Do others try to tell your how to wear you m/up or hair

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
"mom i don't feel like sitting infront of a mirror for an hour doing my hair"
After several talks during the day..

LOL

I love your curls!

My mom likes the big 80's hair with teasing. I don't want to do that to my hair. Yikes.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
i got a blunt fringe cut in and at first my fiance hated it, but everyone else says it looks great so tough luck to him!!!! He doesn't like my ruby woo lipstick or my girl about town and says they are too bright , but i think it looks shit hot!!! (must look too sexy lol)

Sounds like a hot look to me
winks.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Ditto. They will say if they like it or not, but to tell me how to wear it?

Newp.

Few people dare to tread there.

I love that. LOL
th_LMAO.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
My best friend and my middle brother ALWAYS have something to say about my m/u or hair. Either it's too dark, too light, I should go find a street corner, it's too blended, it's not blended well enough, those colors are crap, OMG what did you do to your hair! and on and on. There are days I could do without the opinions of the wonderduo there.

"Too blended" Whoa, I never heard of that one. I think that I am going to demand money for each time I am accused of having the hooker look. The charge will start at $200.

Actually, I started talking "OMG" statements from family as looking hot. LOL That's the looks that strangers in public will say, "Wow, what shade of lipstick is that?" or "I love your hair".

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
I wear my hair very short and my hubby much prefers long hair on women. I grew it out to the middle of my back for him once and hated it so off it went. He also doesn't care for the really bright eyeshadows I wear sometimes but he knows that when I feel better about myself and like the way I look its better for everyone.

In other words "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".

Boy, I love your hair and your e/s. Everytime I look at your pictures, I am in awe.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidesunset

Now if only I could show him that just because I'm negative color (haha, I'm that pale) doesn't mean I can't wear blue.

I am very fair too, so colors really show up on me. It can appear that I am wearing more than I am.

Yes, I would rock that blue.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex

shes always like smooth your hair down... stop getting extensions... you should wear your makeup more natural... why dont you stop bleaching your hair and go back to brunette etc etc

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Sounds like jealousy to me.

I don't disagree, but not every criticism stems from jealousy.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
My SO's pretty cool with it. Although he's not fond of lip products cause then they get on him. But he knows I enjoy and am pursuing it as a career and he knows what his addiction is. My mom will just say thing like 'Oh your eyes are dark' and then leave it at that. I used to get a lot of comments about my hair from my family cause it was purple. I usually only wearing neutrals around my family though.

I love how you wear your makeup! That's great your SO is cool with it.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
My boyfriend loves it when I wear makeup and go crazy on the eyes. He says it "enhances my looks", which in simplified terms means I look like crap without it! lol

He also hates it when I curl my hair but has gotten used to it and likes that my roots never stay curly. Loves me in dark brown hair, hates redheads.

Everyone in my makeup class wants to color my hair blonde for some strange reason.

For some reason, when I go to certain hairdressers, they want to dye my natural blonde hair dark brown. But, then I see them dying all the naturally dark brunette girls blonde. I wonder if it's for contrast. I actually allowed one to do it, because I love brunette hair. I looked so awful. I looked like I was ready for Halloween. Oh, but, I do love brunette hair.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
, "You know more about makeup than I do; you decide."
All that to say: While my mother does not attempt to tell me what makeup to wear, she has her ways of letting me know that she prefers that I go with fairly conservative shades, and I'm fine with that.
BUT she likes my hair short, and I like it long, so I wear it long.
graucho.gif

Awe, your mom sounds sweet.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedime
If my SO had his way I would only wear eyeliner and mascara. He hates it when I put a highlight color under my brow, and always says I'm to naturally pretty for all that "gunk". I use to give in and not wear anything, but life's too short to cater to everyone's opinions, so I wear whatever. My family loves when I put on makeup, though they did not understand when I cut off all of my relaxed hair to go natural, but they love the long locs now.

I think I would go into withdrawals if I only wore eyeliner and mascara. Your hair rocks!

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I don't disagree, but not every criticism stems from jealousy.

Looking at the poster, uh, I still say it's jealousy. She is smokin hot.

Not all criticism steming from jealousy sounds like a good theory topic for another thread.
smiles.gif

divinedime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I think I would go into withdrawals if I only wore eyeliner and mascara. Your hair rocks!

th_LMAO.gif
And thanks!
You know another thing came to me while I was looking over the new post. As far as men or SO's are concern, maybe they dis the makeup because they know you look hot and they don't want other men/woman noticing you, because then there would be competition. Just a thought.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i get it all the time.

my other half doesn't really care. it's my mum that tries to do the most input.

the other night i tried out a purple look on my eyes (just because i could), and she took one look at it and said "that's too dark on you". she's very critical of my makeup, hair, shoes and clothes.

i won't take makeup advice from her though. she wears foundation that is way too dark for her, and has often encouraged me to do the same so i don't look so pale. the funniest thing was one day i matched her foundation - she's a shade darker than i am and i had some foundation that matched her perfectly. i then did the rest of her makeup and when she looked at herself she thought it looked great.

so what did she do the next day? slap on too dark foundation, despite having a bottle of foundation that matched her skin tone.

Personally, I know I am trying to get my mother out of time warp. She thinks her eyes are tiny. She makes them up like that.

I am sooooooo glad you are doing your own thing. AWESOME!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
yeah me and one of my best mates are so different

when i go out i like big hair big boobs big makeup!!

lashings of black around the eyes and uber glossy lips...

and my hair back brushed as much and a bit 'undone'

shes always like smooth your hair down... stop getting extensions... you should wear your makeup more natural... why dont you stop bleaching your hair and go back to brunette etc etc

but if i turned round and said 'actually i think youd look better with a bit more makeup on' or 'i find your hair pretty boring' well that would be rude huh?

but i like us being so different

where as when im with my other mates with the same style...gosh we encourage eachother 'more blusher' 'more lips' we look like a bunch of drag queens by the end of a night out
greengrin.gif

Uh oh, sounds like your homegirl does not like the attention you receive!!

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Uh oh, sounds like your homegirl does not like the attention you receive!!

Totally agrees!