Chanel Summer 2011

wishonastar

And the Byzance quad is supposed to be made in Europe, isn't it? I only hear raves about the texture...
The Byzance quad is nothing like the regular European quad formula. It is very smooth and buttery and they look pressed as they have the logo and design in them rather than being domed.

kanne

Has anybody any dupes for the taupe colour in the quad? I had a look around but couldn't find any. Is it maybe similar to Fauve?

I don't have the quad, but I really don't think it would be. I have Fauve and it seems much more purple and shimmery. Going from temptalia's swatches, I don't think they'd even be in the same group of colours, which is disappointing because I love that taupey colour in the quad and my counter isn't getting it :(

Shypo

Has anybody any dupes for the taupe colour in the quad? I had a look around but couldn't find any. Is it maybe similar to Fauve?
No, they're nothing alike - I haven't found anything that comes close to being a dupe.......

Shypo

So even with all of the hubbub around the Fall and Byzance collections, I broke out my summer wares today and did a look with the Lillium quad - here is the result (the pics with my camera never do the 'look' justice - it's always so much prettier in person
sigh.gif
so it's either my bad photography skills, or a sucky camera
girlhaha.gif
):

Eyes: Lillium quad (all colors), MAC Gesso, Rose Platine, MAC False Lashes
Face: Chanel Aqualumiere RC30, Poudre Douce in Rose
Cheeks: Espiegle JC
Lips: Antigone RCS

Bonitinha

Beautiful again Cheryl -- Antigone looks absolutely gorgeous on you!! Love the look you did with Lilium, too
heart.gif

Ikram

After some thinking I decided to backup on Bronze Rose.

It is the first ever Chanel product I have decided to back up and I need to say it belongs to my most fave makeup products ever.

Didn't like it much at first but it totally grew on me.

I was SO LUCKY when I found it in a store near me last week.

Miss QQ

^^ BR is worth backing up! Lucky that you can still find it! I didn't backup as I think I won't finish the product, but I love it. I backup rose platine and it is the first makeup I backup! Cheryl - you look very beautiful! Love Antigone on you! And you did a great look with lilium. I'm still wearing this collection too.

LMD84

After some thinking I decided to backup on Bronze Rose.

It is the first ever Chanel product I have decided to back up and I need to say it belongs to my most fave makeup products ever.

Didn't like it much at first but it totally grew on me.

I was SO LUCKY when I found it in a store near me last week.
i agree - it is a fabulous product and i use mine multiple times a week!

Alisha1

Ok I completely forgot that I was supposed to try and get ahold of Bronze Rose! I love Bronze Coral but I don't know if I should get BR what with summer almost over! What do you guys think?? :)

Ikram

I wear bronzer daily so it is a no brainer for me. I look washed out otherwise and I love on this that it is sort of blush also. I love tossing this in my makeupbag and use after my dance classes, 2 swipes and my face is perfect slightly bronzed and blushed adn I am good to go and no need to fiddle with extra products and brushes.

I found the brush from the packaging to work the best. I swipe across the brown colors only and use it for one swipe down my face, forehead, nose, chin and then I run the brush across all colors and use it in my cheekbones.

I talked with Chanel MA at my recent Chanel makeover and she told me if you like get it because you wont see it again for next XY years.

My problem is that the store near my has also Bronze Corail so my wallet starts to get itchy.

Shypo

I have both, and a backup of Bronze Rose.......this is one product I'm thrilled Chanel brought out - I really hope they do it again. Alisha, if you can get it, you probably should.....you really won't regret it!

Miss QQ

I wanted to buy the cream bronzer but it was out of stock. It comes in a pot and applies matte. Anyone has it? I think elegant has it. I like BR but it has slight shimmer so I can't apply it all over my face.

Shypo

I have it, and yes, it is matte. It's great for an all-over warmth! I use my MAC 168 to apply it.....which reminds me, I really need another 168. I use that brush every day and constantly have to wash it....

Miss QQ

Do you use the 168 for applying blush too? Do you use the cream bronzer regularly? I want it to add some warmth because my current foundations are a little too pale on me. But if I don't use the bronzer enough I worry it will dry up. The pot looks huge.

Shypo

Do you use the 168 for applying blush too? Do you use the cream bronzer regularly? I want it to add some warmth because my current foundations are a little too pale on me. But if I don't use the bronzer enough I worry it will dry up. The pot looks huge.

Yes, I use the 168 for blush as well.

I keep the cap screwed on really tight and have no issues with it drying out. It's not over creamy anyway - it's quite 'dense'. I don't use it all the time, but occasionally - I bought a lot of bronzers this year so it doesn't get as much love as last year, but I do reach for it about once a week. I find I like it more for a 'contoured' look - under my cheekbones, along my jawline, and under my chin....then I bring it up my temples to my hairline. A little goes a very long way, and yes, the pot is huge!

Miss QQ

My Chanel blush brush is dying and I need a new one. I will take a look at 168. Thanks for your description on how you wear the bronzer, I want to try contouring as it is something I don't do much. I want to try some new wyas of doing my makeup. :) Yeh I get what you mean that it is not creamy and quite dense. The pot looks pretty, and the size makes it look very generous.