Best MAC Foundation?

yc2405

Although I love wearing MAC, I've yet to try any of their foundations. They seem to have a lot to choose from & I've no idea which would be best. I've been wearing Benefit's Non-Fiction foundation for years but i'm starting to think I could be getting better coverage from something else & would like to start using a MAC instead.
I'm not into compacts, but of the liquids ones on the website I saw, I liked Face & Body / Hyper Real SPF15 / Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 / Select SPF 15.
Any shared experiences would be great? Also, is there much of a price difference between each of the ones I mentioned?

Susanne

Where do you come from? Here are the US $ prices:

Studio Fix Fluid $ 25.00
Face & Body $ 31.00
Hyper Real $ 27.00
Select SPF 15 $ 25.00

I have combination skin and I can really recommend Studio Fix Fluid. It has a great coverage and is long-wearing.

Leila_Lei

Face & Body is hands down the best MAC foundation IMHO. It's water-resistant, you can build coverage and the bottle lasts for much longer than the other liquid foundations that MAC offers!

It's my HG!

And here are the prices that I took from the UK website:
Studio Fix Fluid £19.00 30ml
Face & Body £23.00 30ml
Hyper Real £19.00 120ml
Select SPF 15 £18.00 30ml

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by yc2405
Ireland....where all the MAC is soooo much expensive!

LOL... the same here!

Bernadette

What kind of skin do you have? What kind of coverage do you want? What kind of finish do you want (matte, dewy etc.)?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Let me try and break it down for you!

Face & Body is a MAC store exclusive, and is a beautiful foundation that can be used on, guess what? The face and body! It has a gentle metallic-dewy finish that is very pretty. It has a really low coverage so it's more of a tint for the skin. Adds a healthy glow to skin. I love it on normal or a little drier skin because it really adds a soft moistness to the skin if that makes any sense. Makes it look healthy. NOT for oily skins. You can definitely wear it if you have oily skin, but it can tend to look oily or wet if you get really oily throughout the day.

Hyper Real SPF 15 is similar to Face & Body, but available at all MAC locations. It has a more noticable pearlescent glowy finish than F&B, but it has a similar coverage. It also contains SPF. It's a little more flashy and glowy than the other one, but it looks gorgeous on drier skins as well. NOT for oily skins.

Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 is a liquid with a medium-full coverage and is buildable. It is great for any skintype, though I prefer it on more oily skins because it helps balance it out since it's a natural matte finish. It contains SPF 15. I especially love this for break outs. It's very gentle and does not feel heavy at all, but gives a great coverage that will make anyone breaking out a flawless face. What I wear everyday.

Select SPF 15 is similar to Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15. They both share a natural-matte finish, as well as SPF protection. Where they differ most importantly, though, is the coverage. Whereas Fix is more of a full coverage makeup, Select is a lowmedium to medium coverage. It is, however, buildable, so if you don't need alot of coverage, but frequently need a little more coverage in a few places, it is achievable by putting a few light layers as necessary in some places. Very lovely on dry and oily skins since it is a little more moisturizing than Fix, but has a beautiful matte finish.

I hope that helped!!

juliankrby

I'd recommend not trying the studio fix fluid it breaks out a lot of people including myself I don't know why it does this but it really breaks out the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. My HG is studio tech its a cream and doesn't break me out its got natural emollients in it and is good. HTH
smiles.gif

p.s. studio tech has excellent coverage too
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I swear by Studio Fix Fluid. Honestly, my face has never been clearer than since I have started using SFF. I have an oily T-zone (forehead and nose) and this help with the oil. I need very minimal touch ups with blot powder 1-2x a day and that's in the Florida heat! It is lightweight, with great coverage, and the bottle lasts me 5-6 months. You don't need much at all. It is my HG foundation, and as long as MAC makes it, I will wear it!
smiles.gif

juliankrby

different strokes for different folks, lol no actually everyone is different really I'm not saying it will break you out but its a known fact a lot of women have used sff and have broken out really badly from it however there are some women that just don't break out from it so its really a hit or miss kind of thing but just from my experience with it I will never purchase it again

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliankrby
different strokes for different folks, lol no actually everyone is different really I'm not saying it will break you out but its a known fact a lot of women have used sff and have broken out really badly from it however there are some women that just don't break out from it so its really a hit or miss kind of thing but just from my experience with it I will never purchase it again

Actually, I was very hesitant to purchase this because EVERYTHING breaks me out. I am really lucky that it works for me though. I love it. I think alot of people break out because of the SPF in it. I usually have a problem with it, but not in this case
th_dunno.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliankrby
I'd recommend not trying the studio fix fluid it breaks out a lot of people including myself I don't know why it does this but it really breaks out the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. My HG is studio tech its a cream and doesn't break me out its got natural emollients in it and is good. HTH
smiles.gif

p.s. studio tech has excellent coverage too
smiles.gif

Weird, Studio Tech breaks me out, whereas Studio Fix Fluid does not. o__o

Caramel_QT

I'm beginning to wonder if my beloved Tech is breaking me out too...I don't typically have acne prone skin, but it's going berzerk right now, and I'm thinking it's either the Studio Tech or maybe the MSF natural??? UGH...

Girl about town

i use studio fix fluid and my skin has never been clearer, (i have acne prone skin) it also lasts all day (i do 12 hour shifts ) x

Kaycee37

It really does depend on your skin...and how long you need coverage for!
I'm super oily and sff is my holy grail!
Tech is really for drier skin types.
Studio Fix Powder is great, when applied with a huge powder brush and a touch of concealer...more for normal skin types...it becomes too oily on me though!
HTH

lipstik

I have normal-to-dry and sensitive (C30) skin and I use Studio Mist in light or MSFN in light medium. No problems and my skin looks great!

miss_supra

What about mositure blend? I am thinking about getting this. I have dry skin which because oily trying to overcome my dry skin problem.

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
What about mositure blend? I am thinking about getting this. I have dry skin which because oily trying to overcome my dry skin problem.

I use Moistureblend daily, and I love it! My skin is extra dry and with this foundation you can't tell at all. Sometimes I wet my sponge or brush for a more lighter application. I love it! I was wondering about Studio Tech, I saw it at Arundel Mills CCO yesterday but I wasn't sure, it seemed really thick and stiff

TDoll

Studio fix fluid is awesome. It has serious staying power and it doesn't cause me to break out!