie is fashioned after the designer, not vice versa... so instead of seeing a bunch of bright pink MAC stuff, we'll probably see a doll dressed in all black with wild makeup on.

omg......first of all, I think mac will do a good job tailoring this collection to an adult audience. I will probably buy alot from this collection (especially if it is pink). Second, I love the idea of a barbie dressed in all black with wild makeup and possibly a mac traincase. Oh.....I would buy that doll in a heartbeat and I'm not even a collector. I think the idea of a barbie dressed as a mac mua gets me more excited than the collection does. Lets pray they make one.

greatscott2000

I think the vintage Barbie idea is great! I think it has more appeal than say.. Malibu Barbie. I trust that the collabo will be a good collection otherwise.

bottleblack

Hm...my first thought was "yuck", but some good suggestions have been made. I'm curious to see what comes of it.

Jacq-i

I agree with some of the comments...

I love vintage Barbie. I think that compacts and cases would be ADORABLE. I love hot pink, and pink in general... I hope its all shades of pink and red, with loads of gltter, in vintage cases! :-D

HotLady1970

I mean let's face it....there's a collection every year that's aimed for the (hmm let me say it politically correct....) more mature MAC customer
smiles.gif
so why shouldn't there be a collection for all the future MAC clients?
smiles.gif

Cocktail_party

I think this collaboration sounds cool and I can't wait to see what creative ideas they'll come up with
smiles.gif
And besides, pink is my favourite colour so if they use a lot of it it can't be too far off the mark for me, haha.

Eilinoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylen
Dude. They need to partner MAC and JEM. w00t!

YES! How awesome would that be?
clap.gif

Ms. Z

I love Barbie & I'm excited to see what they come up with. I am sure that it won't be items you see on the regular children's play dolls, but the Barbies aimed for the adult collector.

attacuswings

I agree that a vintage Barbie collection would be very interesting to see. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in some Malibu Barbie style items too, though. I think a lot of people would love a Barbie pink lipglass.

I agree with the comments about Bratz dolls - I hate those things! They look so trashy.

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylen
Dude. They need to partner MAC and JEM. w00t!

Oooh, they could have two sub-colour stories - one for Jem and the Holograms.. and one for the Misfits!
greengrin.gif

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
Oooh, they could have two sub-colour stories - one for Jem and the Holograms.. and one for the Misfits!
greengrin.gif

Oh my god!!! That would be so awsome!! My whole life was GEM and the misfits when I was young...MAC, if you're listening, please make us happy!
smiles.gif

Latest posts