Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]  That's GREAT AWS!!![/COLOR] :yahoo: [COLOR=0000FF] You'll love Rivoli & Mademoiselle.   [/COLOR]
I can't wait lol In reshaping my makeup stash I gave away a few things including my Naked2 palette to make room for some new smaller things like these new neutral quads.

awickedshape

Tisse Mademoiselle arrived today!
9c3d1d80_IMG_20140809_141257.jpeg

sugarberry

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while now but thought it was time to post!

After reading so many positive reviews about Poesie, I went out and bought it last weekend. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in it. Maybe it's my skintone, but the two lightest shades barely show up on me at all, and they look pretty much the same on my eyes. It might be because I'm really fair and yellow-olive (yes, it exists...), so they just blend right into my skintone. Also, I'm finding the pigmentation to be a little on the lighter side. Is this how they're supposed to be? I've read everywhere that the eyeshadows are really pigmented. They're definitely smooth, and they blend so beautifully, but I actually think that the regular US powder version is more pigmented (when done right). So right now, I have a love hate relationship with my quad and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

Kimber3

I just got Poesie and love it. It was hard to walk away with just one, and I'm sure ill be going back for another soon. Sooooo addictive!!!

Medgal07

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while now but thought it was time to post!

After reading so many positive reviews about Poesie, I went out and bought it last weekend. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in it. Maybe it's my skintone, but the two lightest shades barely show up on me at all, and they look pretty much the same on my eyes. It might be because I'm really fair and yellow-olive (yes, it exists...), so they just blend right into my skintone. Also, I'm finding the pigmentation to be a little on the lighter side. Is this how they're supposed to be? I've read everywhere that the eyeshadows are really pigmented. They're definitely smooth, and they blend so beautifully, but I actually think that the regular US powder version is more pigmented (when done right). So right now, I have a love hate relationship with my quad and was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.
th_hello.gif
& WELCOME Sugarberry!!! When I purchased Poésie I had difficulty NOT wearing It---yes I loved it that much, and still do. I wear Chanel New Moon IDO as a base and then apply the darkest shade. It makes the MOST AMAZING neutral eye look. I find all of the shades quite pigmented. I hope you get it to work for you. What brush are you using?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kimber3

I just got Poesie and love it. It was hard to walk away with just one, and I'm sure ill be going back for another soon. Sooooo addictive!!!
wavey.gif
Hello Kimber3, I couldn't agree more! I'm a Poésie lover too!!!

Anitavino

Welcome Sugarberry!!

I was told by my sales associate that you should use the sponge applicator for better pigmentation and brush for a more sheer look. I have Poesie and it works very nicely for me with the sponge applicator followed by my blender brush. Very pretty nude look. Give it another try, good luck :)

sugarberry

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm sure you've all heard this a thousand times, but I can't tell you how large my makeup collection has gotten since I discovered Specktra. But I am thrilled that others share the same passion and obsession as me because, you know, family and friends just don't get it. Well, my husband does, but he's cool like that.
peace2.gif

I like Poesie and it looks really pretty on, but I just don't get that wow pigmentation that everyone is talking about, especially with the lilac-y shade. I kind of have dry lids lately, so maybe that's affecting how it looks. I was thinking of applying Utopia underneath to coax out the lilac tones; otherwise, it looks indistinguishable from the beige. I've tried applying it with MAC 237 and a softer squirrel hair brush from Hakuhodo.

I know what you mean, I am trying really hard not to buy any of the other quads because they're SO expensive! I have my eye on Camelia. Oh the glorious purples!!

Medgal07

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm sure you've all heard this a thousand times, but I can't tell you how large my makeup collection has gotten since I discovered Specktra. But I am thrilled that others share the same passion and obsession as me because, you know, family and friends just don't get it. Well, my husband does, but he's cool like that.
peace2.gif

I like Poesie and it looks really pretty on, but I just don't get that wow pigmentation that everyone is talking about, especially with the lilac-y shade. I kind of have dry lids lately, so maybe that's affecting how it looks. I was thinking of applying Utopia underneath to coax out the lilac tones; otherwise, it looks indistinguishable from the beige. I've tried applying it with MAC 237 and a softer squirrel hair brush from Hakuhodo.

I know what you mean, I am trying really hard not to buy any of the other quads because they're SO expensive! I have my eye on Camelia. Oh the glorious purples!!
girlhaha.gif
​Oh I think we've all shared your conundrum Sugarberry! Tissé Camélia is gorgeous but if you're a true purple lover, the purple in Cambon is much more vibrant.
I have Camélia but I don't have Cambon. Good luck with your selection.

http://www.makeupmagpie.com/2014/07/chanel-les-4-ombres-tisse-cambon.html

Kimber3

Thank you for the welcomes!  I'm sure you've all heard this a thousand times, but I can't tell you how large my makeup collection has gotten since I discovered Specktra.  But I am thrilled that others share the same passion and obsession as me because, you know, family and friends just don't get it.  Well, my husband does, but he's cool like that. :peace: I like Poesie and it looks really pretty on, but I just don't get that wow pigmentation that everyone is talking about, especially with the lilac-y shade.  I kind of have dry lids lately, so maybe that's affecting how it looks.  I was thinking of applying Utopia underneath to coax out the lilac tones; otherwise, it looks indistinguishable from the beige.  I've tried applying it with MAC 237 and a softer squirrel hair brush from Hakuhodo.   I know what you mean, I am trying really hard not to buy any of the other quads because they're SO expensive!  I have my eye on Camelia.  Oh the glorious purples!!
   :hello2:  [COLOR=0000FF]& WELCOME Sugarberry!!!  When I purchased Poésie I had difficulty NOT wearing It---yes I loved it that much, and still do.  I wear Chanel New Moon IDO as a base and then [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]apply the darkest shade.  It makes the MOST AMAZING neutral eye look.  I find all of the shades quite pigmented.  I hope you get it to work for you.  What brush are you using?[/COLOR]   :wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Hello Kimber3,  I couldn't agree more!  I'm a Poésie lover too!!![/COLOR]
Are you wrestling with that quiet inner voice that says "get a back up, it's limited, get a back up" lol!!!! I'm trying to quiet that thought down lol!

sugarberry

Are you wrestling with that quiet inner voice that says "get a back up, it's limited, get a back up" lol!!!! I'm trying to quiet that thought down lol!
I am! But I have a no back-up rule and I've stuck to it for 5 years! Will power, ladies, will power!

ViolaS24

I've picked Poesie and have been wearing it non stop, it's just so so pretty. I've also just ordered Rivoli and can't wait for it to arrive. Trying to stop there, but these are perm, so we shall see
kissy.gif

awickedshape

My friend returned safe and sound! She surprised me with both Tisse Rivoli and Tisse Mademoiselle. I hadn't the heart to tell her that the Mademoiselle and I are acquainted :)
189d0c29_PhotoGrid_1407960759707.jpeg
Rivoli looks as lovely as I expected.

awickedshape

Very nice!  Can you exchange Mademoiselle?
Thank you :) I feel so lucky, these are the two I really wanted. As I'm outside the US I don't know for sure how easy it would be but as it's a gift I might keep this one and give the first one, which I've only used once so far, to a friend.

LiliV

I did this look with Tissé Vénitien today, I really like the texture of these shadows and how they look so smoky and metallic
ce90d69d_image.jpeg