Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Dominique33

Honestly I am not a huge fan of this collection... I much prefer the Chanel or Nars collections. The Dior one is odd, esp. after 2 very romantic or classic ones Spring and Summer 2012 !

Shypo

I am way behind and need to catch up on the thread, but I'm a bit lost - were the Aurora and Zenith bronzers exclusive to Asia and Europe? We apparently did not get them here - only Sunlight and Sunset that are the 'multi-colored' bronzers with 'NUDE' etched in them......I've checked several places and Aurora and Zenith were not options......

Apologies if I've missed something somewhere ;).

cutemiauw

I'm not crazy about the fall collection either. I think it's too green for me, and greens tend to give me a more serious and mature look (which is not the look I want to convey
lol.gif
) .

Ikram

I like this way better than Chanel's fall offering.

But then, I love greens.

Like the quint, not sure if I will splurge on it as I already have similar Khaki shadow by Burberry which is of excellent quality, will decide depending on swatches if they are frosty or not.

Dont like the jungle palettes.

Like blushes, I recently broke my Madly so I could use on the these to replace.

Love the polishes, I missed out on Chanel Khaki polish and wanted one ever since. The Khaki and maybe the gold are mine.

Dominique33

For you ladies who love green shades I think this collection is pretty but personally I positiveley hate green colours, except when they pastel like in the Dior Garden Pastels or the MUFE la Bohème palette ( 1 very green shade easily wearable when I use another eyeshadow from the palette ),
I don't know if it's for Europe only ? The Jungle fashion is trendy, I saw the China Glaze collection well not for me but why not ? The Dior collection is totally different from the Chanel classicism or the cold amazing colours from Nars, green is green, Chanel also did the khaki polishes some time ago, again not my cup of tea but definitely trendy !

Ikram

For you ladies who love green shades I think this collection is pretty but personally I positiveley hate green colours, except when they pastel like in the Dior Garden Pastels or the MUFE la Bohème palette ( 1 very green shade easily wearable when I use another eyeshadow from the palette ),
I don't know if it's for Europe only ? The Jungle fashion is trendy, I saw the China Glaze collection well not for me but why not ? The Dior collection is totally different from the Chanel classicism or the cold amazing colours from Nars, green is green, Chanel also did the khaki polishes some time ago, again not my cup of tea but definitely trendy !
I was exactly thinking about the Jungle trend last time.
Definitelly has to be a trend.
Guerlain's interpretation is copper/brown.

I really liked to colors in Garden pastels but unfortunatelly they were so frosty.

Shypo

Shypo, if you need one of them, pm me!
Thank you Anneri!!! I will do that - I'm hunting down some other pics of it to see if it would work for me. I ordered the Sunlight, though - I had seen it when it first came out, intending to get it, but never did. I'm glad you love it! And I agree, the packaging is sooo nice!!!

Shypo

I'm not sure I'm digging the jungle palettes, but the quint has some appeal....I love those cool greenish colors (my eyes are the color of the liner on the lower right side)....the blush on the left is quite pretty, but probably dupe-able. I'll have to see the collection in person - I seem to have minimal interest when the pics come out, but then change my tune when I see stuff in person......
th_crazy.gif

Dominique33

LOL I also change my tune very often when collections are on counter ! But not this time, too green for me. I don't know where to post this : the new eyeshadow collection from Lancôme has just been launched, with 24 shades and a new mascara " regard cinéma " so far I know. I am not a fan of Lancôme ( l'oréal ), I prefer Chanel, Dior, Nars, M.A.C and others but it looks rather pretty. But 26 € the single eyeshadow well it's too expensive I think.
The good thing with Dior quints is their pigments and very classy presentation, I think there a 2 quints : a kaki and a brown one.

Dominique33

You will find more on Chic Profile. The whole summer collection in fact. Fall collections are now on the web, I've just heard luxury products might be more expensive, well I hope not !
blink.gif

Miss QQ

Cheryl - I have the Asia exclusive Aurore bronzer. I love the packaging and the powder is very finely milled. At first I use it as a blush with heavy application, since I thought the colour is light, and someone commented that it dulls my face. So now I use it as a bronzer, and I apply my usual blushes at the apple of my cheeks. If I get darker in the following months I'll try it on my cheeks again. Right now I'm still NC20. The packaging is a winner, and the shimmer is very fine. It's pricey but it's the only bronzer I bought this summer and it looks very pretty on my vanity.

Dominique33

Ok now I see ! The " simple " eyeshadows are 18 € ( I don't know if they are discontinued ? ), the new ones are pretty but not the same price ! Definitely I prefer quads, quints either from Dior, Chanel or M.A.C like Lady Grey which is simply gorgeous.

Shypo

Miss QQ - thanks for the info! I'm debating getting it - it is such a pretty color that I am very tempted! I sort of want to see if Sunlight will work for me - the Aurore may be too pale for my skintone (NW25). I guess I'd better make up my mind before it gets gone!!

Interesting about the Lancome shadows - I quite like the Ombre Absolu that I have collected from Strawberry (Erika F is a fave - I think that's the name) - I don't think these are on the US site yet (I checked a day or so ago).....but yes, that's pretty expensive.......

Ikram

My Nordstrom had the the fall collection out.

I saw the gold polish, the Jungle palette, blushes and the brown quint. They didnt have the grren items I was most interested in- Khaki polish and khaki quint.

The Jungle palettes have a glitter overspray on them, under they are matte I think.

The brown quint had also some mattes in it.
The blushes didnt look like they are pigmened and swatched chalky. I have never tried Dior Blush before.

Will wait for the khaki quint and polish.

Miss QQ

Some info and pics of the fall collection. The khaki nail polish is a crackle top coat, and the swatch looks like croc skin lol. http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/06/dior-fall-look-golden-jungle.html http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/06/dior-golden-jungle-nail-effect.html Cheryl - I think I read that the bronzers are perm, but I'm not certain.