Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Medgal07

Thank you for the recommendation. I ordered that particular brush, plus a few more
tong.gif
. I'm excited to receive the package. Shipping is one day only due to the proximity of their showroom to where I live. Been planning to go check out their showroom but LA traffic always deters me.

Thanks Medgal07! Which ones from the 9 are you missing?
I have all but Riviera and Cambon
thud.gif

meleftie

Well ladies Venitien was my one purchase that I really thought would disappoint me. The swatches were stunning, seemed universally loved however I was sure on me, it just wouldn't quite work. I tend to avoid any blue/teal eyeshadows guess it's the 80's inner child in me afraid I'll resort back to my days of aqua net and a mullet. I ordered anyway, I thrive on being proven wrong and at this point I think I'm 5 quads into this collection so why not? I've decided to try @Medgal's personal challenge and use a different quad each day. So, as I've rambled on, back to the stunning Venitien - I used this for the first time this morning and was beyond impressed. The colors melted together like Paula Dean's butter recipe and the end result was a soft smoky eye with no tacky teals, just overall brightness. Color clarity but nothing harsh. Anyone like me on the fence about this palette, please don't think you'll look like the promo image, (which is lovely but if I arrived at work with eye makeup like that can only imagine the reactions) you will not be disappointed. I wish I'd thought to snap a quick photo this morning.

Medgal07

I've decided to try @Medgal's personal challenge and use a different quad each day. So, as I've rambled on, back to the stunning Venitien - I used this for the first time this morning and was beyond impressed. The colors melted together like Paula Dean's butter recipe and the end result was a soft smoky eye with no tacky teals, just overall brightness. Color clarity but nothing harsh. Anyone like me on the fence about this palette, please don't think you'll look like the promo image, (which is lovely but if I arrived at work with eye makeup like that can only imagine the reactions) you will not be disappointed. I wish I'd thought to snap a quick photo this morning.
clapping.gif
yahoo.gif
Meleftie I'm so glad you defied the rules and went with your instincts for what sounds like a truly positive experience.
yahoo.gif
clapping.gif

By the way, Thursday is the last day of my challenge, but I'm certain I could continue through August w/o exhausting my palette supply. The worse part of the challenge was not being able to repeat ---- the way I did w/Poésie but it gave me the opportunity to use some amazing palettes that have gone neglected DT product
overload.

Winthrop44

I've decided to try @Medgal's personal challenge and use a different quad each day. So, as I've rambled on, back to the stunning Venitien - I used this for the first time this morning and was beyond impressed. The colors melted together like Paula Dean's butter recipe and the end result was a soft smoky eye with no tacky teals, just overall brightness. Color clarity but nothing harsh. Anyone like me on the fence about this palette, please don't think you'll look like the promo image, (which is lovely but if I arrived at work with eye makeup like that can only imagine the reactions) you will not be disappointed. I wish I'd thought to snap a quick photo this morning.
Good for you! I would never wear it like the promo image either and I love it as well. Which shades did you use where?

meleftie

[COLOR=0000FF]I have all but Riviera and Cambon[/COLOR]:thud:
how
Good for you! I would never wear it like the promo image either and I love it as well. Which shades did you use where?
I used MAC's painterly paint pot as a base, the peach is color all over my lid, the lighter teal color smoked out really nicely in my upper crease (it was still teal but almost took on a gray tone when applied) (I did also blend a bit of the peach color along the top of my crease) and then I used the deep teal color just a smidge in the outer v & along lower lash line smudged. the silver-ish color (you'd never know I have an art background originally with those outstanding color descriptions would you?!) I didn't use because it was sparkle city .. not sure I suppose I could you a dab of mixing medium and pat it over the center of my lid for a bit of brightness the next time I wear. Now you can see why I'm NOT a beauty blogger .. LOL

Anitavino

Definitely meant to be
girlhaha.gif
Which palette did he use on you??
He used Gabrielle on me. The store had just received the new eye shadows but the only tester they had was Gabrielle. I'm confident he used that on everyone that day. He used a brush so it was very sheer. The focus was all about eyeliner. I learned a lot that day. Espresso is now my go to waterline eyeliner. I can't tell you how it makes my green eyes glow. My lips - Avilene (he said was #1 selling lipliner in France) RC 93 Antime & gloss 191 Songe. Looooooove!!!

Venitien is totally next on my list then probably Gabrielle. Yes, my husband thinks I have a problem.
angelic.gif
I think I have a case of fabulous!!

Medgal07

He used Gabrielle on me. The store had just received the new eye shadows but the only tester they had was Gabrielle. I'm confident he used that on everyone that day. He used a brush so it was very sheer. The focus was all about eyeliner. I learned a lot that day. Espresso is now my go to waterline eyeliner. I can't tell you how it makes my green eyes glow. My lips - Avilene (he said was #1 selling lipliner in France) RC 93 Antime & gloss 191 Songe. Looooooove!!!

Venitien is totally next on my list then probably Gabrielle. Yes, my husband thinks I have a problem.
angelic.gif
I think I have a case of fabulous!!
girlhaha.gif
I think you have a case of fabulous too----congrats!!!! Gabrielle & Venitien are amazing. I also purchased Intime & Songe and I agree, they make a nice couple! Did you pick up the JC, Innocence? It would look nice w/your green eyes too!

Anitavino

girlhaha.gif
I think you have a case of fabulous too----congrats!!!! Gabrielle & Venitien are amazing. I also purchased Intime & Songe and I agree, they make a nice couple! Did you pick up the JC, Innocence? It would look nice w/your green eyes too!
Medgal, I didn't get JC innocence, it's lovely, but a light color. I wasn't sure if it would show up enough to warrant the price tag.

To be honest, I purchased Poesie because of your rave reviews Medgal. I have used it for 2 days now and love how the darkest shade blends beautifully without being to harsh. Love the glowy sheen all of the colors have. Thanks for the rec
flower.gif

Medgal07

Medgal, I didn't get JC innocence, it's lovely, but a light color. I wasn't sure if it would show up enough to warrant the price tag.

To be honest, I purchased Poesie because of your rave reviews Medgal. I have used it for 2 days now and love how the darkest shade blends beautifully without being to harsh. Love the glowy sheen all of the colors have. Thanks for the rec
flower.gif
For reference, Innocence shows up beautifully on me, so I know it will show up on you. It's really quite lovely.
I'm thrilled that you're loving Poésie--glad I could enable help.
girlhaha.gif

Poésie means poetry in French--so I had poetry all over my eyes for 5 consecutive days! That's actually a beautiful meaning for an exquisite product!

Timmi

I used MAC's painterly paint pot as a base, the peach is color all over my lid, the lighter teal color smoked out really nicely in my upper crease (it was still teal but almost took on a gray tone when applied) (I did also blend a bit of the peach color along the top of my crease) and then I used the deep teal color just a smidge in the outer v & along lower lash line smudged. the silver-ish color (you'd never know I have an art background originally with those outstanding color descriptions would you?!) I didn't use because it was sparkle city .. not sure I suppose I could you a dab of mixing medium and pat it over the center of my lid for a bit of brightness the next time I wear. Now you can see why I'm NOT a beauty blogger .. LOL
I want to wear Venitien to work. I will try this, thanks!

I'm working on my eyeshadow application skills, lol. Still an eye make-up newbie. I'm watching videos and ordered a bunch of brushes. I actually enjoy doing it. What I don't like is waking up earlier so I can apply make-up, hahaha!

Medgal07

I'm missing Riviera, Mademoiselle and Rivoli. I have a feeling that might change soon. Rivoli is tempting me!
They're all so lovely. You really can't go wrong with any of them---it's just tough trying to decide which one to get
next.
girlhaha.gif

I have Raffinement which has been compared to Rivoli but the nuances were such that I wasn't deterred from
getting Rivoli.

They're all so lovely. You really can't go wrong with any of them---it's just tough trying to decide which one to get
next.
girlhaha.gif

I have Raffinement which has been compared to Rivoli but the nuances were such that I wasn't deterred from
getting Rivoli.
Yeah, I think that Raffinement is a bit more... matte than Rivoli. There's definitely different enough to warrant getting both!

meleftie

I want to wear Venitien to work. I will try this, thanks! I'm working on my eyeshadow application skills, lol. Still an eye make-up newbie. I'm watching videos and ordered a bunch of brushes. I actually enjoy doing it. What I don't like is waking up earlier so I can apply make-up, hahaha! 
Let us know what you think when you've used Venitien! There are sooo many amazing people on You Tube to learn tips and tricks from. For me, half the fun is the trial and error of it all.

Medgal07

Yeah, I think that Raffinement is a bit more... matte than Rivoli. There's definitely different enough to warrant getting both!
Girl after my own heart!!!
heart.gif
I totally agree!

Quote: Originally Posted by meleftie

Let us know what you think when you've used Venitien! There are sooo many amazing people on You Tube to learn tips and tricks from. For me, half the fun is the trial and error of it all.
Meleftie, second to buying/hauling makeup, creating various looks is total fun. Makeup videos/tutorials were my best friends! I still enjoy watching them.

awickedshape

Well, I'm hoping that my friend was able to get Tisse Rivoli for me and I ordered a BNIB Tisse Mademoiselle (along with BNIB Chic and Deauville RCS) all for a little less than retail price. Those are the two quads I want so I'm excited. I didn't want to chance a cancelled order. Ended up unsuscribing from Chanel.com emails. Saks and Ralph Lauren shipped so quickly but I'm waiting for all my packages to come in and get them together. I'm hoping to have everything within a couple weeks!