Chanel Aquarelles collection- new Nieman Marcus exclusive

Bonitinha

Hi,

I am new here. I bought Ombres Tissees and wondering how similar it is to the Glow Pearl Powder from Nordstom's anniversary sale. Are they different enough to justify both?

Hi and welcome! Check out Sabrina's post from TheBeautyLookBook blog and she compares Ombres Tissees to a bunch of other products:
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/08/chanel-ombres-tissees-beiges-from-les.html

Ooops, I was thinking of Cafe Makeup where she was comparing the new EL highlighter to other products
http://cafemakeup.com/2011/08/estee-laudern-modern-mercury-powder-gelee/

Maybe you can compare the Pearl Glow from Cafe Makeup to the Ombres Tissees in Sabrina's post . . .

elegant-one

Hi and welcome! Check out Sabrina's post from TheBeautyLookBook blog and she compares Ombres Tissees to a bunch of other products:
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/08/chanel-ombres-tissees-beiges-from-les.html

Ooops, I was thinking of Cafe Makeup where she was comparing the new EL highlighter to other products
http://cafemakeup.com/2011/08/estee-laudern-modern-mercury-powder-gelee/

Maybe you can compare the Pearl Glow from Cafe Makeup to the Ombres Tissees in Sabrina's post . . .

Hi Michelle!!!
friends.gif

Bonitinha

^^Hi sweet Elegant!! How was your trip?? Did the kids love your "orange" theme for their birthdays??
I have been busy getting the girls ready for back to school -- you would not believe how much I have spent in school supplies alone
icon_eek.gif
I much prefer the clothes/shoe shopping for them!!
Are you getting anything from this collection?? I wish the blush and highlighter had more color!

Miss QQ

^^ Hi! Are your girls excited about school starting? The powder has chunky glitters at the surface and I'm glad to know that is only an overspray. I thought the grey shadow is worth purchasing, since like you I have mostly silver eyeshadows and none are true grey. Thanks for the idea, I'll try it with a deep navy blue.

Elegant - Currently I'm use the blue range cleansing milk which I massage on my face to remove makeup. Maybe Eau Douceur can replace that.

Winthrop - I don't have Hocus Pocus and I think the collection is not coming here. Is Smoke and Diamonds a close dupe? Maybe I can try the combi.

Every time I see Tissees my mind see tissues instead. lol

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- yes, my girls are so excited for school. We have been doing lots of back to school shopping, which is always fun :)
Let me know how you end up liking the grey shadow. There are a few other of the single e/s that I want to check out, too. Have you tried Magic Night? I have been wondering about that one, too.

Shypo

'Back to school' is such a fun time - I used to love getting my new supplies and school clothes - Michelle, now you have 3!! I know it will be traumatic for you - so be patient with yourself.......

Miss QQ

Michelle - forgot to say, I swatched Night Magic and taupe Gris again and I like NM more. Not that they are close, just that I would rather spend money on NM. But i cant decide Between NM and Ebloui.

Bonitinha

Michelle - forgot to say, I swatched Night Magic and taupe Gris again and I like NM more. Not that they are close, just that I would rather spend money on NM. But i cant decide Between NM and Ebloui.
I am really tempted by Night Magic. What combos have you worn with it? I only have the quads -- no singles. I figured I "needed" some in my stash
amuse.gif

Miss QQ

No, I haven't buy Night Magic yet. The singles feel very soft, compared to the baked eyeshadows, but I love my quads too. I only have Nomade, which is a glittery sheer pink and Fauve. Gris Equis is my third one, I'm going to wear it tomorrow.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ

Here is the eyeshadow. It is a matte grey, and I don't have anything like it. I only own a few silver and a shimmery grey eyeshadow, so I'm glad to have it in my collection. Not sure what to pair it with.

Miss QQ, I keep meaning to say...you could also go for the look they did with this collection and use any pale and shimmery lid color similar to the Triscuit with the grey e/s. Also, Magic Night, Taupe Grise and Ebloui are all permanent so you have plenty of time to decide on those.
smiles.gif

Edit: And forget my suggestion about using it with Hocus Pocus. Now that I have both I can see that HP is lighter and GE is darker than I was picturing, and there's no real contrast between them at all. I'm not sure I like GE on me, but I think I'll give it a try with something light and shimmery.

Miss QQ

Thanks winthrop. Sabrina has done the review on GE and we can all take a good look there.

I wore it with the powder today. I didn't wipe off the glittery overspray so I ended up with glitters on my lids and they fell onto my lower lids later in the day. I did get the glitters off a spot on the powder and it looks less pretty without the glitters lol. GE is slightly hard to blend I think because it is matte, but it feels soft on my finger when I swatched.

Winthrop44

Yep, I just read Sabrina's review and what is true for her is true for me, definitely too blue for my skintone. I wouldn't say it ages me, just that it does nothing for me. Oh well.

Miss QQ

The triscuit is really pretty in the pan. ;) but I believe in buying makeup that I will use and not just for admiring. Let us know what you think about them, Cheryl.

Shypo

^^ I agree - the more I think about it, the more I'm regretting the purchase. But it's easy enough to send back - at that price, I'd rather have something I will use.

Bonitinha

Darn -- I was hoping for a true grey. GE kinda reminds me of MAC Scene e/s. Looks like I might not be getting anything from this collection (gasp!). Triscuit is so pretty, but I just don't think I will get enough use out of it. I am at the point where my makeup stash is so overwhelming, I am actually getting a bit practical with what I buy LOL Oh well, I will be getting plenty from the Holiday collex, I'm sure
heart.gif

Alisha1

Darn -- I was hoping for a true grey. GE kinda reminds me of MAC Scene e/s. Looks like I might not be getting anything from this collection (gasp!). Triscuit is so pretty, but I just don't think I will get enough use out of it. I am at the point where my makeup stash is so overwhelming, I am actually getting a bit practical with what I buy LOL Oh well, I will be getting plenty from the Holiday collex, I'm sure
heart.gif
^Thats the same with me! I keep going back and forth on Triscuit but I know I only want it for the pattern and thats not a good enough reason for me! I'm going to go crazy when the Holiday collection comes out though!