Chanel Sophisticated Eye Collection

Icecaramellatte

Oh I feel like such a dope. I was planning to order the Rose Envolee quad but stopped in Nordstrom so I figured I might as well see if they have it. Well, they didn't so I ended up trying Twilight again. It didn't show up on me when another MA tried it on me before. This time the MA gave me a sponge tip tester to use. It showed up! I was so excited I bought it along with Prelude quad. I completely forgot about my Rose Envolee order I had planned as well as asking about Joyeous. I still don't know if I can carry it off but I was thinking of giving it a try. So I now am wondering if I should still order the quad and lipstick as planned. Other Chanel ponderings include: Lilium quad and backups of Graphite and Peridot nailpolish.

P.S. I hope this was the right thread to post this as I mentioned products from other collections.

shontay07108

I went to Bloomies and Macy's Sunday looking for the Lagons quad, but nothing. I was hoping I could play with it before buying it. I don't doubt that it's beautiful, though. I may have to order it this weekend.

Icecaramellatte

I went to Bloomies and Macy's Sunday looking for the Lagons quad, but nothing. I was hoping I could play with it before buying it. I don't doubt that it's beautiful, though. I may have to order it this weekend.

Was there a display for it and it was out of stock or did they not get it in at all? I was just at the Nordstrom in Paramus, NJ today and they had it. Well the display anyway. I just assumed they had everything in stock since its new.

Icecaramellatte

I wore Twilight for the first time yesterday. I applied it all over with the sponge tip applicator and it looked fine. More of the color showed up than the first time I tried it in the store. I then used the darkest shade from the Tentation Cuivree quad (a smoky plum color) in the outer 1/3 of the lid. Well it looked bit too smoky and I needed to add in more pink so I applied it with the Mac 235 brush wet and the color really popped. I was able to take some of the purple out this way. I did have a hard time using the 235 as the shadow pan is so small. In retrospect, for this color I really should have used the 239 to pack on the color. I know the 239 is really popular but it is fairly new to me (about a year) and I keep forgetting about it. I lined with the Mac Raven eyeliner (shimmery dark purple). Tweed Fuchsia blush and Pleasing glossimer finished the look. I was quite please with this look.

mac_aiken

Hello all!
First I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and warm wishes. They were very much appreciated. Dave is approaching week 4 since his surgery. Other than some extreme weight loss that he really couldn't afford (He is 6' 5" and struggles to maintain his weight at 175. He is currently around 150.) and crankiness from no solid food, he is doing as well as can be expected. He will go back to work next week (part time, light duty) which, to be honest, we are both happy about. He will also see the surgeon next week and, hopefully if things are still progressing nicely, we will start planning for the plates and wiring to come out a couple of weeks after that.

Back on topic: Was this an extremely limited collection? The collection hit Nordstrom counters here on a Tuesday. I had my favorite MUA hold my selections until Friday and when I returned they were already sold out of Vanities, Fauve and Twilight and had 1 Lagoons left. In my discussion with the MUA she said this collection had sold better than their fall collection did and all Seattle area stores are now out of stock.

I have to admit I love my little purchase. Twilight and Fauve are so gorgeous together. Can't wait to try Twilight with Magic Night and both of them with Amethyst. I also love Vanities but with green eyes I am a sucker for purple shadows.

As I find my MAC collection dwindling, my Chanel collection is selectively growing. I have purchased more Chanel than ever before in the last 6 months but I have been very pleased with every purchase and the items are all getting used and loved.

Elegant, how do you like the lash curler?

shontay07108

I just got back from Nordies and they had this collection! I did a quick swatch of Lagons and immediately said "I want this!". It's gorgeous. I am not crazy about blue shadow on me, but this is a perfect mix of light and dark. It's so sophisticated(the main word I associate with Chanel) and the texture is a dream(once again). I will try to get a good picture up in a few. I saw the other items in the collection, but didn't swatch. I just went ahead and got Lagons and then got the hell out of there because I had just spent way too much in Sephora.

jmarie

I haven't been here long and don't know your husband's circumstances. However, I will say a prayer for him.

I love the eye lash curler, by the way.

shontay07108

The difference between the two lightest colors is that one has a white cast and the other one has a silver cast. There's a deep blue, similar to Mac's Deep Truth, with shimmer and there's a dusty, sorta denim blue that has a satin texture.

jmarie

shontay07108, Lagoons looks great on you!!

Has anyone bought the new eyebrow pencil. I tried BLOND CLAIR but, it wasn't ash enough for me and didn't look close enough to my natural brow color. The other colors were too dark for me. I am a little bummed because I was really looking forward to these.

Winthrop44

Brun Naturel was too dark for me so I was considering Blond Clair, but between what you just said and Cafemakeup's comment a long time ago that it was a tad too yellow for her I think it won't work on me either.

Icecaramellatte

The difference between the two lightest colors is that one has a white cast and the other one has a silver cast. There's a deep blue, similar to Mac's Deep Truth, with shimmer and there's a dusty, sorta denim blue that has a satin texture.
Oh this quad looks so tempting. I'm not one for blues either but I almost added in with my purchases but I wanted to exercise some restraint. Looks beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

Miss QQ

Now I'm beginning to lem for lagons and vanities, especially vanities since I don't have anything like it while I have blue celestes. Karla did a swatch and review of the collection. The promo pic is so pretty! Night Magic is calling my name too!

Rads

I checked the Vanities quad at the counter..and guess it's not for me..the colours hardly showed up on my dark hands - am assuming they won't be any better on my eyelids :D Have posted the swatches of the Vanities, Lagon, and the 4 single shadows here: http://www.weekendramblings.com/2011/02/chanel-les-4-ombres-eye-shadow-quad.html Loving the lash curler. The mascara, I got a sample of it and I found it quite similar to the regular Inimitable mascara. I liked the Sublime one more than this..

bis

Now I'm beginning to lem for lagons and vanities, especially vanities since I don't have anything like it while I have blue celestes. Karla did a swatch and review of the collection. The promo pic is so pretty! Night Magic is calling my name too!
Yes, Lagons is reallyreally pretty, especially in the European version. Very tempted. I tried Magic Night as well, as everybody is raving about it, but I found it too warm/red on me :dunno: And I am very hard trying to ignore Vanites, but as it is perm here, I think I will succeed ;) Btw, do you know if Lagons will be perm for us as well?

Miss QQ

^^ Yup Lagons is perm as it is replacing Blue Celeste, which was perm as well. I feel I can resist Vanities too because it is perm. Almost bought it last week, and this week I'm thinking about it again.
girlhaha.gif
I can wear Ebloui, but Night Magic is redder and more brown, so I'm not sure if I can pull it off too.

bis

^^ Yup Lagons is perm as it is replacing Blue Celeste, which was perm as well. I feel I can resist Vanities too because it is perm. Almost bought it last week, and this week I'm thinking about it again.
girlhaha.gif
I can wear Ebloui, but Night Magic is redder and more brown, so I'm not sure if I can pull it off too.
Can you try it at your counter? MN looks like a really great eyeshadow, but at least I already know it won't work on me. And nobody try to tell me otherwise :lol:

Miss QQ

Thanks I will not buy NM without trying on my eyes. Though I don't like to try eyeshadows on my eyes because that means I have to go without eyeshadows on or wiping off what I have on.

QueenOfSnark

Slowpoke here, but I finally got around to checking out the Sophisticated Eye collection. My Chanel SAs snuck me a sample of the Inimitable Intense and I LURV it, though it's my first Chanel mascara and so I can't compare it to the previous Inimitable mascara. Perfectly thickens, seperates, lifts, and curls in one stroke--no spider legs for me.
heart.gif

The eyelash curler was a pleasant surprise, as I had no plans whatsoever on getting it, but my current one (Tarte) kept pinching the hell out of my eyelids so it was time to chuck it. Despite hearing that the Shu Uemura curler was the best for Asian/almond eyes I'm pleasantly surprised by Chanel's. It's lightweight but doesn't feel flimsy, firm, and captures all of my long/straight lashes without a hint of a pinch. I don't even have to curl my lashes over several passes anymore. I still think it's a bit overpriced, and I worry about the lack of replacement pads for purchase, but hopefully by the time I run out of pads Chanel starts selling them. If not, time to hunt down a Shu. :)