Chanel FNO 2011 Nail Polishes! 3 Blues

TealAngel

Has anyone come across any more swatches of the blues? Please post links! I am still undecided between Blue Boy and Blue Rebel... To anyone who wants to answer: do u thnk MACs Blue India (last yr) is/will be closer to Blue Boy or Blue Rebel? Thanks in advance for any response!!

TealAngel

I'm getting Blue Boy. Its too bad that Chanel.com doesn't leave the free shipping code there ;)
I know what you mean about a free shipping code! I have my eye on Blue Rebel...but just to ship one item, it will cost $7.95(order totals $50 and under cost $7.95 to ship). I thought since I was paying that for shipping anyway, I'd spring for graphite since I have been mostly absent from MAC this year(just bought from one collec, SurfBaby, one lipstick, at that). Then I realized the Jean colors are $29 each! I don't remember paying that for a bottle of Khaki Vert last year at this time! So, if I bought Rebel and Graphite, that would put me in the next cost-to-ship tier, $9.95! I will just live without Graphite for now...don't really want to pay $10 for shipping...
blink.gif

Miss QQ

All three are beautiful, but Blue Boy seems the most unique! Love Coco Boy initially, but now I don't like it as much as I'm not a fan of pearl finishes. Looks dated to me. I just received an email saying the 3 nps will be available at the two makeup studios here on 19th and 23rd Sept. I shall try to pass all 3 of them.

elegant-one

My Blue Boy shipped so I should hopefully have it early next week :) I agree with her, Blue Boy definitely looks more unique. I was so apprehensive about blue, but I think this shade would look lovely this fall with jeans & a white shirt. I've purchased a lot of denim & navy clothing items this year so I think this color will look very nice with them.

The NM that I ordered mine from said that Blue Rebel is the most popular shade. They only had 4 left the day of the launch.

greatscott2000

Hey Ladies, I know its been a while since I posted. I'm just getting into the textbook buying spirit of back to school. But on a colorful note, I checked out Les Jeans des Chanel collection last night at at the SoHo store for FNO and was impressed. My main concern were dupes and if Coco Blue was too close in hue to my beloved Riva. But Coco Blue reminds me of Hard Candy's Sky from years ago. I was really impressed with Blue Boy and got it in the store. Coco Blue and Blue Rebel I bought online since the boutique didn't allow pre-sales. I posted swatches here but the pics aren't very close since they were taken with my camera phone.Story of my swatch life!

Winthrop44

My Blue Boy shipped so I should hopefully have it early next week :) I agree with her, Blue Boy definitely looks more unique. I was so apprehensive about blue, but I think this shade would look lovely this fall with jeans & a white shirt. I've purchased a lot of denim & navy clothing items this year so I think this color will look very nice with them.
You may talk me into it yet.
winks.gif

elegant-one

You may talk me into it yet.
winks.gif

lol.gif

So far, I've liked it on everybody's hand. Its a color that I've never worn before, but the more I look at it the more I like it.
greengrin.gif

Its like the Three Bears, ones too light, ones too dark but this one is just right
amuse.gif

TealAngel

I bought Blue Rebel yesterday! I have since seen more swatches of all three blues and am happy with my Blue Rebel purchase!

Thanks for those swatch links Winthrop!

I have seen comparisions/possible dupes and though no one has mentioned MAC's Blue India for being a close substitute for Blue Boy, it is! I think Blue India is a touch more gray, but still that similar blue...and I think Blue Boy has a wee bit more blue than Blue India.

My nails can't wait to Blue Rebel-ized!

Though, I still can't believe I payed $29 for a nail polish!!

I know this isn't the right forum, but since this is Chanel...is Graphite np a must?...or should I find it's close-enough dupe in Revlon Carbonite? And for those of you who answer and own Graphite, how is the formula?...on the thin side...thick?

Miss QQ

^^ Sorry haven't worn mine but it is a beautiful and complex colour IMHO.

lol.gif

So far, I've liked it on everybody's hand. Its a color that I've never worn before, but the more I look at it the more I like it.
greengrin.gif

Its like the Three Bears, ones too light, ones too dark but this one is just right
amuse.gif

lol. I try to resist it, and the other two, hopefully they won't call my name when I see them at the counter.

Bought too many chanel nps last year like the khaki trios, orient trios and those from seasonal collection like Paradoxal and Particuliere, so this year I try to buy less np. I can't wear np too frequently, my nails are flaking at the tips now so I give them a few weeks of break.

Haven

I received my trio of polishes yesterday. I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I think that they are all beautiful. If I had to rank them I would say that Blue Boy is the prettiest, followed by Blue Rebel, and finally Coco Blue. All of them are gorgeous, and you really can't go wrong with any of them. It is just a matter of personal preference. I tend to gravitate towards the darker colors, but I will use all of them. The light blue will probably get used more next spring/summer.

Anneri

Quote: Originally Posted by TealAngel

I know this isn't the right forum, but since this is Chanel...is Graphite np a must?...or should I find it's close-enough dupe in Revlon Carbonite? And for those of you who answer and own Graphite, how is the formula?...on the thin side...thick?

I think that Graphite is the most beautiful and the most wearable n/p of the fall collection. It has the normal Chanel polish formula - not particular thin or thick. I haven't seen the Revlon polish in person, but judging from Cafe Makeup's pics I feel that it's lacking the extra depth and dimension Graphite has, namely the gold, copper and pinkish sparkles.
Get Graphite! I love it.

Littlerain

i don't find the colors all that spectacular. like the beauty look book said in one of her posts, these colors are nothing compared to steel & strong from last year. i feel like they're easily dupable, if only we had the time to try!

i always get excited about chanel nail polishes, but find (almost always!) that the formula is very disappointing, especially for 20something dollars plus tax. and now that they're going to be over 30 after tax... i don't have any logical reason to get these!

chanel nail polishes always make me sad. the only ones i have are pulsion & blue satin. i hated the formula of mimosa so i returned it. I wanted to get steel & strong last year but spent too long deciding... i also liked riva but found similar colors in opi!

bis

^^ Sorry haven't worn mine but it is a beautiful and complex colour IMHO.

lol. I try to resist it, and the other two, hopefully they won't call my name when I see them at the counter.

Bought too many chanel nps last year like the khaki trios, orient trios and those from seasonal collection like Paradoxal and Particuliere, so this year I try to buy less np. I can't wear np too frequently, my nails are flaking at the tips now so I give them a few weeks of break.

Totally OT, but I have/had the same problem with my nails as you describe and since I started using OPI Nail Envy Matte they are a lot better. Not to jinx it, but they do break a lot less. I just wear it as a basecoat under nail polish and it works. A nail tech told me np is actually good for people with nails like ours as it protects the nails.No idea if she is right, but atm it is working for me :)

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! Great that your nails are strong now. I gave Sephora a call to check and my local stores have the Envy line!
th_DANCE.gif
Have you tried the others from Envy, like the Original or Soft & Thin? If matte is the best then I'll get it. Now for the less exciting part, it costs $20 more than the Classic strengthener, which I almost bought just now!
thud.gif

I think what the nail tech said is partially true, it depends on what type of nail polish. My nails are never strong, but I think my nails are in a bad state recently because I used "crown me already" from OPI, the one with big pieces of glitters that are very hard to remove, and also Seche Vite top coat which weakened my nails.