Barbie loves MAC Discussion

V2LUCKY

Why is everyone hatin on Bratz? I thought the collabo was with Barbie NOT Bratz, why would they even be brought up?

IMO I LOVE Barbie and I know MAC will do something cool and edgy with this collection, whether it be vintage Barbie or something bubble gum pink (like some of you suggested), just have faith people.

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedriCCentriC
to launch worldwide in the spring.

Worldwide?! REALLY?! Europe too?! That would be awesome! Can't wait!
cheerleader.gif

Well, MAC and Hello Kitty would be like... nooooooo I dont even wanna go there, being a Hello Kitty Addict and a Macoholic...
eyelove.gif

I dont really see where the problem is, this is just another collection, if you don't like it, it'll pass...and I know there's going to be plenty of nice collections after this one that will be the complete opposite of what Barbie stands for... and thats what MAC stands for, variety! (IMHO)

blueyesdancing

Of the top of my head, I expect that this will have something to do with the spring launch that is always geared towards younger girls during prom season...like this year's Sweetie Cake.

liquidsirenhoney

i'm really curious how this will work out...but i doubt if i will ever buy anything i never liked barbie as a young girl i was always trying to dye her hair or make her look different.

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
So true!! Especially this early in the game! I can't see MAC doing anything crazy like making the packaging hot pink plastic with Barbie's face on it or anything haha. I trust them to put out good products!

I agree too! but hot pink packaging (sans barbies face of course) would be rad!
smiles.gif

i <3 pink.

hotti82

MAC's values and in my opinion, its whole philosophy took the backseat when Lauder took over; i can't see this happenning with old-school MAC, but Barbie and Lauder sounds about right...

EmbalmerBabe

yeah!Jem would be great! I can't wait to see the Barbie collection
I hope it is cool and not all lame and cheesy.

txt_eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Is it just me or is MAC Trying to appeal to the younger *ie: Tweens* group? with all the disney, barbie etc?

Not really... I'm 20 and I love that sorta things... and you see 18-25yrs in Disney store all the time... it cute!

Barbie MAC sounds funky... ooo more lipgloss!
PINK AND GLITTERY!!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

MAC Beau

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
judging by how barbie has released dolls in the past when working with designers... the barbie is fashioned after the designer, not vice versa... so instead of seeing a bunch of bright pink MAC stuff, we'll probably see a doll dressed in all black with wild makeup on.

OMG BINGO!!!! LOL I was waiting for someone to guess right!
clap.gif
I can confirm to all of you that the Barbie and MAC collabo will be the introduction of a MAC Barbie!!! What do you think? Isn't that going to be fun?! I'm soooo buying 3! Unfortunately, there will not yet be a MAC Ken
ssad.gif

Warm Regards,
Your neighborly MAC Artist

ben

i just noticed that on the mac site under looks BARBIE LOVES MAC is listed but when i click on the link it does not open : o (

blm-vi.jpg

sorry about the tiny image...if you look closely though you can see the link

lsperry

Barbie Loves MAC @ mac.com

Under the "Looks" Category is "Barbie Loves MAC". I can't get it to work. It just goes to the other collection templates. Must be another "glitch" on the website.

But I can't wait to see what they've come up with!!

DaizyDeath

their just updateing and testing the site today.
it will probably be a couple weeks before they actually have that up.

and btw site tests happen every other week usually on monday - wen. thats why we usually have all the problems with clicking links on those days.

musicdust

Yeah I told a customer service person that it was on the site and the next thing I know they took it down!! Oh well.

asnbrb

I'm sorry, I was the kind of child who got more fun out of mutilating my Barbies instead of dressing them up and doing their hair. I used to rip off their heads and attempt to reattach arms to legs and stuff.

Hm... Would explain my facination with CSI now, huh?

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
i just noticed that on the mac site under looks BARBIE LOVES MAC is listed but when i click on the link it does not open : o (

sorry about the tiny image...if you look closely though you can see the link

I don't see it.

Latest posts