Barbie loves MAC Discussion

PrettyinPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylen
Dude. They need to partner MAC and JEM. w00t!

That would be hot! Could you imagine the packaging?!?!

PrettyinPink

greengrin.gif
I personally think that MAC couldn't have come up with a bigger and better way to make me happy! Barbie was my best friend as a child, even though she was just a doll. I love coming home from school everyday to play with my Barbie's. She has been an inspiration too many girls. I've loved and always will love Barbie and as an adult now, I still have all my dolls and to see MAC, my fav cosmetics line) colaberate with Barbie (my childhood best friend), it's like a dream come true! I would have never thought of this. It seems like a great idea and MAC never disappionts the women and men who wear their comsmetics, and Mattel never disappoints the children who play with their toys.
As for the Bratz dolls comments, yeah, I agree with a lot of other view points here...those dolls are FUGLY!

lara

Without getting into the socio-feminist merits of a Barbie collection, I will say that the prospect of getting some great Barbie pink lipsticks is A+++++.

As for Bratz dolls, I can't see any positives in a range of dolls that promote ethnic stereotypes (a sociological paper I read recently made mention of the dolls being directly modelled on the twin stereotypes of Latina 'hoochies' and African-American video girls), where the hottest accessory is a tanning bed for the Baby Bratz line (I can't even begin to tell you what's wrong with that) and, as insignificant as it sounds, came with little g-strings/thongs in their boxed outfits. This is all for a line that's marketed to the 4-10 year-old market, remember.
It might be trite and a bit hackneyed, but it still remains that for all her negatives, Barbie at least did something. For all her shopping accessory packs, make-over parties and beach house kits, she was also a student, a doctor, a teacher, an astronaut... Mattel imbued Barbie with aspirations beyond shopping and Ken.
smiles.gif

But really, it's all about the bright, bright lipsticks.
winks.gif

mezzamy

mmm i can just imagine this collection being filled with all shades of pink imaginable, with the bright 'barbie' pink lipstick being the centerpiece. i cant wait. i think it'll be fab

Hawkeye

Is it just me or is MAC Trying to appeal to the younger *ie: Tweens* group? with all the disney, barbie etc?

Maybe they are trying to gain new customers for the ones they are losing with all their LE crap?

Who knows. Oh well, I'll pass!

Ella_

I really like the idea of this. Especially if they focus on vintage Barbie like I hope they will.
I can see it now, retro matte lipsticks in bright barbie pink, and pastel pinks and peach shades. Hmmmm lovley...

enka

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
hmmm... i thought MAC was all about representing 'alternative' beauty, people who are gorgeous, yet not cookie-cutter gorgeous. i feel like barbie totally contradicts that.

this is a little disappointing, to be honest...

Same with me. I sometimes look very feminine or dolled-up, sometimes really bossy (I rum my own IT-service), but never ever like cookie-cutting barbie.

So I'll pass on this collection...

peaudane

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Is it just me or is MAC Trying to appeal to the younger *ie: Tweens* group? with all the disney, barbie etc?

Maybe they are trying to gain new customers for the ones they are losing with all their LE crap?

Who knows. Oh well, I'll pass!

I think it's more directed toward the "kiddult" crowd. Grownups who like to collect cute objects that remind them of their childhood. That's exactly the effect Disney characters and Barbie have on me.

Joke

I agree with some above ... I don't see a difference with the Playboy collection ...
I don't think I'll be buying tho ... wait and see

kimmy

yeah, i really don't see how Barbie contradicts the "all ages, all sexes, all races" thing. i've had Barbies since i was like 2, so i know that for at least the past 16 years, there have been Barbies of all ages, sexes and races...
hmm.gif
personally, i'm pretty excited for this..maybe we'll get a collection of MAC Barbies and Barbie-inpsired MAC. it could be fun
smiles.gif

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLLface
It would be soo cool if they did something with Jem.

iagree.gif
!!

Starbright211

Never write off a collection you haven't seen in person... I have made up my mind about collections several times, just seeing the colors posted here or on MAC.com, but when I get to the counter, it's ALWAYS a different story.
There may be some really beautiful colors that look great on all of us, no matter how we feel about Barbie or Bratz.
I am hoping for some pink glittery packaging, or maybe black, but with pink glitter in it!!! <3

BabyFu18

I think it'll be interesting if it happens, I'm all for pink lipsticks, glosses, TLCs, etc. And like someone else said, I'm willing to bet it'd be based off of vintage barbie.

bellaetoile

i loved barbies.
i think a mac/barbie collaboration COULD be very good.
i hope they think it through, realize it's potential, and come out with a good collection.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Juliet&Rambo*
No way! I can't imagine how the palet will look like??!?!

I'll skip this one.. :p

Barbie wore alot of neutral eyeshadows, so i'm guessing if there is an e/s pallete, it won't be terribly ugly
winks.gif
and when she wasn't wearing neutrals, the colours she wore did usually match
greengrin.gif

i didn't even think of pallettes, i would be so stoked to see a hot pink lip pallette!

Katial8r

Ok, I'm coming out of the closet......
tong.gif
opout:

I am a BARBIE LOVER!
th_wink3.gif

No, seriously I am. Always have and always will be. To me Barbie was PERFECT. So what? What about most of the movie/tv stars out there? Don't they look perfect too? So, what are we going to do? Start boycotting VIVA GLAM and ICON as well?
rofl.gif
Yeah, right!

redambition

it sounds cool
smiles.gif
i loved my barbies, and when i was young there wasn't much in the way of barbie spinoff products (fragrances, makeup, accessories and clothes etc). it would be great to get a spinoff item at my age.

as for bratz - ugh. to me, bratz are the paris hiltons of the doll world.

(i do not hold paris in high esteem.)

Latest posts