Do others try to tell your how to wear you m/up or hair

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Looking at the poster, uh, I still say it's jealousy. She is smokin hot.

completely made my day
thankyou sparklingwaves xx

CantAffordMAC

I don't find too much of a difference. You know why...is because I am only pretty if I have makeup and straight hair
th_LMAO.gif
lol

No, my boyfriend says his "least favorite" hairstyle is when I wear it naturally curly (which is understandable because its frizzy and gross) he's sweet though, because he doesn't say it looks bad, he just likes other styles better. He LOVES when I straighten it

My mom loves my curls. Because she has straight hair.

When I go out I get the most compliments on my straight hair and when my makeup is very done. boyfriend tells me I don't need makeup

lara

Eh, not really. Everyone would like me to wear my hair out more often, but that's just because it's always tied back or in a chignon.

My partner has never, ever told me that he doesn't like my make-up or how I look. He likes it when I'm bare-faced, he likes me when I'm done up, he likes me regardless. If he ever told me how to do my hair or make-up without me expressly inviting his opinion first, I'd probably clock him. It's my face, not his.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I don't find too much of a difference. You know why...is because I am only pretty if I have makeup and straight hair
th_LMAO.gif
lol

No, my boyfriend says his "least favorite" hairstyle is when I wear it naturally curly (which is understandable because its frizzy and gross) he's sweet though, because he doesn't say it looks bad, he just likes other styles better. He LOVES when I straighten it

My mom loves my curls. Because she has straight hair.

When I go out I get the most compliments on my straight hair and when my makeup is very done. boyfriend tells me I don't need makeup

I wonder if he likes it straight, because it may appear much longer. From your picture, those curls look soooo sexy. I just think there is something so sexy about curly hair. To me, it has this powerful wild sexual energy. The neat thing with it is you can make it straight when you want. (You can tame that energy).
winks.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
If he ever told me how to do my hair or make-up without me expressly inviting his opinion first, I'd probably clock him. It's my face, not his.

LOL
th_LMAO.gif

Dizzy

Quote:
"Too blended" Whoa, I never heard of that one. I think that I am going to demand money for each time I am accused of having the hooker look. The charge will start at $200.

Actually, I started talking "OMG" statements from family as looking hot. LOL That's the looks that strangers in public will say, "Wow, what shade of lipstick is that?" or "I love your hair".

I'm thinking I should take a page outta your book and start taking "OMG" statements as "I'm lookin good" lol. I get nicer compliments from strangers than I do my brother/best friend!

Yeah, the 'too blended' comment came from my best friend who was like "erm... aren't you suppose to TELL how many colors are there?" Then I gave her the :confused: look and was like "then what's the point of blending if you've got lines everywhere?"

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
I wonder if he likes it straight, because it may appear much longer. From your picture, those curls look soooo sexy. I just think there is something so sexy about curly hair. To me, it has this powerful wild sexual energy. The neat thing with it is you can make it straight when you want. (You can tame that energy).
winks.gif

lol, I think it has something to do with the fact that it looks longer. (But hey, thats why I like it straight too). Thanks for the compliment. My hair was nice in that picture, but I've been having problems with it recently and I really need to find a better product. With the right product and maybe if my hair was 5 inches longer, I'd wear it curly all the time. because I agree with you: its wild and sexy.
yahoo.gif

Chic 2k6

my nan hates it whenever i straighten my hair or dye it on rare occasions. I just tell her that it's 2007 not 1957 lol. usually shuts her up (im not disrespectful of her but she can get rude though).

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
my nan hates it whenever i straighten my hair or dye it on rare occasions. I just tell her that it's 2007 not 1957 lol. usually shuts her up (im not disrespectful of her but she can get rude though).

I hear you. It's generational differences. I have encountered that within my own family.

I remember when my grandmother was living. My grandmother wore pink lipstick and patted most of it off. She would never wear red lipstick. Whereas, my mother wouldn't go out the door without it. Then, my sister perferred colored glosses or sheer lipsticks. Talk about generation gaps.

*KT*

My hubby doesn't ever complain about hair or makeup. He will make comments when he really likes a certain cut/style/look, but otherwise has the "it's your hair/face" mentality. =)

When I saw this poll, I couldn't help but remember the experiences I had with a couple of my coworkers this past week.

1) A coworker asked me where I learned to do that! Referring to my eyes, she loves the different stuff that I've been doing lately and thinks it's really hot (her words). I found it very flattering because I'm FAR from being anything other than average skill-wise. Then she wanted to know what I buy and where to get it. MAC & BE pigments! Her husband may hate me soon, he's a big penny-pincher.

2) Another co-worker brought in her new Jane Iredale One-4-All palette that she won at a staff in-service and asked me if I had some time during the day if I would explain to her what to do with it. I thought that was so sweet that she'd ask me and again, felt so flattered that someone would think I was some sort of expert.

Anyway, warm fuzzies all over... sounds like an excuse to BUY MORE MAC! Like I needed an excuse.
th_LMAO.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
My hubby doesn't ever complain about hair or makeup. He will make comments when he really likes a certain cut/style/look, but otherwise has the "it's your hair/face" mentality. =)

When I saw this poll, I couldn't help but remember the experiences I had with a couple of my coworkers this past week.

1) A coworker asked me where I learned to do that! Referring to my eyes, she loves the different stuff that I've been doing lately and thinks it's really hot (her words). I found it very flattering because I'm FAR from being anything other than average skill-wise. Then she wanted to know what I buy and where to get it. MAC & BE pigments! Her husband may hate me soon, he's a big penny-pincher.

2) Another co-worker brought in her new Jane Iredale One-4-All palette that she won at a staff in-service and asked me if I had some time during the day if I would explain to her what to do with it. I thought that was so sweet that she'd ask me and again, felt so flattered that someone would think I was some sort of expert.

Anyway, warm fuzzies all over... sounds like an excuse to BUY MORE MAC! Like I needed an excuse.
th_LMAO.gif

WOW! Now, that's really awesome to have someone wanting to copy your look and another wanting a personal consultation.

Your hubby probably isn't complaining, because you are freakin rockin hot!

You are a PRO and don't know it.
smiles.gif

Kuuipo

No one has ever commented on my makeup except for a short time when I stopped wearing it (I had blisters all over from Steven Johnsons/toxic epidermolysis). Usually coworkers want me to put makeup on them, lol.
My hair, I get comments on. Two years ago I cut it really short after I had been attacked several times by brain injury patients. I was told by my boss that simply pinning it up was still inviting attack. So to show empathy (they can't help their impulsivity) I used clippers in the store room and shaved it to a half inch. It started a little trend for a while, too. A number of us looked like Annie Lennox.

SingFrAbsoltion

I don't really remember anyone telling me how to do my hair or mu..I don't really talk to my mom so I don't hear anything from her, my grandma likes it because I often do the retro look, and my bf is clueless. I tried asking him for avice a couple of times but that didn't go anywhere. It's always "use what you think is right" ha

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Ditto. They will say if they like it or not, but to tell me how to wear it?

Newp.

Few people dare to tread there.

Yep. That's a quick way to get me to tell you to piss off.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
No one has ever commented on my makeup except for a short time when I stopped wearing it (I had blisters all over from Steven Johnsons/toxic epidermolysis). Usually coworkers want me to put makeup on them, lol.
My hair, I get comments on. Two years ago I cut it really short after I had been attacked several times by brain injury patients. I was told by my boss that simply pinning it up was still inviting attack. So to show empathy (they can't help their impulsivity) I used clippers in the store room and shaved it to a half inch. It started a little trend for a while, too. A number of us looked like Annie Lennox.

That is a major compliment to have your coworkers wanting you to put m/up on them.

More importantly, I am so moved that you were willing to part with your hair to such a short length in order to take better care of your patients.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I don't really remember anyone telling me how to do my hair or mu..I don't really talk to my mom so I don't hear anything from her, my grandma likes it because I often do the retro look, and my bf is clueless. I tried asking him for avice a couple of times but that didn't go anywhere. It's always "use what you think is right" ha

I love retro looks. Grandma and I agree. Retro is cool.
smiles.gif

*KT*

Quote:
WOW! Now, that's really awesome to have someone wanting to copy your look and another wanting a personal consultation.

Your hubby probably isn't complaining, because you are freakin rockin hot!

You are a PRO and don't know it.
smiles.gif

You're so sweet.
kisses.gif
I think it's less any small amount of skill I have and more that most everyone where I work is so conservative that I'm one of only a few who mix it up a little. I've made some progress though, I managed to convert one girl to wearing color outside of brown! One down, so many to go! I think my new motto for office makeup conversion will be "When the going gets tough, the tough get their butts to the MAC counter." Whee!

MiCHiE

No one ever tells me what to do with my makeup now. When I first started wearing eyeshadow, a coworker in TX told me that I needed to wear powder and blush to "round out" the look. But, my coworkers here (NO) ask for MU advice or me to do their eyes all the time. I'm just not comfortable with that, though. I'm just learning to do me LOL. I'm surprised no one really comments on the colorful looks. They tell me the browns and golds aren't really "me". I agree with that.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
I think my new motto for office makeup conversion will be "When the going gets tough, the tough get their butts to the MAC counter." Whee!

That always makes me feel better and look better too. I would love to work with you. We could share our latest haul together.
winks.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
No one ever tells me what to do with my makeup now. When I first started wearing eyeshadow, a coworker in TX told me that I needed to wear powder and blush to "round out" the look. But, my coworkers here (NO) ask for MU advice or me to do their eyes all the time. I'm just not comfortable with that, though. I'm just learning to do me LOL. I'm surprised no one really comments on the colorful looks. They tell me the browns and golds aren't really "me". I agree with that.

You do a fabulous job applying makeup. Personally, I think the colorful looks are radiant on you.