Chanel Holiday 2011

lexicallex

Hi all,
I just joined the ranks of being a Chanel fanatic thanks to this range! Holiday 2011 is my downfall and introduction to Chanel heaven!

mac_aiken
I caved into Feerie after the second time I looked at it. Initially I thought that the sparkles might have been too big but the pink based colour really got me hooked! A friend of mine felt it was too sparkly for wear over the face to work - her boss commented that she seemed to be perspiring! However, I feel it looks great as a overall body shimmer - good for those dinner parties as it's not the usual "youngish" glitter. This one is more muted and elegant but needs a light hand to avoid looking like a disco ball.

Icecaramellatte
You're getting Blazing Gold too! I'm having problems with this one - I bought it on impulse because I thought the colour was beautiful - plus my favourite item is the Or liquid liner (which looks fabs as an underliner) but somewhat the eyeshadow didn't seem to work the same magic on me. Any thoughts on how you will layer it when it gets to you? Would appreciate any input!

I think it's my last few days of Holiday 2011 at Chanel here and I'm so tempted to get Famous! I haven't got a red lippie yet and wonder if this might be a good foray into that colour scheme? And maybe the nail polish too!

I'm curious - did anyone manage to collect the all little Christmas ornament paper bag charms (that they tie around the paper bag handles)? Because I keep thinking I would love the whole set to hang on my Christmas tree but I only have the interlocking CCs and a snowflake, just wondering if there are other designs I'm missing out on!

jmarie

I'm curious - did anyone manage to collect the all little Christmas ornament paper bag charms (that they tie around the paper bag handles)? Because I keep thinking I would love the whole set to hang on my Christmas tree but I only have the interlocking CCs and a snowflake, just wondering if there are other designs I'm missing out on!
Where are these cute trinkets coming from? I don't have a Chanel Boutique where I live. All of the Chanel counters are in Department stores. I got the the sweater keychain when I bought a bag from a Las Vegas Boutique. Maybe I need to get friendly with a out of state boutique.

lexicallex

jmarie - you're so lucky to get a sweater keychain! I've never gotten any freebies from a Chanel boutique all these years! I hear it's really rare that they give to normal customers, only to their regular VIP customers!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/39105810151061117750375.jpg/

Icecaramellatte

Icecaramellatte
You're getting Blazing Gold too! I'm having problems with this one - I bought it on impulse because I thought the colour was beautiful - plus my favourite item is the Or liquid liner (which looks fabs as an underliner) but somewhat the eyeshadow didn't seem to work the same magic on me. Any thoughts on how you will layer it when it gets to you? Would appreciate any input!
I'm sorry to say I haven't used it yet. I have just bought too much makeup lately. I put it on with no base just to try it when it arrived but it didn't look as vibrant as I thought. I think I do need a base. I may try the Mac yellow gold paint pot - Treasure Hunt?? under it. I'm thinking it may look nice with the Tigerlily shadow I just bought. Ooh! The Or liquid liner sounds pretty.