Chanel Summer 2011

LMD84

just bought pensee and wearing it already! i feel a new love for the glossimers coming on! just as sparkly as a dazzleglass but not sticky at all! heck yeah!

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy! Yup they are my favourite glosses. Although they are not sticky, they last very long and don't migrate out of my lips. I'm wearing Lilium today and I thought of you. I love the highlight shade and the light green shade. I initially bought the quad for the taupe and it isn't my favourite.

LMD84

^^ Enjoy! Yup they are my favourite glosses. Although they are not sticky, they last very long and don't migrate out of my lips. I'm wearing Lilium today and I thought of you. I love the highlight shade and the light green shade. I initially bought the quad for the taupe and it isn't my favourite.
thanks! i am so pleased to know they are not travelling glosses! hee hee! and yes the taupe is my least favourite shade. i am in love with the pinky highlight shade the most which is quite surprising! i bet you look beautiful today wearing it :)

Anneri

How do you guys wear the colours from the quad? I've done two looks, and I can't come up with more combos - d'oh!

This is what I've done before: light green all over the lid, taupe in the crease, pink as a highlight and the dark green as a liner (lower lashline). Or: Taupe all over the lid, light green in the inner corner, dark green in the crease and pink as highlight.

I think I'll get one of the glossimers today or tomorrow - my first!

LMD84

How do you guys wear the colours from the quad? I've done two looks, and I can't come up with more combos - d'oh!

This is what I've done before: light green all over the lid, taupe in the crease, pink as a highlight and the dark green as a liner (lower lashline). Or: Taupe all over the lid, light green in the inner corner, dark green in the crease and pink as highlight.

I think I'll get one of the glossimers today or tomorrow - my first!
i like wearing it with the light green on my lid wet. the in the crease the dark green dry and the pink to highlight. or the taupe on lid and dark green in crease and pink to highlight. or even the light green on inner half of lid, dark green on outer half and then taupe in the crease with the pink to highlight :)

and enjoy your first gloss too! which will you choose! i am so in love with pensee!

Anneri

Thanks for your suggestions Lou!

I'm not sure yet which glossimer I'll get - maybe Pensee or Nakkar? I'm so looking forward to going the counter tomorrow! Today it was raining so hard I didn't want to go out...
th_rolleye0014.gif

Btw, love the new vid! And noticed that you mentioned the make up book!
heart.gif
So curious what you'll say about it!

kanne

Just found out that my counter isn't getting the Summer collection. So sad, I really wanted the eyeliner!

LMD84

Thanks for your suggestions Lou!

I'm not sure yet which glossimer I'll get - maybe Pensee or Nakkar? I'm so looking forward to going the counter tomorrow! Today it was raining so hard I didn't want to go out...
th_rolleye0014.gif

Btw, love the new vid! And noticed that you mentioned the make up book!
heart.gif
So curious what you'll say about it!
oh absolutely! the make up book reviews will be uploaded next monday for you :) i review that on and the nars one :) and i hope it is not raining today so you can go out!!

Shypo

kanne, that's too bad - can you order it online?

Anneri, I love Lillium too - and I think of all of us when I wear it! Lou's combos sound awesome - I even play with the pink as an above-crease color.........I also like using the darkest green all over my lid, starting in the outer corner and working it in to sheer it out a bit.

I'm hoping to pick up the Fall collection tomorrow - Nordies is supposed to get it - and they have the anniversary collection now. I'm really hoping they get the Byzance collection, as that lipstick is haunting me!

Hope you ladies have had a good week so far - I for one am glad tomorrow is Friday!!

Winthrop44

So glad you are back Cheryl, and with another funny avatar. At least I think it's funny unless it has some meaning I don't understand. Have fun at Nordies today. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Shypo

Hi Wintrhop! Thanks! Yes, I thought it was funny too, and it has no meaning this time around - once and again I'll do a 'theme', but not this time. I just thought she was cute. I have a really pretty (and tasteful) skull pendant by Barbara Bixby that has pink tourmalines in it, and since I got it I am intrigued by skulls - but the cute ones, not the menacing-looking ones. I think they have a meaning, but I have forgotten it
blush-anim-cl.gif

It's good to be back - I'm almost caught up on everything! Yay!!

Winthrop44

Impressive considering how chatty we are and how many collections are coming out all bunched together. Can't wait to hear your take on the cream shadows too.

ILoveMakeup84

So finally my Bronze Corail and Rose platine arrived Wednesday! I have to say I LOVE both! Bronze Corail looks amazing on my NC20 skin so I really think fair skined ladies can use this without a problem :D It gives a really nice bronzed look without looking orange or over the top. I like it soo much I plan on getting Bronze Rose now.
Rose platine is another winner! I am so glad my friend was able to get one for me, because it really brightens my eyes. I used it yesterday on my waterline and lower lash line and wow my eyes looked really awake!

I can honestly say I now understand why so many people love Chanel. It's not cheap but you really pay for quality. I am super excited of my new found love for Chanel makeup :D

Shypo

th_hug.gif
Glad you love your goodies ILMU84! Enjoy wearing them! Yes, we're all a bit blown away by the brand - you can't go wrong!

Welcome to the 'club'!
th_ymca.gif

LMD84

after a week of wearing pensee i can officially say i am in love. the gloss lasts such a long time. has the most beautiful shine! i want more now though!

Hippymeow

I took the jump and bought my first Chanel item on Tuesday! This being something I have lusted after since seeing swatches a few months ago! The beautiful Mimosa nail polish! I adore this shade and am so happy that i took the plunge for it. Totally going to be shopping at the Chanel counter more!

Shypo

Congratulations Hippymeow!!
clapping.gif
It will be hard to resist more now!! I also took the plunge on Mimosa, mostly for my toes - it is gorgeous! Are those your nails in your avatar? They're lovely!!

We Chanel ladies get a bit crazy - if you haven't ventured over to the Fall thread, do so at your own peril......
girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif
whistle.gif