Chanel Aquarelles collection- new Nieman Marcus exclusive

Neicy

We will use this!!!

Ok, I tried to copy and quote a few people. This site is wonky right now. LOL.

jmarie

Overall I would recommend the triscuit & lippie. They are not really a must have. The triscuit does have more pigment than what can be seen in the online swatches but not much - enough to see a definate light pink vs. taupe on the brush & eye. If you don't have the extra $$ to spend, I would pass on GE & Pink cloud - unless you want a pink highlighter. GE is very nice in texture & application, but the color is not really that unique IMHO. I have seen it elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed review. Maybe, I will actually use my triscuit now.

Haven

^^I also got vanites, but I am somewhat dissapointed with this quad. The colors of the quad are very nice, but I am dissapointed b/c it is not exactly the same as the original vanites quad that I got many years ago. Even the Chanel MUA commented on how it is different than the original which she also has.

Haven

The texture is still really nice. Each of the colors is slightly off from what they were before, and it is hard to describe in words. All of the colors for the previous quad worked well on my warm skintone and made my blue eyes pop. This current quad makes me look like I was punched in the eye.

I purchased the european version of this quad when it was available in the US as a LE, so I only have that to compare it to. I never bought the US version before. I am now on the hunt for a reasonably priced older version of this quad.

Edit: Someone asked me to take down the photos, so I did. Sorry!

Winthrop44

Thanks so much - that's a big help. I'm prone to that "punched in the eye" look too so I share your disappointment.

Haven

I am still going to try to make this quad work for me, but that means using only 1 or 2 colors from it at a time. The old version of the quad was great. I could do an entire look just using that quad. I tried to do a look just with the new vanites quad today, and it was not pretty. I ended up adding some other colors to help look presentable.

Thanks so much - that's a big help. I'm prone to that "punched in the eye" look too so I share your disappointment.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the comments on Vanities. Does that mean I should go and buy the Vanities at my counter quickly before it changes to the new one? Mine are the baked, round ones. Are these going to be changed too?

Haven

The vanites quad that has been re-released in the US is the square shape. I prefer the older palette b/c the colors are much more flattering to my skin tone, and honestly I think that the shadows are of better quality. There are differences (the Chanel MUA called it a "reformulation") in this newer version of the quad compared to the older one. The colors are not the same. Some people did not like the older one though.

I do not think that they are going to reformulate & offer a new version of the baked round palette. I haven't heard that, but you should probably ask your local Chanel MUA just in case.

Winthrop44

Haven, you are an NW20, right? I wonder if it might work any better on an NC skintone? It'll be interesting to see what Cafemakeup and/or Sabrina have to say about it if they do reviews since they are both NCs.

jmarie

Haven, you are an NW20, right? I wonder if it might work any better on an NC skintone? It'll be interesting to see what Cafemakeup and/or Sabrina have to say about it if they do reviews since they are both NCs.

I got it and now prefer it over Prelude. I am NC 30-35 and Chanel VA in B30. I tend to look good in purples and dark blues. For instance, MAC's Contrast looks really good on me.

Haven

This palette may be much better for someone with an NC skintone. I am dissapointed b/c I used to be able to get a nice look from it, and now I get the "punched in the eye look."

I know, however, that some people did not like the old version of this quad at all. Maybe they will be happier now?

Haven

So it sounds like this newer version of the quad is meant for the NC skintone. Like I said before, I am on the hunt for an older quad that will work on me. I am going to try to use parts of this quad in a look today before I consider sending it back. Hopefully it will work b/c I am really not a fan of sending something back.

I got it and now prefer it over Prelude. I am NC 30-35 and Chanel VA in B30. I tend to look good in purples and dark blues. For instance, MAC's Contrast looks really good on me.

I liked Vanites, fell in love when I swatched it, not so much when I saw it. I wear Chanel VA B30 and the colors look good but I am not blending so heavily, just light for work and I am weary of the dark color. I don't own the old version of it so I can't compare but I like the new one.

Winthrop44

Haven, how did it go when you gave it another try? Did you see Cafemakeup's review today:

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/08/19/chanel-vanites-swatches-and-review/

I can see where the shade that she calls the "gold duochrome" shade could definitely look bruisey on anyone. I like the looks of the other 3 shades, and I like the gold duochrome shade at certain angles, but interesting how she points out that it applies on the eye as in the pic with her arm tilted -- looks like major bruisey potential there to me. I think that shade would have to be used very sparingly.

MissTrine

Oh wow, those colors are so off from the original quad (I have the eu-version). The duo-chrome is the one that makes my green eyes look most amazing, and this one in the new would just make me look ill. I am NW20.

Haven, how did it go when you gave it another try? Did you see Cafemakeup's review today:
http://cafemakeup.com/2011/08/19/chanel-vanites-swatches-and-review/

I can see where the shade that she calls the "gold duochrome" shade could definitely look bruisey on anyone. I like the looks of the other 3 shades, and I like the gold duochrome shade at certain angles, but interesting how she points out that it applies on the eye as in the pic with her arm tilted -- looks like major bruisey potential there to me. I think that shade would have to be used very sparingly.