Chanel Aquarelles collection- new Nieman Marcus exclusive

Neicy

How are you guys liking this collection? I have it all . but have not used the powder. I do not want to touch it. I have some Chanel LE powders that I like to stare at. LOL.

Yes. I am one of the nuts that bought the Byzantine palette to collect!

I first bought Pink Cloud early in the year and it is so light. Very very pale color, same as the lippie. Very pretty but soft.

elegant-one

^^Hi sweet Elegant!! How was your trip?? Did the kids love your "orange" theme for their birthdays??
I have been busy getting the girls ready for back to school -- you would not believe how much I have spent in school supplies alone
icon_eek.gif
I much prefer the clothes/shoe shopping for them!!
Are you getting anything from this collection?? I wish the blush and highlighter had more color!

Oh my dear Michelle! I just now saw this - sorry
bouquet.gif

Yes, they love everything & devoured the orange drop coolies right away ;) The kids are so much fun & full of life & energy - makes us so happy.

Oh no, back to school. And you have a little one starting kindergarten
cry.gif
th_cheerup.gif
I cannot even imagine how much all the back to school costs these days.

Nope, I haven't bought a thing
icon_eek.gif
& now after reading about everything, I probably will not get anything
thud.gif
and everybody gasps
girlhaha.gif

Bonitinha

Yes, they love everything & devoured the orange drop coolies right away ;) The kids are so much fun & full of life & energy - makes us so happy.

Oh no, back to school. And you have a little one starting kindergarten
cry.gif
th_cheerup.gif
I cannot even imagine how much all the back to school costs these days.

Nope, I haven't bought a thing
icon_eek.gif
& now after reading about everything, I probably will not get anything
thud.gif
and everybody gasps
girlhaha.gif
So glad the kids liked everything! Sounds like you had a fabulous time :)
We did more back to school shopping today -- I am wondering how much more shopping my girls can possibly do?? LOL I'm going to cut them off so I can save for the Holiday collection!
I know, I think this is the first collection that I haven't bought anything from since I became Chanel obsessed. Well, the Holiday collection won't know what hit it when we get our hand on it. . .
amuse.gif

shootergirlnc

I've been the same way with my powder! Then again, Elaina has made it to where I haven't left the house in 2 days, (colic) so I've been going barefaced and haven't needed to test drive it yet! Thanks for the info on Pink Cloud. I've been debating it, but if it's really sheer, I'll pass.

How are you guys liking this collection? I have it all . but have not used the powder. I do not want to touch it. I have some Chanel LE powders that I like to stare at. LOL.

I first bought Pink Cloud early in the year and it is so light. Very very pale color, same as the lippie. Very pretty but soft.

MissTrine

I did the same thing. It is just so pretty

Haven

I received all of my goodies from this collection today. So far I have only tried the lippie, and I really like it! I was skeptical b/c it appears to be so light. When I put it on, however, it gave my lips a nice pinkish sparkly natural hue. A natural but better lip look. I must admit that I was really happily surprised by this product. I will be trying the rest of the products tomorrow.

elegant-one

Sooooo true!! Holiday is going to be our holiday gift to us!!!

Christmas.gif
I agree

I have not bought anything since Enthusiast & the #3 crease brush, Oh & the Cleansing Water but that doesn't count - its not makeup
girlhaha.gif

Anybody have the Bobbi Brown lip crayons? I swatched Posey & I really liked it.

jmarie

I received all of my goodies from this collection today. So far I have only tried the lippie, and I really like it! I was skeptical b/c it appears to be so light. When I put it on, however, it gave my lips a nice pinkish sparkly natural hue. A natural but better lip look. I must admit that I was really happily surprised by this product. I will be trying the rest of the products tomorrow.

I can't wait to hear about your thoughts. Were you able to get any of the new (to US) brushes? I am buying them all.

mckpoon

despite swatches of the magic triscuit and the lack of pigment, i am still having dreams about it.
<< HALP~! >>

Bonitinha

Christmas.gif
I agree

I have not bought anything since Enthusiast & the #3 crease brush, Oh & the Cleansing Water but that doesn't count - its not makeup
girlhaha.gif

Anybody have the Bobbi Brown lip crayons? I swatched Posey & I really liked it.
I know, I am surprised I have been pretty good this summer with my makeup expenditures!
I remember seeing a blog post on the BB lip crayons. They looked beautiful with some shine -- I love the idea of drawing on my lips :) I never got those Clinique chubbies -- they were always sold out and then I kept forgetting to look when I went to the mall. LMK if you try the BB ones!

Haven

I haven't ordered any new brushes yet. I am seriously thinking about it though. Almost all of my brushes are MAC.

Like I said, I was surprised by the lippie. It looks terrible in the tube, but when applied alone "wow." Plus it will look great layered over other lip products.

I am going to try to do a look today using pink cloud, the triscuit, and GE. I will report back on how it goes.

Haven

I just finished playing with all of my products from this collection, and these are my thoughts. I am MAC NW20 for reference.

Pink cloud is very pretty, and yes it did show up on me - barely. I ended up pairing it with Rose Tourbillon. Pink cloud will be too light for most people to use alone as a blush. When applied in combination with a darker color, however, it gives a very pretty "glowy" effect. I am going to use this more as a higlighter. I doubt that I will be able to use it alone as a blush even in the winter when I am more pale.

Gris exquise is a nice matte, true grey shadow. It is lighter than MAC Hocus Pocus when applied over UDPP. I used it in combination with Hocus Pocus, the triscuit, and MAC Texture. I applied: texture very lightly in the crease; GE over most of the lid except the inner corner; HP just on the outer part of the lid making a v; the taupe part of the triscuit in the inner corner; and the pink part of the triscuit to highlight. GE is a nice shadow, but HP is nicer. If I had to pick one, I would definately choose HP over GE.

The triscuit... Before using it brush off the glitter overspray - unless you love glitter. I didn't brush enough of it off the first time, and it was a complete glitter mess. I ended up having to wipe all of the fallout off and reapply my foundation around my eyes. Once I got rid of the glitter, I was very happy with the results from this product. Swatches online make all of the colors look like white highlighter. Using my brush, I picked up a definate pink, taupe, etc. I used these areas of the triscuit alone as shadows and not highlights over other colors. I can get a similar look on my eyes using Prance, HP, Texture, and Blanc Type. I didn't use the triscuit on other parts of my face.

Haven

Overall I would recommend the triscuit & lippie. They are not really a must have. The triscuit does have more pigment than what can be seen in the online swatches but not much - enough to see a definate light pink vs. taupe on the brush & eye. If you don't have the extra $$ to spend, I would pass on GE & Pink cloud - unless you want a pink highlighter. GE is very nice in texture & application, but the color is not really that unique IMHO. I have seen it elsewhere.

mckpoon

Haven, many thanks for being so in-depth!!

Hocus Pocus is a little darker than GE though? i was looking for a TRUE grey, not something that leans blue/green/brown, KWIM?

Haven

Haven, many thanks for being so in-depth!!

Hocus Pocus is a little darker than GE though? i was looking for a TRUE grey, not something that leans blue/green/brown, KWIM?

Here are some comparison photos that I took to hopefully help answer your question. The shadows are from L to R: Hocus Pocus, Gris Exquise, and Parisian Skies. All were swatched over UDPP (original formula). Second pic is in artificial light. First pic is in cloudy natural light. Each swatch consists of 2 layers of shadow - one stroke down and then another back up. This is a heavier application than I used on my eyes, but it helps to see the differences, especially in a photograph.

I tried to photograph swatches of the triscuit to show the different colors in the palette. The three colors are light, however, and all look the same when photographed. So I can see a definate difference in person that does not translate to film.

Neicy

Pink Cloud is very soft and sheer. I tried it today over Rose Ecrin and it looked nice. I find it looks really pretty with a contour and or a taupey blush. It does sculpt and highlight nicely.
I need to start using my Chanel stuff, instead of staring at it!