Counterfeit Nars - Post your possible counterfeit items here

missmolliecule

There is NO WAY that 9 color palette is real. NARS would never release anything like that... especially not with an icky foam sponge applicator...

wings

Hi, long time Specktra reader - first time poster. :)

Does anyone know if the NARS logo on the Bronzing brush is etched or printed onto the handle?

In Australia, the NARS #19 Bronzing Brush is sold in stores for around US$150(!). So I decided to risk buying from an eBay seller. They claim their brushes are authentic US imports and had excellent feedback, so I thought "why not". Anyway - you can see where this is going - the brush arrived and the logo placement didn't match the authentic brush featured in the product listing photo.

The seller assured me it was authentic but said they would be happy to give me a refund. Apart from the suspect logo location, the brush appears to be very well made. The bristles are soft and dense and the handle and ferrule are solid and sturdy. This aside, I would love some input from those who own one! :)

The "NARS" logo on the brush I received is located on the centre of the brush handle, on a very slight angle (rather than near the base) and the number "19" on the back of the handle is blurry and poorly applied.
I brought this up with the seller, asking them to confirm if the item was authentic. Their reply:

Quote: Hi it's definitely authentic. Nars maker change little things like bristles and imprint position over time. If you are uncomfortable with that, please do not use it and return it to me. And I am more than happy to issue refund. Regards <seller name>

SUMM3RxBABii

Hi, long time Specktra reader - first time poster. :) Does anyone know if the NARS logo on the Bronzing brush is etched or printed onto the handle? In Australia, the NARS #19 Bronzing Brush is sold in stores for around US$150(!). So I decided to risk buying from an eBay seller. They claim their brushes are authentic US imports and had excellent feedback, so I thought "why not". Anyway - you can see where this is going - the brush arrived and the logo placement didn't match the authentic brush featured in the product listing photo.The seller assured me it was authentic but said they would be happy to give me a refund. Apart from the suspect logo location, the brush appears to be very well made. The bristles are soft and dense and the handle and ferrule are solid and sturdy. This aside, I would love some input from those who own one! :)

The "NARS" logo on the brush I received is located on the centre of the brush handle, on a very slight angle (rather than near the base) and the number "19" on the back of the handle is blurry and poorly applied.I brought this up with the seller, asking them to confirm if the item was authentic. Their reply:
Your brush looks authentic to me. I know how the cheap inscription can be a little off but here's my 1 brush that i got at a duty-free shop, in comparison to show you that the cheap lettering is typical-

winwin

I'm not a NARS expert, nor have I had time to visit a store to actually compare this to the same blush.

I got this dolce vita blush in a swap and I compared it to all of my other nars blushes and I'm concerned it may be a counterfeit. Quite possibly you guys may be able to help.
Please tell me I'm freaking out over nothing.

The label information looks different than the other nars blushes i own which I know are authentic!

Comparing labels side by side

The lettering on the dolce vita is smaller than my oasis

The mirror doesn't go back nearly as far as my other blushes. That's the furthest back it goes!

WhatWouldJoanDo

Authentic ...

In different years and with different collections they changed a little, so I too have variation in labels/packaging in my stash; mine are all from NARS counters and NARScosmetics online.

I'm not a NARS expert, nor have I had time to visit a store to actually compare this to the same blush.

I got this dolce vita blush in a swap and I compared it to all of my other nars blushes and I'm concerned it may be a counterfeit. Quite possibly you guys may be able to help.
Please tell me I'm freaking out over nothing.

The label information looks different than the other nars blushes i own which I know are authentic!

Comparing labels side by side

The lettering on the dolce vita is smaller than my oasis

The mirror doesn't go back nearly as far as my other blushes. That's the furthest back it goes!

Dar

Just got a Nars Fuji eye shadow from ACW and compared it to my Galapagos and there are loads of differences including the amount of product can anyone help please , Is it fake ?

WhatWouldJoanDo

i would say the fuji is old because t doesn't have the best before jar ... but then again it says "makeup your mind" which is a 'newer' thing that they add (the reason I say this is: my vintage nars shadows that i bought from nars directly doesn't say 'makeup your mind', doesn't have the expiry jar, and is the old black package which peals/whitens - whereas the newer packaging stays matte black) ....... so my only other thought is that it is made for a country that doesn't require the expiry jar?? ...the weight difference is normal I have some 3.5 and others 2.2 and again they are all from nars directly...... in any case, do you like the pigment? is it the same as what is at the nars/sephora counters? ..... keep in mind not every pigment will made in the same place - that is normal. if it is a concern and you don't want old product which can sometimes by a different consistency/"hardness" i would just buy things from nars directly, or sephora.

Just got a Nars Fuji eye shadow from ACW and compared it to my Galapagos and there are loads of differences including the amount of product can anyone help please , Is it fake ?

MarieMary

I agree with WhatWouldJoanDo on some of her points. ;)

I do have an old eyashadow duo (bought on the NARScosmetics website so it's legit) that doesn't have the jar logo, but it does say "Makeup Your Mind" on the back label.
As for the weight, I don't have enough single eyeshadows to form a useful opinion, so I'll trust WhatWouldJoanDo on that. ;)
The labels do change a little over time, so any little difference is not proof enough that it's fake.

What seems different from the eyeshadows that I have is that on your Fuji the label seems to have been placed on top of another one (the original one?). And the imprint on the label (usually a combination of 3 or 4 letters + numbers) is absent (maybe because it's not the original label).

Maybe they printed and placed a new label because on the original one it said it was not intended for sale, or it was marked as a tester? Can you try and peel off the label to see what's underneath?
Have you compared the color of the product with pictures online? Because sometimes copies are so bad that the color doesn't match at all the original product.

I think what's more telling if it's a fake or not is the quality of the packaging itself and the color. ;) If both are OK and similar to genuine NARS items, then it's a real NARS. ;)

Giemh

Hi!

I'm so glad I found this forum! I have just done a swap for a Nars Botan brush, which has been nagging me since I got it. The swapper got over 200 positive tokens so I shouldn't be suspicious, but the brush didn't come in a Nars box or a plastic shaper. She said it was part of the expensive kabuki set, still the brush came in a factory sealed plastic bag. I have no idea if that set wrapped all the brushes in indivual bags, but for me it seems unpretty for a giftbox like that. This is however my first Nars brush so I don't have anything to compare with. This has been bothering me so much that I want to buy one from SpaceNK and compare, but I don't have that much money now. If someone could compare an instore bought Botan brush for me that would be so awesome! The code on the brush is K03UN.

Sachie

Hi! I bought a NARS Laguna from an online seller. I'm not a NARS pro. Could someone check if I got the authentic or fake NARS? I also heard about NARS bronzers always comes with a sponge. Mine doesn't have one. Does it mean this is fake? The seller said it's 100% authentic.

MarieMary

Hello! :)
I don't have Laguna bronzer, so I can't say about the sponge (although I'm pretty sure NARS bronzers don't come with a sponge).
I can't find a single "defect" or anything out of the ordinary on your pictures. Everything, from the obvious to the tiniest detail, looks like your typical NARS product. :)

kimmae17

Its not a sponge exactly that it comes with , more like a white pad that covers the product to protect it. That looks real enough

paopao

They come with a thin sponge-like pad that covers the product. But your Laguna look pretty authentic, maybe it's just that the pad's missing.

luvlydee

When i bought the nars bronzer from sephora it didnt come with a sponge. So maybe some do and some dont?