Chanel Summer 2011

ILoveMakeup84

after a week of wearing pensee i can officially say i am in love. the gloss lasts such a long time. has the most beautiful shine! i want more now though!
I need to try one of the glossimers! I have a Chanel counter here so I am going to swatch them and see what's all about lol

wishonastar

Does anyone know why the quads come as either square pans or round pans? The Summer quad on Temptalia has square pans but mine has round pans. I read something on the new Fall quad that American versions are different. I'm confused.

Anneri

We in Europe get the round pans with the baked formula, America has the other one - I don't know why, though.

wishonastar

We in Europe get the round pans with the baked formula, America has the other one - I don't know why, though.
Oh... is the pigmentation the same? I like the other ones, I think they look nicer. It is misleading, Boots have some as square quads. Do we get the same amount of product?

Anneri

I googled a bit and found out that apparently the quads are made by different manufacturers, hence the difference. The texture of the US-quads seemingly is smoother.
I'm a Chanel newbie, so I don't know what's behind all this. In another forum I read that Chanel apparently wants to standardise the quads worldwide which would be nice, because I don't like baked e/s that much!

LMD84

Oh... is the pigmentation the same? I like the other ones, I think they look nicer. It is misleading, Boots have some as square quads. Do we get the same amount of product?
in a way i find the pigmentation better on my quad (baked version) because we can use it wet! which instantly means the colours go on more opaque!

pond23

Unfortunately, if and when they standardize the eyeshadow quads, they are going to go with the European formulation. This is what I have heard from various sources, and I hope it is wrong because I definitely prefer the texture of the U.S. ones.

But as LMD84 said, the baked quads can always be intensified with water or with another mixing medium.

LMD84

Unfortunately, if and when they standardize the eyeshadow quads, they are going to go with the European formulation. This is what I have heard from various sources, and I hope it is wrong because I definitely prefer the texture of the U.S. ones.

But as LMD84 said, the baked quads can always be intensified with water or with another mixing medium.
i guess in a way it will be good that everybody has the same... but equally i wish they would go with whatever is the best quality!

soezje

I found the bronzer very pretty but only used as a blush, it is to shimmery to use as an overall bronzer

Anneri

Quote: Originally Posted by LMD84
i guess in a way it will be good that everybody has the same... but equally i wish they would go with whatever is the best quality!

Yes, that would be good. I plan to test one of the quads from the US whenever I can get one into my greedy little paws, maybe during my vacation next year. one of the American blushes, too!

I did a really great look with the summer quad today - a really easy one, too! The taupe colour all over the lid and blended into the crease with the khaki Armani ETK shadow and some highlighter under the browbone. Then Rose Platine, a peachy blush, a little bronzer and Pensee - eh voila! Easy, pretty, quick.

wishonastar

See I thought they were less pigmented, my baked Summer quad seems that way and harder to use then the swatches on Temptalia. I wasn't sure if you could use them wet like mineralize, after paying that much for them I didn't want to risk ruining them. I've got water based mixing medium, fix + and obviously water. Is the best way to use them to wet the brush with either of these and then dip in the shadow or to dip in first then wet the brush? I love the look of the US quads, they just seem so smooth and buttery :( I would have thought Chanel would have gone for that but then as they are a French brand it makes sense to go with what the European market have plus all of the promos seem to have the baked versions in them. Bloody shame though. Oh well... stiff brush is best I find for baked shadows.

Winthrop44

It's supposedly ok to use the US shadows wet as well, though I can't say I have. Honestly I've tried many of the older Chanel quads and JCs in the baked formula via swapping and sadly if they switch over to all baked for both I will probably not buy them anymore. I do prefer some of the JC shades in the Euro formula (like Narcisse and Rose Dust, both cooler toned than their US counterparts), but my rosacea cheeks don't like the baked formula, and I don't care for the texture of the baked e/s, they just have too much fallout and too little pigmentation for me. I guess it's possible that they could tweak the formula if they do a complete switch over, but barring that...well my wallet could be happy I guess. Another thought is that since they seem to make at least some of the US formula products in France already maybe moving all production over to Europe does not equal baked formula at all? My Rose ecrin JC says Made In France, as does my Espiegle, but they are both the US formula. I haven't seen a JC that actually says Made in USA on the back since my Nude JC. And the Byzance quad is supposed to be made in Europe, isn't it? I only hear raves about the texture...

Anneri

Quote: Originally Posted by wishonastar
Is the best way to use them to wet the brush with either of these and then dip in the shadow or to dip in first then wet the brush? I love the look of the US quads, they just seem so smooth and buttery :( I would have thought Chanel would have gone for that but then as they are a French brand it makes sense to go with what the European market have plus all of the promos seem to have the baked versions in them. Bloody shame though. Oh well... stiff brush is best I find for baked shadows.

I always use a stiff brush, dip it in the shadow and then spritz the brush with Fix+. Works quite well.
When mineral products get wet, they can develop quite a hard crust which spoils a bit of the product. HTH!

ILoveMakeup84

I am using Rose platine all over my eyelids today and it looks gorgeous! I have oily lids and it hasn't moved and I've been out in the sun sweating, and I didn't use a primer. You girls should try it! Such an easy and classy looks :D

LMD84

yup i always spray my brush too rather than spraying the shadow. also mine have no weird crusts on them but perhaps that is because i leave the shadows with their lids open so they can dry out before putting them away?

shontay07108

I used my Lilium quad for the first time today(outside of my initial test). I put the light pink color under the brow, the dark green in the crease and the taupe color on the lid. That taupe is the main reason I bought the quad. It's to die for. All of the shadows are lovely and so easy to blend. I put Rose Plantine on the waterline and Mufe aqua eyes pencil in 20L(dark green) on the lower lash. Then I put Boy rouge coco shine on my lips and since I was feeling fancy, I added Sin-tillation lipgelee by Mac. I love it!

LMD84

I used my Lilium quad for the first time today(outside of my initial test). I put the light pink color under the brow, the dark green in the crease and the taupe color on the lid. That taupe is the main reason I bought the quad. It's to die for. All of the shadows are lovely and so easy to blend. I put Rose Plantine on the waterline and Mufe aqua eyes pencil in 20L(dark green) on the lower lash. Then I put Boy rouge coco shine on my lips and since I was feeling fancy, I added Sin-tillation lipgelee by Mac. I love it!
oh i bet you look lovely today! sounds like a nice look!

Anneri

Has anybody any dupes for the taupe colour in the quad? I had a look around but couldn't find any. Is it maybe similar to Fauve?