Do women wear make-up to attract the opposite sex?

Pink_minx

I would never ever wear that much makeup for a guy...I always like to go as natural as possible. But when i do wear a lot of makeup for whatever occassion i do it for myself. My bf always ask me if there is one day i go without makeup and why i feel the need to wear it and I always tell him its because i love makeup its like art for us girls and guys too. Its just fun to dress up for yourself.

sierrao

well yes for me its true, i do wear makeup to attract guys but ive been single for 3 years so i kinda need any help i can get lol. but if i did have a boyfriend i would still wear the same amount of makeup because i hate going outside my house with a naked face

Kragey

I doubt most men would be attracted to my two major preferences for make-up, which are: 1) no makeup (90% of the time), or 2) gothy clown paint (9% of the time). It's rare for me to do something super-natural.
winks.gif

And really, when I do go on "dates," I very rarely put a whole lot in to my make-up. Maybe some brightly-colored pigment used as a liner on my top lashline, and I'll do my lashes, but, erm, it doesn't get much complicated than that.

In short, I just wear it because I enjoy it.

Besides, women are hotter. :p

moonlit

I wear makeup because I have acne scars
ssad.gif
so I just try to use foundation and concealer to cover it up.. When "I" look into the mirror, I want to look good and feel good. I NEVER ever do it to attract men.. I know men do not like makeup on women... my ex bf dint even like me wearing eyeliner...

I do more of face makeup then eye makeup.. I dont use eyeshadows- my focus is always flawless skin.. I do add liner to define my eyes .. sometimes mascara and lipstick/gloss/blush. I love liquid / powder highlighters so I usually highlight my cheekbones ..

Shadowy Lady

no, but some women think we do. I guess coz they're either old fashioned or just never wear makeup unless THEY want to attract opposite sex. Like other ppl say, I wear the brightest colours for myself and to improve my skills. Also, I work in a very male dominated field, putting my makeup on in the morning allows me to have girlie time with myself, it makes every day a better day for me.

I'm not planing on attracting the opposite sex as I'm happily married. My husband likes whatever makeup I wear anyway but on a ramantic night out I tend to do a soft smokey eye with red lipstick.

Shanti

When it comes to people commenting on my makeup, the thing that bothers me the most is when they imply that you're only pretty when wearing it... no makeup = ugly.

I love makeup as an art. Although personally, I'll admit that if I were the last person standing on earth, I probably wouldn't bother wearing it much. I do use it because I am subconsciously "competing" and comparing myself to other women, especially since I've moved closer to a big city. I also use it for the opposite sex too, in most cases. Without makeup... I don't think I'd find any decent potential suitors, haha.

But yeah, it's annoying when people assume you're just trying to attract the opposite sex. =/ I mean so much is based on looks anyways so looking polished and kept is the least one can do to do well right.

Face2Mac

I don't wear makeup to attract the opposite sex. If anything I might attract a parrot, because that is what I look like most of the time.

banana1234

My ex used to hate it when i wore make up, but i wore it anyway!!
my current bf thinks its great, and i still dont do anything different, it helps that my bf doesnt say how trashy i look whenever i do a smokey eye...
sometimes he says i look pretty, but he says that when i have nothing on, so i guess i just do it for me

hello_kitty

I wear makeup because I just love it! I really don't care what others think of it. I love creating looks and playing with different color schemes. It makes me feel very pretty, but I feel pretty when I have no makeup on as well.

Until about 2 or 3 years ago, I barely wore makeup. All through high school and college all you can find me with would be some black eyeliner and mascara.. nothing else! And I had plenty of boyfriends and guys after me, so that alone makes me feel that I don't wear makeup now to attract someone of the opposite sex.

xcoco

I wear makeup for myself because I like putting makeup on and looking good. I usually do a full face makeup and like to wear smokey eyes in the day time, I don't really care about day or night makeup LOL.

Most people say that I am really good and that they love my makeup but I had some people saying that I look like a witch, circus clown, fake, barbie, slut because I have full lips and I like to wear lipgloss..

In my opinion, there will ALWAYS be people who will hate you and talk without any reason no matter what you do, so don't change yourself because of them. You are who you are, if they can't live with it then it's their problem, not yours. Some people just have low self esteem and have to judge others so they can feel better about themselves.

I know it's easy to say but not to do, it hurts. At first I tried to wear less makeup, but it really didn't suit me. Its my style, why should I change it for other people? It is none of their business anyway. I also noticed that most of the time, it's always the same people or the same group of people who are talking , at least for me. The people in my school are so immature and always talking shit, I can't wait to finish high school. Before I changed school or outside of school, people never said stuff like that about me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I don't wear makeup to attract the opposite sex. If anything I might attract a parrot, because that is what I look like most of the time.

hee hee! this made me chuckle! i think i'd attracta parrot too with all the rbight colours i wear!
smiles.gif